“Good price, even better view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seascape Inn
Save Saved
You added Seascape Inn to your Saves list
15505 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #37 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Smyrna, Georgia
“Good price, even better view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Unlike many other reviewers, I had a pleasant experience with the office staff. Both the man and woman were very friendly, and even recommended restaurants and helped us find coupons for them. I had some issues with excessive condensation in my room due to the high humidity and being on the very bottom floor, and the guy came and fixed it within 30 minutes of complaining. Also, since the room was on the bottom floor, all the linens smelled musty, but a quick call to the office and the housekeeper changed everything out within minutes with no complaints. If you stay on the bottom floor, you have to keep the AC on like 60 degrees for the humidity level to stay down and keep from smelling the musty odor. I wouldn't walk on the carpet bare footed either, it felt damp and kinda icky. But the bathroom and kitchen was spotless. Overall, for $79 a night for a beachfront room during the "in" season it can't be beat. My room was right in front of the pool and steps away from the beach. The pool was old, but clean and good temperature. My next stay I will definitely request a room on the upper level to alleviate the musty odor.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor so you don't have to deal with the musty odor of the basement roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The owners or managers of this hotel was very rude to me and my family. It was if they were lookiing for a reason to put us out upon arrival. The lady insulted my chidren and called them out of their names. I would not advise anyone to pay their money and get treated the way they treated us. If you are a family of Faith, do yourself a favor, trust God to give you better!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The people running the motel are not human. Rats and moldy rooms. They even take head count in the pool they don't believe in a friendly welcome rude n horrible service. First and last stay in that trashy motel and such horrible people running it made it worse. Don't be a fool to there prices they will still make u pay somehow.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
slidell,la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Being staying at seascape inn for 35 years. The place is family run and operated. Always clean, staff is very friendly. located right on the beach very easy to walk just down four steps. and your on the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Every summer for the last 10 years my husband and I have been staying at the Seascape Inn(The name has changed once) while on vacation in Panama City Beach, Fla. For us it's always been a GREAT vacation. You can't find a better rate with a better view of the ocean. Also, it's right on the beach and has extremely easy access to the beach. I do agree that the people who work in the front office aren't always the friendliest bunch but the front office is not connected to the motel. Never once in the 10 years we've been staying at the Seascape have we ever needed to go to the front office except during check in and check out. To people giving this place bad reviews....this is obviously a "Mom and Pop" motel. So, to you people looking for a place to stay right on the beach with great rates...STAY HERE!!!. All the rooms face the ocean. It's a good place for couples and families to stay. The rooms are to me in good condition and have always been clean. I don't care where and what kind of motel I stay in...I never use the comforters on the beds. It's not just this motel..it's all motels. Just because you might pay alot more money for a room doesn't mean it automatically comes with a clean freshly washed comforter on the bed. So, I guess to sum all this up....I give this motel a "two thumbs up". If you've got the money to blow on one of the over priced motels then I say...."Go for it"....But, if you're looking to have a great vacation with a room on the beach and good rates...."Stay Here". I personally like going to the beach for the beach....and this place works well for me. Also, if you need extra towels or anything....Just ask one of the housekeepers...they've always been nice and got whatever we might have needed that they have access to. So, please don't forget to tip your housekeeper....Just leave whatever you can.

Room Tip: If you want a room with direct access to the pool and the beach...then ask for a room on the very bo...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Abita Springs, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed here in August of 2011 and I had no problems with anyone working there .... I had a small room with one Bed /Bathroom. I only paid $55 a night so I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal. The only complaint I can think of is that the room didn't smell very fresh when we first got there.... It wasn't a big deal to me. The location is great, Very convenient to everything.... I like the small Mom and Pop Motels so this place was fine for us.... I am planning on going back in the Future.... I think the People on here complaining probably aren't telling us the whole story .... People are treated rudely and yelled at probably for a reason.... Again , no one at the Motel gave us any attitude or yelled at us .....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

For terrible experience at a motel, stay at the Seascape Inn. I booked a room for three nights for three people. It was terrible from the time I walked in the lobby to check in. The clerk was very impolite, unfriendly and rude as I was given instructions as to where we should park. The room smelled awful, not enough towels, the carpet was dirty , the bed linens did not smell fresh, quite the contrary. From this point, my experience at the Seascape Inn became much, much worse. I went to the front desk and asked for the location of an ice machine. The female, she is anything but a lady, became very rude and belligerent screaming at me saying that she was the owner of this place and began to call me names as I walked outside to avoid a confrontation. She continued to scream at me saying I had curse at her. At this point I called the police and stood outside until they arrived. I attempted to inform them what had happened but she began telling the that I was a liar and she wanted me off of her property immediately and if I refused that she would have me put in jail. All of this was in the presence of the police. She continued to cause a scene by being loud and demanding that the police remove me from her property. The police walked with me to my room , I got my belongings and left after staying only one of the three days planned. I am saying it as straight as I can. The self described owner of the place is crazy, a real nut job. She might go off at any time , like a time bomb, for no reason. Stay away from this place. If you do not heed this warning, you just might end up in jail for no apparent reason of your own other than dealing with a real Crazy WACKO who says she owns the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Seascape Inn? Share your experiences!