“Right on the beach and very affordable in the off season” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Commodore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
The Commodore
You added The Commodore to your Saves list
4715 Thomas Dr., Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Birmingham, Alabama
“Right on the beach and very affordable in the off season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Of course, you have to understand, Panama City Beach, Florida is my most favorite place in the whole world to enjoy the sun, beach and just relax with my husband! We found this condo on the Internet and were pleasantly surprised that the price was very affordable because the off season had just begun.

We were on the sixth floor which was perfect to view the beach and gulf. Our particular condo had mirrors on one whole wall (to give the appearance of more room) which we didn't like. After seeing ourselves in those mirrors all week, we decided we HAD to get back to exercising and get in better shape! We will select another room next time simply because of that. But, it is now October and we are still exercising--which is GOOD!

The attendants and office personnel were very nice, except for one girl in the office whom I spike with when I returned home to ask her to look for a tripod that I believed I had left on top of the luggage rack. She was NOT helpful and even had a NASTY attitude about my concern. I felt like she could have cared less about my loss and I told her so. She hung up on me. I was planning to call back and talk to the manager, but as I returned to my normal routine, it slipped my mind. So, I just purchased another one.

Can't wait to go back next Summer. We usually go 3-4 times. We will probably stay here in the off season again because of the price and stay somewhere less expensive during the main season.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Our first visit to Panama City Beach was Great. We stayed at the Commodore Condominiums on the east end Thomas Drive. I would stay here again. When looking for a condo I look for cleanliness and comfort above all. I have a few basics that one has to meet: Clean, Good Bedding, Washer/Dryer in unit, Dishwasher. Every thing else is just extras. After all we're just renting. A co-worker had recommended this complex. We've stayed in several condos on the gulf coast over the past several years and this 2b/2ba condo #603 was probably the cleanest condo we've ever stayed in. It doesn't appear to be the newest complex but it is well maintained. The bedrooms were roomy. The master had a king bed, private full bath, and large walk-in closet also walk out to the balcony. The 2nd bedroom had a full and queen size beds and large walk-in closet. There was also a pull-out sofa bed in the living room. All more than enough room for the three of us. The kitchen had every thing you might need to cook in. Dining area had a large table w/ 6 chairs and also a bar w/ 2 stools. The living room had the sofa, love seat and an odd chair. The view from the living room out onto the balcony was a beautiful unobstructed view of the gulf. The pool area was pretty and had a kiddie pool and hot tub. They also have on sight security. The security guards are super friendly and do not cause any inconvenience to Commodore's guest. Just extra peace of mind.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I stayed at the Commodore with my boyfriend and my parents. We rented a 2 bedroom condo for $135/night. Go to their website and look at the specials. I rented 6 nights and got the 7th night FREE. The room was very spacious and stocked with everything we needed. Full kitchen, washer & dryer, dish washer, a huge balcony and a great dining room and living room. The decor was beach themed but mature and well put together. We stayed on the 5th floor and we had a great view of the beach and all the amazing sunsets. The staff was very friendly, even the service guys were nice on the elevator! The pool was great. It was large and heated. Also there is a kiddie pool and a poolside hot tub :) Beach access is perfect with chairs for renters and the beach there was very clean and not crowed. The water was shallow for several hundred yards and St. Andrews Bay Park was within walking distance. I plan to stay here for now on!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We arrived on the 11th of May the clerk was friendly and helpful. No snotty attitude here. We made our way to our room, 1207. A simply decorated 2 bedroom condo. Very nice furnishings. Flat screen TVs in Living and bedrooms. The carpets has been cleaned recently. The pool area was uncrowded as was the beach. All pools and spa were well chlorinated and clean. The facility was in the process of doing some work on the different floors there (Painting and floor refinishing), But there was no problem or noise from that. The elevators were clean and actually interrupted a staff member mopping them out. You have to remember that these are outside access elevators and have people with sandy feet in and out of them all day, so a little sand now and then is expected. We spoke with a few of the people that lived there and had nothing bad said about the renters. Apparently some one had some bad info as they were in the process of doing some outside restoration work. The Kitchen was well stocked with the necessary utensils and had no problem there. The one thing I can say about the overcrowding issue is to go "off season!" No traffic no crowds. I just failed to find any of the problems in the past two reviews that they did. Great location away from the main strip and close to the main bridge back to PC.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
jonesborough, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is a very family oriented resort. Our family has stayed the past 5 years in a row. It is in a area of Panama City Beach that is semi secluded. We had stayed in other condo's in the area but none compared to The Commodore.

The down fall is that it is an older complex so it is not all up to date on several things. Another downfall for some is you can't walk to the hot spots you have to drive.

What our family likes the best is the peace that comes with being able to go to sleep at 10:30 p.m if we want. In the morning there are the screaming kids at the pool that come with every place you stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

We stayed at the Commodore early August of 2008. The unit we were in was not nice. It had been closed for a long time so there was a musty smell when we walked in the door. Some of the couch cushions were moldy from being closed up for so long. The kitchen was barely stocked with the items needed. It didn't look like the owners ever visited this place. The pool is too small for the size of the building - on certain days there would be 40 people in a really small pool. It was not what I would consider to be a value for your money. Next time I visit PCB with my family we will spend a little more money and stay someplace nice.

• Liked — location - it is at the end of PCB near St. Andrews Park
  • Disliked — Condo was sub par
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
angelface694u
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

I had a wonderful time here.I came down with some friends.We got up in the mornings and watch the dolphins come right up to the beach almost but of course by the time we got down the elevatorand got out there they would be gone .Beautiful place very pretty at night especially during the fireworks. Would definetely recommend it toanyone needing a good quiet vacation

Stayed July 2007

Been to The Commodore? Share your experiences!