“Seafood served at outrageous prices” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Trussville
“Seafood served at outrageous prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

On the afternoon of 5-30-07 my wife, sister, brother-n-law, grand nephew and I decided to eat at the Panama City Beach, Florida location. This was chosen by me because of the wonderful comments that my wife and other family members had from a previous visit. I had planned this visit for almost two months prior to our arrival and was anxiously awaiting a seafood feast. Our waitress arrived at the table and took our drink orders and gave us a few minutes to decide what we wanted to eat. I knew exactly what I was going to order and since my wife had told me about the abundant proportions, we had decided to share a seafood platter. Our waitress went to the kitchen and inquired about the flounder plate for my brother-in-law and returned to tell him that he would be full if he ordered it which he did. My wife and I decided on the Trinity platter. Our food arrived and his first comment was "I can get more than this for $7.99 at Long John Silvers!" and I had to agree with him. Our platter was poorly presented, the two pieces of corn on the cob were basically microwaved Jolly Green Giant Nibblet corn on the cob, soggy and cold. I inquired about where our Clams were and the waitress went to the kitchen and asked, returning to inform us that "They were out, and they had substituted some other kind of Crab for it. Thanks for the choice!
Now I'll tell you about your Crab legs, where's the meat? The only decent thing we ate was the Shrimp which was actually very good, kudos for getting that right.
The total cost of our meal was $115.00, which would have in my opinion been better spent elsewhere, and will from here on. I'm not too sure how a restaurant can stay in business serving horrible food at outrageous prices. I feel cheated and will never again grace, nor endorse your establishment

33% Recommend
canton, ga
“Worst dining in town”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

I work in the biz however my experience at Dirty Dicks was possibly the worst I have ever had. First the hostess forgot to put our name on the waiting list, second while waiting at the bar for our non-table (which wasn't crowded by the way) we were not even acknowledged, we had to ask the bartender for drinks after sitting there for 10-15 mins. Lastly, when we finally got a table our server had no knowledge of the menu or drinks (went back to the bar for those) and double charged me for my meal on my debit card (now i have to go through that hassle) while i had no silverware until my food which finally came was cold. Never again shall I patron that establishment, the food wasn't even that good.

Atlanta, GA
“Better off eating at McDonalds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

I don't mind waiting and paying for good food but this was the worst food ever!! Driest chicken ever cooked... Don't waste your time (oh yeah 2 hour wait)!!!

Granger, IN
“OK food, waited for it a longggggg time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

We decided to visit for lunch since this is Spring Break week, got seated right away and had a very nice but extremely busy waiter, must be short handed....the hush puppies we received complimentary while waiting for our food were excellent, probably the best I've had in PCB thus far. We ordered sandwiches and waited 45 minutes to get our food. Sandwiches were tasty and because we're on vacation we didn't mind too much about the wait, overall not a bad place.

TN
“Not bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

My husband an I went to this restraunt in August 2006. I am suprised of all the negative reviews i have read. I personally don't like sea food at all, but my husband does. I had the ribs and I thought they were good. My husband had some kind of sample platter and he liked that also. As far as the price, It was about average compared to the other restraunts we ate at in the area. Its a tourist area! What do you expect?