“Beautiful Suite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums

You added Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums to your Saves list
Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9400 South Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32418   |
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
“Beautiful Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our 2012 family reunion was hosted at the Boardwalk Beach Resort and Convention Center. The staff was wonderful. Julie Moxley and Michael ( the meal coordinator) were excellent. Everything was planned and coordinated without incident. Our accomendations were awesome ( suite 1801). We had a enjoyable reunion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family has stayed at the Boardwalk 7 times in the past 7 years. We have always loved it there and have had many awesome memories. This time was very different. Check-in was friendly and efficient, but the room we stayed in (1203) was badly in need of cleaning. The windows were so grimey that you could barely see the ocean and the master bedroom carpet was heavily soiled with stains. The comforter on the bed looked 20 years old and stained. The mattress on the pull-out couch was in such bad condition for my kids to sleep on that I thought I was going to have to buy an inflatible one but then then we found one in the closet (one plus).

The Boardwalk is in a great location and could be one of the best on the beach but it is getting older and I fear the complex/owners just don't care about keeping it up.

On the positive side the poolside bar/grill was wonderful. The beach chair rental guy was very accomodating and the beach itself was easily accessible and beautiful. That helps especially when the pool had to be closed because a child took a poo in the pool, so it had to be closed ALL DAY on the 4th of July.

MESSAGE TO BOARDWALK MANAGEMENT: Please fix your facilities so my family can come back next year!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view with less noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

While both 901 and 504 units were spacious, they were the DIRTIEST we've ever had to stay in. The walls in 901 were splattered with coke stains, the carpet was stained throughout. Furniture dirty. NOT GOOD. Moved us to 504. Very similar concerns. Bedding had stains.....gross! Carpeting also stained. WIFI and Safes did not work in either room. Resort and miscellaneous fees were over $235.00 MORE than email confirmation.

Do NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Window seals must be broken in 901 and 504...........wind was so loud! Bedding was hard.
laramie, wy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wow reading the reviews for this place not good. But I rented from an actual owner. It wasn't too crowded everyone was very friendly. You did have to wear the arm bands when I went or you couldn't be in the pool area which is understandable. My husband has also stayed here once before and loved so that why we chose this place again. Our room was up to date and really clean. My advice for anyone is rent from the owner because we didn't have any problem at all loved it and will come back again. One thing I did noticed about the place, if you like hanging your towels on the balcony outside don't do they will come to your room and make you take them down. It didn't happen to us but I noticed everyday there was somebody in the pool area checking to make sure.

Room Tip: We had the middle rooms VERY nice. If you don't like noise do have the end where club la vela is...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

To start off i called the Boardwalk resort because we would be in Florida a day early and i talked with the reservation manager " Kris " and he hooked us up by adding a day to our stay.While on the phone with Kris i explained to him about my fear of heights and when we arrived for check in he had placed us on the second floor. "THANKS" Our room was much nicer than what I got off of the internet and the view since I could go out on the balcony was just the best cup of coffee view I've ever seen! Again thanks for the great vacation and we will try to be back as soon as possible.

The rest of the staff were also great, even check in was nice and easy

Room Tip: Lower floors help with view and pictures come out really nice
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was our first family trip to PCB thank god I did not read reviews or there would be no way I would have stayed there. First of all only rent directly from owners as any service there is poor at best. But be warned renting directly from owner has some down side. If you do have any maintenance problems your owner will need to have their own people in place to correct issues. We had an issue as soon as we arrived at condo key card would not work so after 13 hours in the car I was not happy. Because this is a owner unit Boardwalk would not make new key, but really did not matter as no one from management was there after 4:30 pm anyway. I contacted owners with directed me to security they were able to get door unlock 1 time but it would not work after that. I contacted owners again this time I was not very professional but they handled me and had someone there the next morning to replace lock with keypad. We kind of lost a day because someone had to be in room to operate door until it was fixed, but things do happen. What is important was the proactive response by Bill & Pam Dees the owners of unit 602C. The condo was very nice and clean it could use some updating but overall is very nice and well kept. The resort seemed to me to be very well maintained with 5 elevators all working. The web site over sells the store and food at tiki bar. The game room and other eatery in the hotel side / Convention center are a joke. All the young folks they have working are very nice and try to be helpful. We decided to eat lunch at the hotel side and I felt so sorry for the kids trying to take orders and prepare food at one point the poor girl had 22 orders in front of her. They had 2 kids to handle all of this as the hotel just filled with 1200 kids, management you suck. The pools where in good shape but I agree they could use to be power cleaned. The security guards where nice to me but I could see where some people would look at them as little Hitler’s! Overall I would stay there again through the owner I rented from as they are nice and care about their units. www.pamsbeachcondos.com give them a chance if you are planning a trip to PCB.

Room Tip: Rent only from direct owners
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this place made me not even want to go back to panama city. Started off getting there our first room was filthy so by the hardest we got them to change us to another room. This one wansnt clean either but better than the first so we decided to stay. The first day we were there, there was a leak on one of our toilets which was leaking into the room below us. Even though it took ALL day to fix the problem, they fixed it..even though someone had to be in the room the entire time bc of previous reviews of staff stealing money and other things. The second day the problem with the toilet happens again well this time they actaully break the toilet (shatters) there was water everywhere they didnt bother to even clean it up. They install a new toilet and after that it continues to leak all over the floor and they refused to come fix it. Other than the toilet problem we also had problems with one of the tvs and the safe. Seemed like the problems would never end. The third day we decided to go out for the entire day. From 10 am in the morning til 4:30 in the afternoon we were gone. When we get back in our room maybe 10 mins later we hearing people banging on our door. Secerity and cops were there telling us we had to leave our room asap. We were all dumbfounded not knowing what was going on. They accussed us of throwing a chair and beercans off the balcony when nobody was there the entire day. They didnt let us talk to management or the security guard that "supposely" seen is throw the chair. The chair that was thrown, we had never seen in our life but they didnt want to hear that. The beercans serial number supposely match ours. It was just a bunch of bullcrap! So all 14 of us had to pack our things and get out. It was 6:00 and we had no wheres to go. They didnt even bother giving us a warning or even hear what we had to say. We were told we can never go back on their property or we would be arrested. We were told that the management and the booking site were the ones responsible for kicking us put but the funny thing is when we called our booking site they had no idea what was going on! They refused to give our money back for the other nights we were not able to stay. But we are in the process of getting a lawyer and fighting this bc we did not do anything they accussed us of and we will not go down without a fight. Please think twice before staying here there are alot of other places in panama that are way nicer than this!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!