“Decent seafood, but pricey. Nothing extraordinary.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Memphis, Tennessee
“Decent seafood, but pricey. Nothing extraordinary.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been to Billy's 3 times over the past 2 years. The steamed crab claws were great the first couple of times we went, but this time were not very good. My kids had hot dogs. Pina COladas were good, and my husband was pleased the had PBR for $1.25/can. They had outdoor seating too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alexander City, Alabama
“Wicked seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food here is fresh, amazing, the service is wonderful. It is a family oriented restaurant with children being allowed to color on the paper table coverings.

Visited May 2013
Georgia
“Good Food and Okay Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love fried oysters but the price varies greatly as does quality. Billy's was one of the more expensive places for oysters we ate at on this trip but they were good. We were able to get a table after a short wait. They had a large party in the back and our waitress brought out some crackers so we didn't starve while we waited. She said they weren't a fancy place so they didn't have any rolls or anything but she could give us some crackers. ;) They have a good variety of food although most is fried. The cole slaw wasn't great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Worth the drive if you want great seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just had THE best blue crab claws I've ever had! My husband and I decided to eat at the bar since there was a wait. Billy, (not the owner, but a 10 year employee) was very helpful with suggestions from the menu. My husband had the fresh oyster (I do not eat oyster) and he stated they were delicious. The crab claws and shrimp were the best I've had in recent memory. If you visit Panama City Beach, Florida this summer, and you want the best, drive to 3000 Thomas Drive. Their number is 805-235-2349. This restaurant is well worth the drive!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Depends on what you are looking for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went looking for steamed blue crabs, according to their website a specialty. We got there at 7:30 on Memorial Day and were immediately seated. Should have been a sign. They were out of blue crabs. So much for their specialty. My wife ordered the "Louisiana Style BBQ Shrimp". Essentially shrimp and boiled potatoes covered with what appeared to be Kraft BBQ sauce. Not like anything I ever had in Louisiana. Rest of us had steamed shrimp and crab claws-OK, nothing special. The restrooms had not been cleaned in some time. Might be OK if someone was interested in something deep fried and PBR specials.

• Visited May 2013