“It was just one thing after another! Not pleased at all.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas to your Saves list
Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6205 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Saint Louis, Missouri
“It was just one thing after another! Not pleased at all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I am a regular Panama City beach tourist. I have been going to Panama City Beach since I was 5, and I have rarely missed a year. I am 26 now, so obviously, PCB is dear to me and I pretty much know what to expect. I have stayed at the Beach Comber, the Flamingo, the Dunes, the Palmetto, and a few others. I honestly have never been more disappointed.
When we first arrived, we were put in condo B3. We walked in and the first thing we did was try to babyproof since we have 18 month old twins. We were finding dead roaches everywhere. Not Palmetto bugs, ROACHES! Then we found a couple live roaches too. I was trying to make the best of it, but the place smelled like mildew, and there were mildew stains on the furniture. I wasn't expecting top accomodations, but this was disgusting. I went in the kitchen to unpack our cooler, still determined to make it work, and that is when I noticed the ants! Ants everywhere, dead and alive! Also, the carpet was so dirty. We had been in the condo all of 15 minutes and the bottoms of my sons' feet were black. We called RA, who we booked through and they were very apologetic and offered to move us to a better room on the 3rd floor with a loft. I was a bit bummed because carrying luggage and two 18 month olds up to the 3rd floor every day in a building w/out an elevator seemed awful, but we had to get out and that was all that was available.
We moved to A12. This was much nicer, much cleaner, but a nit dated, but that isn't that bad. We unpacked, and everything was great, until that everning when ants started coming out on the counter. We had to buy control ant motels to place in the condo and we killed hundred of them. It was horrible. One night, we were watching tv, and the ants just started crawling out of the remote control. There were probably 20 ants in there. It really freaked us out.
Then, without any warning, one day while we were all eating breakfast in our room, we encountered quite the shock when someone slammed a ladder against our balcony and we had 2 construction workers climb up to start ripping down the gutters on the building. We endured 4 or our 7 day stay with construction workers on our balcony, which we would have loved to use otherwise. I couldn't even walk around our room in a nightgown because there were always a couple grown men on the other side of the screen door that had vertical blinds, but they were mostly pulled down.
It was just such a disappointing vacation. I wasn't expecting a super-great room, but I thought this was pretty unacceptable. We made the most of it though. I kinda felt like John Candy in Summer Rental. The staff we dealt with at RA were really great, I wish the rooms were up to par with the people.
The pool area was nice, I will give them that. I wish that were beachfront, then it would have been perfect. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend. There were too many things wrong with this place. It would probably be a lot nicer if the whole building would take care of the ant problem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Goshen, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

We stayed in B-15 ... we were so very impressed!! The property owner is just great and has great attention to detail on most everything. We sat on the balcony and watched the sunset in complete comfort. Actually, since the balcony is mostly uncovered, we enjoyed the sun, the sound of the ocean, and several good books through the week! Our teenaged girls loved the loft with their own TV/DVD and beautiful view and total privacy from their parents! Our master bedroom was VERY comfy. Since we eat in most of the week, we really appreciated the completely stocked kitchen and the bar area was ample for prep and sitting at. TV/DVD/CD in the comfy living area was great as well. And I loved doing the laundry right in my room! The only somewhat not-great thing about the room is the 3 short sets of stairs you have to use ...no elevator.

The pool is located in the center of 3 other buildings ... not beachside. We prefer a beachside pool only because it gets so hot without the constant ocean breeze. But the pool was well-landscaped and very clean. Even though there weren't that many lounge chairs in total, we were always able to locate 4 any time we were there.

Since this is a small family-oriented complex, the beach wasn't crowded and there wasn't any "party noise" at night at all.

Overall, we'll be back to B-15!!!

• Liked — Fully equipped with everything we needed.
  • Disliked — The pool not being beachside.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

When I booked this condo I was nervous because of the price, $89 a night. When we got there we were greeted by the office with a smile and after driving 15 hours it was a welcome sight. Check in was a breeze, we stayed in c15 with a loft and it was clean and welcoming! the furniture was older and the sliding door was hard to close. The carpet needed cleaning but what the heck so does mine!! my family really enjoyed it and the price was perfect!! Very quiet and no obnoxious springbreakers around to ruin a family vacation!

• Liked — price!
  • Disliked — carpet needed cleaning
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

I was a little hesitant at first because most of the reviews were around 3 or 3.5. I give this place a 4.95. I would say this place is great for all comers. Be sure to get a beachfront room; It's only a few bucks more, but well worth watching the sunset from your balcony.
The Good- Clean & Large Rooms- Beachfront Condo has an awesome view- Quiet part of PCB- Close to lots of dining [Treasure Ship, Liza's Kitchen)-Full Kitchen-Plenty of towels, linens & pillows-Working appliances

The Bad- Limited Office Hours [Had to go to hotel next door to check-in]-U-Turn to get into parking lot.

Yes. I took that photo. I will definitely return to this condo.

• Liked — Beachfront view
  • Disliked — u-turn to get into parking lot
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stayed here for our nephew's wedding the week after Labor Day. We wouldn't have picked this place because it's older and cheap, but we wanted to stay with the rest of the extended family and the group rate was so low, we figured we could tough it out for a few nights (we actually stayed at another hotel that cost 4x more for four nights, then moved to Nautical Watch when the rest of the group got to town). Our room was so clean, I never found a speck of anything. The patio door didn't close correctly, but neither did the door at the $200/night place we stayed in before the Watch. I thought we would miss our gulf view terribly, but it really wasn't an issue. We stayed right next to the pool, nice large patio, our 8-year old was in heaven so close to the pool. The beach was right around the corner and it was so gorgeous, I think we may have appreciated it more and spent more time there because we didn't have a gulf view. I can't wait to go back. Check in was great, they let us in our room early, the manager came from a meeting, called us on our cell while we walked on the beach to tell us she was ready to let us in. Fantastic experience.

• Liked — ground floor accessibility, cleanliness, pool access, beach, privacy, parking
  • Disliked — older furnishings, uncomfortable sleeper sofa, doors didn't close properly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Douglasville, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

We booked on VRBO and found a poolside 1 BR Condo for about $120 a night in July. We jumped all over that deal and did not regret it. The condo was in good shape and was pretty clean (could use new carpet). I think it was unit D3? Anyway we didn't even have to check in or out, there is a key box w/ a code by the front door. It had a full kitchen and the pool was actually about 20 steps from our patio. Very nice grounds, well maintained pool, and a perfect place to take your family without breaking the bank. The Ray Family, Douglasville Ga.

• Liked — Location and value
  • Disliked — Carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
chattanooga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

we have just returned from a week at nautical watch, unit b15. this is a 3 bedroom condo right on the beach. the swimming pool is in the back so even the pool doesnt block the wonderful view. shelia knight is the property owner. she has done something that, in my experience, few condo owners do: spent money on the beds and bedding. the beds were pillow top and very comfortable. ths sheets were soft and obviously expensive as well. the whole experience was great.

• Liked — beds and location
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends

Been to Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas? Share your experiences!