“It Was Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
st.louis
“It Was Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited Angelo's Steak Pit on Friday, June 28th. My family and I have been visting Panama City Beach for the past 15 years. Angelo's Steak Pit has always been on my list of restaurants to visit, but in all years past, we just never got around to trying it - until this past trip. I must say that I was a little worried about some of the negative reviews, however, I was greatly satisfied with the food that I was served.
First off, It was a Friday night in PCB and we had a party of 8. Every place we tried had at least 1.5 - 2 hour wait. Finally, we decided to go to Angelo's. The parking lot was packed! Yet when we got to the front desk, we were told it would be 30 mins. And they were right, they got us in, in 30 mins. They have a system and it works.
Second, the decor. Yes, other reviews are correct. The decor is old and very far from the "beachy" feel you get at other PCB restaurants. But then again, this is a steak house.
Third, the food. Yes, I thought it was a little pricey, but not too far off from other places in PCB. I ordered the Ribeye. It was $23. We also got an appeitizer of crab fingers for $14 (i think) and their was a bunch of them! The crab claws weren't awesome but everybody else at the table liked them. My Ribeye on the other hand, was excellent! Cooked perfectly and had a nice smoke flavor to it.
Would I go there again? Absolutely. Do I recommend it? Yes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arkansas
“Great steaks worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The lines were long when we got there but our wait wasn't really that bad (maybe 30 minutes). The food was great and the service was good! Definitely will be going back!

• Visited July 2013
Alta Loma
“Great Steaks rustic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place THANK YOU! The parking lot was packed, there were a lot of people, thought there would be a long wait. The place is huge, a lot of side rooms and it has a fun rustic decor. We were seated right away. We had the top sirloin steaks and they were flavorful and just the right size, cooked to perfection. Clam chowder was wonderful and the onion rings were so good. There were a lot of big parties so the service was ok. They have a little gift shop in the front of the restaurant with unusual finds. We will enjoy coming here again.

• Visited June 2013
South Alabama
“Best steak around, period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Angelo's serves the best steak I have ever had. It is a must for the wife and I at least once a year.

Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Steak in PCB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place is the best steak in PCB! When we travel to PCB in the summer, we eat there at least 2 times in a week! The best steak I have ever had. I even purchased the seasonings at their gift shop. I thought the first time I saw the onion rings, I thought they were doughnuts they were so big! Friendly place and huge restaurant but get there early or be prepared to wait! Say hello to Big Gus too!

• Visited August 2012