“Service a little slow, being off season.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Service a little slow, being off season.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Bob and I notice more, these days, staff who are busier talking with each other or playing on their phones; rather than taking care to the customers they are paid "tipped" by. Out waitress, who greeted & seated us and had asked us "how are you doing today ?" Then came back to the table a few minutes later, and said the same thing. When I say there were only 3 other table in the whole place - I mean it. The food was okay, but too much (a platter full) of it when you really can't take home left-overs. I had the coconut shrimp (didn't care for the chutney for dipping), vegetables and opted for sweet potatoe fries. The fries seemed like they were from frozen (crinkle cut). Bob had the broiled seafood sampler, nice selection and he seemed happy with it. I tried a scallop, and it was over cooked to me. The oysters weren't in their shells and were lost under the other items.

Visited December 2013

Michigan
“Worth the time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Went out tonight with better half, Planned on Pineapple Willies, Heard they were good. Only open on weekends so we headed up the road and found Pompano Joes.Not very busy (WONDER Y 54 degrees and a cold wind). Wife had clipso chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries, she enjoyed it especially the fries they had brown sugar on them.wow.I had the blackened grouper with regular fries. I enjoyed it but would say the sweet potato fries were better. Waiter was friendly and attentive. GIve it ary I think you will like it.

Visited December 2013
Amarillo
“Just another boring beach themed restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

What's up with all these boring, predictable beach themed restaurants? Are they owned by the same chain? Bla food, bla service, same Tiki hut look. From the hostess, who didn't care if we were there or not, to the waitress who cared even less....if that's possible, this is a definite loser. We split an appetizer with Reggae Rolls, Coconut Shrimp and something else. Maybe it was mozerella sticks, hard to remember it was that was boring! All the food was cold and almost tasteless. Expensive menu items to expensive drinks, this place only deserves the vast tourist hordes that come in the summer. Fun view out the front, but the hostess wanted to seat us away from the open streetside windows. Go to Dusty's Oyster Bar instead.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Spend your money somewhere else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We sat out on the patio, which was ok. You could see the sunset. The street traffic is very close. I ordered the fried scallops and I got 6 good size scallops, but they were very chewy. I think maybe they were over-cooked. The person I was with had the seafood nachos. The serving was huge, but had a ton of black beans on it. I would rate this as an ok place, but maybe will try something else next time. The waiter was not very attentive either.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The wait list was 25 minutes on a Tuesday night. Probably because it was off season and they didn't have enough staff to wait the empty tables. We decided to sit at the bar. Pretty good service there. Drinks arrived quickly. We decided to split an entree. Coconut encrusted Mahi with steamed veggies and a side salad. Salad was good; as expected. But the huge piece if Mahi was awesome. It had a chutney on top that was delicious. And the grilled bananas we so sweet I could've eaten more of them. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.

• Visited October 2013