“Outrageous!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Plaza Motel
You added Plaza Motel to your Saves list
12830 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #43 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Outrageous!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here. I'm a local looking for a week to week stay until next year. I have 2 cats and we ASKED if cats were okay and she said yes. When we checked in we asked if cats were okay and they said YES. We had some issues with the door because it jiggled and I felt VERY unsafe. The people around are disgusting. We got locked out and broke in with a credit card that's how unsafe it is. After staying one night we got a knock on the door saying we had to go to the front desk. So we did, and they told us that we had to leave because they didn't allow cats AND we kicked in the door. I said I was not leaving until i spoke to the boss (cause it's obviously locally owned) and he had the cops called on me. And no matter what I had to say I still had to leave. Losing my deposit and one nights stay. These people are crooks. Dogs walk around without leashes barking at everyone. And I mean big dogs. Yeah it may have some kind of party reputation but I would never stay here again because I'm scared for my life a crack head is going to come steal something from me. My advice is to pay a little more and stay somewhere where the doors don't jiggle.

• Stayed October 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

For the duration of my stay i had a blast. First off the property has a 24/7 deli/bar centrally located on site, along with a convenience store. On top of that the staff is always cheerful and happy to assist you. Last but most importantly to me was the condition of the room itself. Being specific it was clean, and the beds were comfortable. All in all i can confidently state i look forward to my next visit to the plaza!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Andalusia, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First off there were No bugs. The room was clean, bed were bug free. We stayed July 11th thru July 14th 2014 so it was during the summer, people were nice, no loud partying either, people Need to realize that it is a party motel not the Ritz. It was clean comfy very convent to the beach and we had a blast while we were there. No bad reviews from us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

BED BUGS! BED BUGS! BED BUGS!BEWARE!!!

On July 16th, 2014 we checked into the plaza motel because it was simply affordable. We should have taken the hint that they give you 15 minutes to check over your room before you can no longer receive your money back. The odor coming from outside of our room was horrible. We woke up the next morning and flipped on the light to find bed bugs!!! On the pillow of one bed and the comforter of the other one. When speaking to the representative at the front desk her response was "oh that's not good do you have bites?" "Yes I do, and pictures of the bugs" "well there's nothing we can do about it have a good day" what the heck kind of customer service is that?? That kind of information should be disclosed before other people are subjected to that kind of stay! We stayed in room 103. Definitely a horrible experience.

Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We checked in and only walked into the room twice and saw a roach both times. We also saw a Roach in the food serving area. The doors didn't have a secure lock on them. The party atmosphere seemed like Iit would be a fun time however the only positive experience was that it right across the street from the beach. If this place is I your price rage i highly recommend going so where else.

Room Tip: Room furthest from the dinning area and on the second floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Paris, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great experience! The owner is very friendly. We were right across the street from the beach. Its a bit of a stroll if you are carrying a lot in yours arms. The pool was clean and always open. Right on the srtip. There was plenty to do within walking distance. Its not fancy, but if you just need a clean room and a laid back beach atmosphere then you'll be fine. We stayed in the suite, which sleeps 12. We didn't see any of the awful stuff in some of the pictures that are posted. I wasn't really just inspecting the place. It smelled good, had cold air, felt clean, so we were happy.

Room Tip: Since the pool stays open all night, if you go during a busy time, you may want to get a room a litt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Red Oak, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We needed a place to stay for 1 night without paying an arm and a leg. I knew going into this it was a risk however for 2 adults, 3 kids,15, 11 and 5, a rate of $161 with 2 double beds and bunk beds it was worth it. We got in after day at beach, showered, then walked to 3 brothers from Italy pizza. I felt somewhat unsafe because of the looks of the place and some of the people there but i reminded myself that they were probably there for price like me. The front desk clerk (which is located in the convenience store)was very nice. The next morning we had their complimentary breakfast of yummy,tasted homemade, biscuits and gravy along with great scrambled eggs, coffee and TANG(?). The cook/bartender was very nice. I also did not get bit by any bedbugs. So of course, not the Ritz but hey we made it work. If you are super big on looks, don't stay here. However if you just need a cheap place to shower, sleep, or sit outside in nightlife,this place is fine. It is more of a party atmosphere. College kids will enjoy. VERY LAID BACK. 24/7 store, grill and bar. I'd stay again but only for 2 days max. It kinda felt like i was in Quentin Tarantino movie motel. I guess i wanted a little adventure.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!