“An unreal experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Water Planet

Water Planet
Mailing: 203 Greenwood Dr, Boat Dock: 5709 N. Lagoon Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407
+1 850-230-6030
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Water Planet offers a variety of dolphin swim programs for the whole family in Panama City Beach, Florida, including fun and educational swim-with-the-dolphins tours and dolphin therapy programs for children with special needs.
Seattle, Washington
“An unreal experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the chance to have multiple swims with dolphins through Water Planet during the month of July. Every time we saw dolphins and the boat captains were all friendly, funny, and knowledgable. They have everything you need to be prepared for the water.They debrief you, answer any & all questions, & give you life jackets/masks. The captains really know when and how to get you in the water at the right time to be able to have the optimal encounter. Sometimes I swam with pods, sometimes a mom & her calf, or sometimes one or two really friendly dolphins. I was witihin inches of dolphins more times than I can count and a lot of times they would hangout for a couple minutes. After we were "dolphined out" we would go to Shell Island & we were able to collect tons of shells(which I really enjoyed). We would also go snorkel over grassy areas right off the shore & search for critters(sea urchines, hermit crabs, starfish, sand dollars, fish, etc.) I would recommend bringing a waterproof camera because you will be up close with dolphins and will want to capture the moment and memories!

USA et BELGIUM
“Awesome !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was awesome ! We had 7 - 9 dolphins swimming around us.... unbelievable ! They come so close to you. They swim around you. You really have the pleasure to look at them. El Capitano Denis and Nathalie are super nice. They're giving you plenty of details and explanations on the dolphins. It was a wonderful day for me and my family. Thanks again.

Lier, Antwerpen, Belgium
“An unforgettable experience in nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I can't think of enough superlatives to describe the Water Planet's experience! It's been such a pleseant, enjoyable and learning time. Capitan Denis' knowledge is endless as it comes down to sea life in general. You can ask him all your questions about the sea and especially about wild dolphins. Denis has a lot of experience in his job and it shows, he knows how to drive the boat in a non harassing way for the dolphins. You will learn a lot about the sea life in general, about dolphins and their behavior! Don't hesitate and ask questions! Water Planet is all about education about wild sea life and making humans aware on how their behavior effects the wild life and their creatures! I really like the fact that they try to educate the guests and make them more aware of their behavior and how their behavior has an impact on many other creatures, of course including wild dolphins! When Denis does his briefing he makes it clear that you will see wild dolphins and so 'a dolphins kiss' isn't on the shedule. But believe me... seeing wild dolphins is totally worth it! You will see a lot of dolphin behavior and at the end of the trip you will most likely to be capable of recognizing a few of them yourself. The fact that Water Planet also works with children with special needs is amazing. If you want an experience in nature with wild dolphins Water Planet is the place to be! Thank you Denis for an amazing experience, I loved all of it!

Visited May 2012
Christiansburg, Virginia
“A one of a kind experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

A last minute change of plans left with an extra-day in Panama City. I contacted several charter companies the evening before. I was consistently turned me down because they were all booked solid for the next day. I contacted Water Planet past 8 pm and they managed to set up a tour for the following morning.

Dustin in the office provided us very detailed instructions by email to prepare for the trip.

We took a two hour tours. I was afraid it may feel a little short but that was not the case. We spent more than an hour near the dolphins. We dived in the water at least a dozen times, swimming close to the dolphins each time. After two hours, we were just physically pretty tired.

Definitively beats seeing the dolphins in a marine park. It gives children a much more realistic perspective on wildlife.

Visited June 2012
Houston, TX
46 attraction reviews
“A wonderful experience overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you want to have a wonderful family excursion, check out Water Planet in Panama City Beach. We had such a good time!

We were greeted by Eric, our tour guide. He was polite, patient and really made the trip that much better. One of the nicest people we met during our whole trip in Florida, by far.

He took us out in a pontoon boat and immediately led us to the dolphins who swam right up to my children. Really neat and I was able to get it on film. We were guided around the dolphins for 2 hours and then went to a beautiful beach to relax and swim. After that, Eric took us shelling on the sand bar, where we were able to collect sand dollars and observe the various aquatic wildlife swimming.

We rounded out the trip by going back out in the channel and swimming with the dolphins again.

This was a wonderful trip we will never forget.