“Five Star Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview East & West Condominiums

Save Saved
You added Grandview East & West Condominiums to your Saves list
Grandview East & West Condominiums
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   10713 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Tallahassee, FL
“Five Star Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We stayed in room 0803! We asked other patrons if there rooms were nice and it always started a discussion about how nice there's was. The rooms were five stars. The only downside is the security. You have to enter codes to get into the pool area, etc. We wrote the codes on a business card and carried it with us. The pools are very small, but we have a pool at home so that is not what we were there for. They were very refreshing and no one in them when we did jump in.

• Liked — Quality of funishings
  • Disliked — sheets
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

1st time on the busy part of the strip. Unfortunately we felt that we were somewhat locked into the condo, as the traffic was very busy. We felt that if you did not get back by 10:30 am the traffic coming home from the nearby Walmart would take almost 25 minutes. Traffic was horendous at dinner time, and coming from the quiet end of town when we went out for supper took nearly 45 minutes due to the traffic. Traffic was loud and annoying at night as it is the cruising part of the strip.

Condo was roomy. 2 baths, 3 bedrooms, nice laundry room, although the washer was not that good. Condo was not all that clean. Granted at first look looked fine, but when we were barefoot on the tiled floor, our feet were filthy, as floors may have been swept, but I suspect not washed in months. The decorating was nice, but furniture was very uncomfortable. Bed was very nice to sleep on. 2 Pools are a joke...In the shade and very small with a nice view of prking lot, Condo wall but could see beach

Front desk not all that helpful, and sometimes a bit rude. Found not having a working landline phone in the units was very unhandy as we traveled with another family, and phones in both units were only allowed to dial 911. I thought there might be some PSC rules against this, but all I got was a blank look and nothing else. I feel bad for the owners, but management is not all that adept in resloving the problems, or communicating to guests. If I were an owner I'd be worried about my investment.

This is our 4th condo complex we've been at in PCB, and its not as bad as the Summit, but looking at the cast of characters at this place, it will soon be the place to go for all college and high school kids as there were many condos that had no adults. This may be the next Summit if you know what I mean.

Will not stay here again due to traffic, noise, front desk, and beach was way too busy. We'll go back to our old haunts where it is much more relaxing. We've sent note directlyto Grandview, but we do not expect a follow-up on ther part.

• Liked — Bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Location and front office
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tallahassee FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

We stayed at Grandview for a week in July. I had found a special online for a great rate of 230.00 a night for a 3 bedroom condo. I have stayed at many one room hotels for the same rate so I didn't expect much seeing as it was a three bedroom. Once we arrived I went to the check-in office loacted on the 1st floor. The lady (I think her name was Shannon) working behind the desk was outstanding. She had a line out the door and the phones ringing off the hook but still managed to handle all her tasks and help everyone with a smile. After a few minutes we were on our way to our room. After we finished unloading our supplies I got to take a breath and look around. The condo was outstanding. The funriture itself must have cost more than the condo itself. I was afraid to touch anything for fear I might break it. The kitchen was amazing with all stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. The view from the balcony was above all the best. Grandview did have some draw backs like the pool being small and slightly shaded but for my 86 year old mother it was a life safer since she cannot get in the sun. Personally I went to the beach for the beach not the pool...I could have stayed home and saved some money if all I wanted was the pool. The room also came with four beach chairs and two umbrellas. What a steal since the lifeguard told me that they charge the public 35 dollars a day. Our family had the best vacation ever at Grandview and we plan on returning next year. We stayed in unit 604W.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

We stayed at the Grandview in late June 2006. Our 2 bedroom/2 bath unit was nicely appointed and very spacious. There were six in our party and we had plenty of room to spread out. We did not have any problems reserving our complimentary beach chairs. I do agree with several other postings that the pools are on the cool side because they are shaded by the building and parking under the building is limited. These few drawbacks aside, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Grandview. We plan to stay there again next summer.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We just returned from 4 nights in the Grandview East. The 15th floor 3 bedroom unit we stayed in was large and nicely decorated. The only problem with the unit was stained carpet. The master bedroom was nice with a very large bathroom with whirlpool bath and huge shower. The second bedroom had a queen bed with a shared bath. The third bedroom was small but nicely decorated with a trundle bed.

The swimming pools were small and cold. They were located under the corners of each tower in the shade. Not a place to get a tan and very few chairs. Each rental unit was given two umbrellas and four chairs. There was a line every morning at 7 am to meet the beach service guy to reserve a chair. You had to get there early to reserve a gulf front chair. There were two rows of chairs.

There was limited parking under the building. Cars stuck out from under the building on the gulf front where I saw several cars that were spit on from the balconies above. My son in law parked his new BMW on the street side where a group of partying teens threw a drinking glass from the 5th floor that went through his sun roof. Security alerted us and promptly evicted the teens. There are three parking lots across the street which I highly recommend using however crossing Front Beach Road in bumper to bumper traffic of teens cruising the strip can be a problem. Police were highly visable.

We will be looking for some other place to stay on our next trip to PCB. We stayed in the Boardwalk Beach Resort last year and it was very nice.

• Stayed July 2006
Smyrna, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

The dishwasher in our condo was leaking when we arrived and had soaked the carpet in the living room, and the carpet where it was wet had stains all over it. Ended up having maintenance in our room twice to fix it and stayed indoors half the day waiting on them to find out what the problem was, the second day they decided they could not fix it and I ended up having to wash all the dishes that were already in the dishwasher instead of them taking care of it. Also, both the sliding door curtains and blinds for the window in the master bedroom were broke and they could not replace them until they contacted the condo owner and it was ok'd with him.
We ended up having our vehicles spit on from the balconies above. Don't bother to call management about the problem like we did on Saturday night. He was rude and screamed in mine and my fiance's faces that he wasn't going to do anything about it. And another thing that I found out is that the pools are only heated in the wintertime, so be prepared for really cold water if you decide to use the pools. Only a jacuzzi tub in the master bath, not both bathrooms. Good Luck Travelers!

• Stayed June 2006
Grandview E, Public Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Sorry you had a negative experience! Please keep in mind that Grandview East is not a hotel. We are a condominium complex. Some of our owners choose to rent their condo as a vacation rental through VRBO or a rental company. Please direct your complaints (negative reviews) to the owner or company that rented to you. We do not do rentals nor are we responsible for them. We have lots of guests that rent with good rental companies and VRBO. Please check individual unit and management company reviews on their sites to assure a positive experience.
Hartsville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Grandview after being bumped from the Boardwalk Beach Resort and I must say we really liked the Grandview. They put us in a 3 bedroom unit that was huge. The unit was clean and well maintained. The view was spectacular. Beach chairs and umbrellas were included in the rental. The only drawback was the pools, they were small and under a shade and the water stayed very cold. We were pleased with the Grandview.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Grandview East & West Condominiums? Share your experiences!