“Nice place, but can hit or miss on the condos” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Walk Condo Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Pelican Walk Condo Resort
6905 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32417   |
Birmingham, AL
“Nice place, but can hit or miss on the condos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at Pelican Walk a couple of times over the years, finding rentals through VRBO. Overall, it's a great condominium, and we especially like that there are pet friendly units available. There are two nice pools, and a tennis court, racket ball court and pool table are also available for guests. There is a designated grassy area for walking dogs with doggie bags and a bag disposal can on site. The beach is beautiful, close to the condo, and was not over crowded during our stay. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent for $32.50 per day, or less for multiple days.

Be mindful that units are individually owned and managed so some are in much better shape than others. Several years ago we rented a beautiful three bedroom with a huge wrap around balcony on the top floor and gorgeous views. We would certainly rent that one again, but could no longer find the listing. A few weeks ago we were again looking for a pet friendly unit and found a 1 bedroom, 2 bath - Unit #302 through VRBO, managed by Resort Destinations. We had a 3 day stay and were satisfied since we got it just a couple of weeks in advance during peak season, but would probably not rent that unit again. The view of the beach was obstructed by a huge palm tree right in front of the balcony. The unit was clean and the kitchen and baths were well supplied. It had an extra firm king bed, but it seems time to replace the sleeper sofa and love seat since they are not supportive and are uncomfortable. There were no hangers in the closet. The ironing board was broken. A blanket we found folded nicely in the closet could not be used by our son because it smelled terrible. This unit was OK for a short stay, but we found some things lacking.

Room Tip: Palm trees obstruct balcony views on several of the level 1-3 units.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a great time on our trip! Looking to try someplace new for a little couples’ retreat, we decided to give Pelican Walk a try. We rented a one bedroom through VRBO with Jake Caldwell, a little nervous as we always are when trying a new rental. We were so happy when we arrived! Spotless, pretty spacious, and a great view to boot. The condo had a nice view and we were always on that balcony. The Gulf is beautiful! Pools were kept clean and traffic in the area was lower than we’d expected given that it’s summertime. We’ll be back. SO glad we decided to try something new!

Room Tip: Condos are very cozy. We were on the 10th floor, so we had an amazing view!
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our experience was wonderful. I was so skeptical after reading all the horrifying reviews that I almost cancelled my trip with my daughter. I got there with high anxiety thinking that I was about to have to stay in the nastiest, loudest, filthiest room & deal with a very rude staff based off all the reviews I kept reading. To my amazement upon check-in, it was perfect. The staff was so wonderful, welcoming & so helpful with anything I needed during our four day stay, security was on top of every entrance & exit, and the room was "spotless." There is a quiet time in place from 11pm-7am and it was just that. Even with a nightclub next door, I didn't hear a thing! This is an older condo with a few bump & bruises with age as you would expect but very very clean and for the value of a long weekend, it was great. I am extremely OCD when it comes to being clean so for me to say this place is great, it is GREAT!!! All the appliances worked! :) I am definitely going back next year and telling all my friends about it too. You cannot ask for a more perfect view and you are located near everything but not right in it. I just cannot say enough about our experience. I have learned NOT to read reviews anymore cause it could have turned me away from a wonderful place. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

we stayed in condo #911... great shape, very clean, great views... no complaints... would definitely stay there again and would recommend to our friends.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We rented at the Summit and we simply could not stay there, it was terrible, we looked for places everywhere and then we came along Pelican Walk. as soon as we walked in we could tell it was nice, owner rented, fully furnished, we went to the room, absolutely amazing! I can't tell you how grateful we are we found this place. Consider this place for sure. We will come back.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We rented 501 for a week during high peak season and we absolutely loved it. It had a beautiful view and very large balcony. I liked that the bedrooms did not open to the balcony b/c of safety reasons for my kids. The front bedroom had 2 queen beds, and two other bedrooms had king beds. Close enough to non beach attractions but far enough from loud rowdiness. We rented through Panama Beach Time, and they were really nice. Wished there were more TV channels, and that there was a dvd player in all bedrooms. 2 pools at property, and while this property is a pet friendly resort, this particular condo was not.I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor and above have better unobstructed views, rooms that end in "01" are close to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lebanon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We rented room 903 and it's very nice. The balcony was great. The king bed was very comfortable. The bedroom has a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. We rented through VRBO and I truly recommend Marcis listings 903 or 1003. She provides beach chairs, boards, and a umbrella. So much better than having to rent them or lug your own. There is a fully stocked kitchen with everything you need, even some snacks :) There is a smooth top stove. There is a high efficency quiet washer and dryer. There's a dishwasher and garbage disposal. The only thing we didn't like was having to leave. Pets are welcome and our dog just LOVED the balcony. We look forward to staying again. Some perks worth mentioning are early check ins, the fact that Marci is local and does her own cleaning, and the fact that we got to meet her on our way out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Walk Condo Resort? Share your experiences!