“Terrible place” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
“Terrible place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

So disappointed to see that this hotel is a four story shack between a bunch of 25 story great looking hotel towers. We had to do our own checklist and we discovered that most things were missing from the room, like towels, hair dryer, etc. The lamp fell off the wall when I touched it. Even though we paid extra from a beach view, we can't see anything because there are palm trees in the way. The location is good however; near some popular clubs and restaurants. The "maid" refused to leave when I told her to come back later because we were sleeping... When she came in to clean, she simply warned us to hide dope if we had it (we didn't) then took our dirty towels and did nothing else (she never replaced the towels). The room is full of cheap furniture including an old TV, the safe requires a quarter every time you want to use it. The bottom line is that this place is a dump, save up some money and stay somewhere next door, where the rooms are actually clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Maybe we shouldn't rent to kids during Spring Break. We want everyone reguardless of age to experience what Panama City Beach has to offer. The only thing I can say to this is...................
A picture is worth a thousand words! Please visit our website at bikinibeachresort.com
and I'm sure you will agree, we are not a dump.

Life is a beach! come visit:-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sheridan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Came in late July with my Mother and son. We had reservations. We arrived early and were rudely told to not show up early but finally told we could use a restroom to change and welcome to use the pool and beach.
Then I find out they are allowing people without reservations right on into rooms. I've never seen that before. your reservations always come first. At least one of the rooms was just like our's and we should have been given a room first.
We checked in on a Sunday and it seems the weekend office staff is not as nice as the weekday.
The grounds were kept spotless and grounds keepers nice. Our porch light was out and the guy beat me there to change it after notifying the office.
The rooms were clean and everything worked. I do feel like I got my moneys worth but still pretty upset about being kept a good hour past checkin while they took walkins first.
Oh, I was also disapointed the Tiki Bar closed so early in the day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I am so sorry you were late getting into your room. The only explaination I can give is that the walkin's must have been for one or two night stays and were already cleaned. As far a the Tiki Bar closing early we are disappointed as well. The DEP think that the turtles need it dark.
So, they won't allow us to stay open past sunset.

I hope you will give us another chance.

Life is a beach! Come and visit!!
Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I took my family back in June of 2011 for their first trip to Florida. My first wife and I use to come to the Bikini all the time between 1998-2003 before she became ill. I could not wait for my family to experience what I was accustomed back then.
Unfortunately, some of the magic is gone. Rates are still reasonable to be in the busy location that it is in. But the beds made our trip miserable. They were so hard I considered buying air-mattresses and place on top.
Their was no "Welcome" or "How are you" when we arrived. The clerk looked at me and just said "yes" in almost a disgusting tone.
We came back to PCB in October and completely avoided the Bikini. I passed it and it was like a goodbye to an old friend.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach side except for one.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

I just came back from staying at this hotel last week. It was very nice! It has a beautiful view of the ocean and is very close to just about everything. The staff is super nice and always has a smile on their face. The only negative thing I have to say is that the maids didn't give us fresh towels for 2 days. I ended up having to go get my own towels which really isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. I would definitely recommend the Bikini Beach Resort! I plan on going back next year :)

• Stayed September 2011
TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Just returned home from a 4 night stay at the Bikini Beach. We enjoyed our stay overall. It is right on the beach and we had an oceanfront room. We were on the second floor and saw dolphins in the water from our beds.

The hotel is old and outdated but it was clean. We had a refrigerator and microwave in our room that was convenient. The room was small but we didn't spend much time in there anyway since the beach is so beautiful. The beds were terrible and that is the only reason that I probably will not return because the price is great. Housekeeping removed the sand from the floor and provided us with clean towels daily. The towels were small and thin much like an econolodge or something but you expect that for the price paid. The only staff we dealt with was at checkin. I didn't get his name but the guy that checked us in was very nice.

You get what you pay for and if you want a great beach vacation on a beer budget than I do recommend this establishment.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ft Benning
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here over labor day weekend. Arrived an hour before check in but they allowed us to check in. It is an older hotel, it doesn't look terrible from the outside, just be prepared for it to look older. We got keys, not cards, and went to our rooms. Our first key didn't work, but they quickly gave us a new copy. The room... it was SMALL. Very very small. If you're traveling as a couple, it would be totally fine, but we had 4 adults and 1 year old, so it got kind of cramped. It's not quaint small, it's ridiculous small. Besides the size, everything else was absolutely fine. It was perfectly clean and ready when we got in. The floors are tile, which is fine, it just got irritating to be walking on sand, and after coming in from the beach/pool all wet or getting out of the shower, it got very slippery. The staff was really great when we asked for extra towels to lay down so the baby didn't slip when she walked around. The comforter was kind of uncomfortable and itchy... but that's a cheap hotel comforter for you. Bring your own blanket or just use the sheet. The AC kind of had a damp smell... but that is pretty common for the beach. The doors only have chain locks and the doorknob... no deadbolt, which made me kind of uneasy, but there we'rent many people walking around at night so it made me feel better.
There is no wi-fi at all, and no ice machine. It costs $3/bag in the lobby, and there is a desktop pc in the lobby for customer use. We just went to the starbucks down the way, about 5 minute drive. Also no hair dryer or coffee maker, but coffee makers can be borrowed from the front lobby.
Housekeeping came by once when we were in our room and offered to sweep and left us extra towels, and the next day when they came they cleaned up everything since we were at the beach.

Location is great, on the beach and only about 100 yards from a lifeguard stand. Next door are 4 privately owned homes and the other side is empty, so the beach isn't crowded. Right down the road from everything. I didn't like that we paid in advance, especially with the rainy weather, but overall it was a perfectly fine stay.

If I was looking for somewhere I knew was cheap and was only going with my husband, I would definitely stay here again. If it was more than just the 2 of us, I might have picked somewhere else or upgraded to a different room, but honestly, I'd probably just go somewhere that I knew had bigger rooms.

Room Tip: The tower rooms had larger porches, and I'd assume they're probably a bit bigger.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

ugh ugh ugh do not go here. gross, disgusting! you must pay in advance!!??? So you can't leave. 1st night--on 1st floor--thought I could look out at beach, but only could see Tiki bar. Room disgusting--all old--bad old--not quaint. Couldn't sleep--flimsy doors and locks. Next am--to another room in "the tower". Some better but not much. So much for trying to support 'family owned, independent' motels. Stay away!! no wonder there were no pix of rooms.

Room Tip: not even a good rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bikini Beach Resort Motel? Share your experiences!