“Food is great and ample but ...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Food is great and ample but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

we had to wait a long time for it. Seems like the kitchen staff was minimal on a Sunday evening and from the order to actually tasting the entree' we waited about 45 minutes. the crazy thing was the restaurant and bar was not very full. But the wait was worth it. My wife had the steamed seafood combo which gave her two half dozen oysters broiled in two different ways, four large king crab legs - the blue claws were all gone - and eight large shrimps broiled cajun style. I had a stuffed crab - it was like a large crab cake - fried shrimp, fried scallops, and a fried fish with f/f, two hush puppies, and cole slaw. hers was 24 mine 23. well worth it and we were stuffed - like the crab. would recommend more highly but remember the waiting part...

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, Georgia
“What I Expect at an Oyster Bar!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I went to Billy's in 2011 for the first time. We've been back every time we go to Panama City Beach. The oysters are exceptional, the service very good, the drinks perfect and the atmosphere exactly what I'd expect from a top notch oyster bar. Of course man can't live on oysters alone - and neither can my wife by the way.. so yes, we've had other food too. The seafood gumbo is exceptional. It come complete with blue crab claws - only place I've ever had seafood gumbo with full crab claws. Speaking of blue crabs - if you're into them you won't be disappointed. They aren't my favorite as I kind of see them as the ocean's sunflower seeds - but Billy's have a great flavor. If the weather's good opt for the outdoor seating. It not a great view but it's part of the oyster bar flavor!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Little but Mighty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great great food! It's a little place with a lot to offer. I had peel and eat shrimp and crab and I barely came up for air! Their beer specials are great too!

Visited October 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Please don't bother...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

...because they won't, either. They don't bother to train their staff, make an effort to prepare the food properly, or make you feel welcome. None of the food even approached average, and the service was so bad I wanted to smack the waitress. The prices are mid-range for a tourist seafood restaurant, but nothing about this joint suggests they bother to consider giving you your money's worth. So why bother to go there?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Uninspired Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Based on reviews, Billy's was on my list of must try restaurants. I found the food to be average at best. The gumbo was just OK. I had been looking for some good fried oysters but didn't find them here.

Visited September 2013