“Awesome as usual” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
atlanta GA
“Awesome as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Of course January is off season but great rates, room and staff! Weather was 72 degrees anyway! Too bad I was on business and didn't get to enjoy it much. Central time zone sun sets around 5:15! Rats! Very convenient to everything!!! Couple of blocks to the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, second visit here and I will stay all the time unless Summer rates are too high...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
detroit, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very clean and comfortable beds. We had a room with the whirlpool tub. Enjoyed having it since we traveled during the Christmas break and the weather wasn't quite as warm as we anticipated. Loved relaxing in the whirlpool in the room after touring the area.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Suites: cereals, waffles, eggs, yogurts etc. Some items weren't replenished and left empty. (Not many)

Only issue we had is when we tried to connect to the wireless internet, we could connect, only to be dropped. Reconnected, once again only to be dropped. Fortunately we didn't need to connect for work. It was just to check email. We never really followed to find out what the issue was. Our tablet, pc and phone all encountered the same problem: continual dropping of internet.

Other than that, no other problems. We stayed for 3 nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dothan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We got to the bech and drove hours just trying to get a hotel at the beach. This was really exhaustive and we were begining to argue my bf and I. On our way out of the beach, we finally saw this hotel. It was a life saver being at 3am in the morning after driving hours looking for one. The price, was really on the downside. I was shocked at their prices as the hotel is actually not too far from the beach. Staff was cautious and attended to needs in a timely manner. The breakfast, was the best I have ever had in any hotel. There was too much variety and this helped my five year old as he really enjoyed the variety. Lots of drinks and fruits as well. Absolutely a fab place to stay.
Jackie T

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This property looks new and appears in good repair: the public areas and my room all were clean and tidy. I liked the layout of the breakfast area: so many times in these smaller hotels that offer breakfast, the tables are crammed so tightly together it's hard to navigate. That was not the case here. The breakfast buffet was fairly standard: cold pastries, bread, bagels, cereal, juices, plus a couple of hot items and a make-it-yourself waffle option. The staff needs to do a bit better keeping the hot items hot, but since there was a microwave, I was able to reheat the sausages to a satisfactory temperature.

My room was a king bed suite decorated in neutral tones. There is a well-lit, comfortable work space, and a separate seating area. The mini fridge and microwave are especially useful for families or anyone on a longer stay: you can buy snacks and beverages at the local supermarket and have cold drinks handy any time. The bathroom was very clean, with plenty of space for toiletries, though the sink drain was a bit slow.

Cons: I was given bad directions to the hotel from the rental car person at the airport. I pulled over and called the hotel for directions, pretty sure I had passed up the street where I should have turned. The young woman who answered could not have been more clueless. I asked if there was someone else there she could ask and this too seemed beyond her. Luckily I found a Fedex driver who was able to assist me and I made it to the hotel shortly thereafter.

Pros: When I reached the hotel and checked in, the gentleman working at the desk could not have been more helpful, as far as offering recommendations for dining, activities, etc. Other than him though, I wasn't that impressed with most of the other people on the desk, which in my experience, is pretty unusual with Choice Hotels (and in interest of complete disclosure, I belong to their loyalty program, which is one of the reasons I chose this hotel).

One of the other reasons I'd opted to stay here was that even though I'd rented a car, I thought it was situated so that I could walk to numerous sites and restaurants. While there are a few places within about a half mile, you really do need a car to go farther afield, despite what some of the reviews for this hotel may indicate.

NOTE: In some literature, the address for this hotel still shows as 225 Beckrich: the hotel hasn't moved; the street name was changed to Richard Jackson (though the sign reads R. Jackson).

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall we had a nice stay and would stay here again. We have stayed in many Comfort Suites and Comfort Inn and Suites (choice privilege members) and found this one to be "standard". While the decor, furnishings, linens and cleanliness were nearly identical to one we stayed at in GA, it was not as quiet, the window heater was dusty and smelled like burning paper and the breakfast offerings were "basic". Other Suites offer omelette, bacon and sausage, hearty wheat breads, fresher muffins.

• Stayed December 2012
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After living in PCB for years and having great difficulty finding anywhere remotely normal for family to stay, I'm glad we found this hotel. No, it's not perfect, but it's the only choice for a clean, non-disgusting, no hidden charges hotel experience in PCB.
The room was clean although our bathroom had some water damage. That was really the only problem. The staff seemed to care about the appearance of the hotel and was helpful. It is in a safe location and walking distance to the beach. It is much nicer than comprable hotels for the same price, was not filled with disgusting drunk people, nor did it look like they just had a party there. It's a no-brainer if you are looking for a decent hotel in PCB. Eat at the new FirstWatch cafe just down the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I arrived in town on a red-eye flight and arrived at my scheduled "Number 1 Rated" hotel in the area on the beach around 11:45 p.m - what a disappointment - dirty, smelly rooms, partiers and rumors of bed bugs from one of the customers, the worker didn't seem to care or know anything. I obtained a full refund and promptly left. I was very tired and frustrated and after searching online at nearly 1:00 a.m. I called Comfort Suites and was met with a FRIENDLY VOICE and a CARING front desk representative who offered me the largest room they had for MUCH LESS than the "best" room the other hotel had. This hotel is very close to the beach and is CLEAN AND HAS VERY HELPFUL, FRIENDLY STAFFS. The BED WAS COMFORTABLE and the room was QUIET and CLEAN.

Room Tip: Ask for Keith. Very, very nice and extremely helpful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!