“Decent Priced Room and Allowed Pets” 3 of 5 stars

Summer Breeze Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9227 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Decent Priced Room and Allowed Pets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were heading down to Panama City Beach from Birmingham for a long weekend. We weren't wanting to spend a whole lot of money on a hotel and we needed a place that allowed pets. This place met both of our requirements. We had to pay a $50 damage deposit for our 7 month old puppy, which we did receive back upon check out. The front desk staff was nice and so were the housekeepers. We could walk to most attractions in the area, such as Ripley's Believe it or Not Odditorium, Wonderworks, multiple mini golf places, and the beach. We were approx. 6 miles away from Pier Park where all of the main stream shopping is which was nice and there are plenty of places to eat with in that stretch between the hotel and Pier Park. We would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it if you have pets.

Room Tip: If you want a nonsmoking room make sure you mark it on your reservation when booking it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I knew when booking the hotel that I wasn't getting a nice hotel but I had no clue how bad. We booked a non smoking room and was given a smoking because they had nothing else. The bed sheets had stains and burns on them. The floor was dirty and sticky. The boxsprings to the bed were broken. The tub had burn marks and hairs all over it. The fridge had caked up dirt all across the bottom. Their was even hair in the microwave! They were working on a room down stairs and the workers were drinking beer.

• Stayed August 2012
Wartrace, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My friends and I went on senior trip and were looking for something with reasonable prices. My friend and i have parents who clean for a living, so we are clean freaks. I found summer breeze to my surprise, very clean. I thought it would be bad but it wasnt. The sheets were spotless and so was the bathroom. The cleaning people there were very nice and did anything you needed them to. The pool was also very clean. Our stay was very enjoyable. We could walk to the beach which only took maybe 12 minutes. Race city is directly beside the motel, which was a very fun place to hang out. I loved it.

Room Tip: room 219 had very soft beds. room 215 had alot of dresser space.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were attending an event in Panama City Beach and wanted to stay nearby. Using a search engine, we found Summer Breeze Inn Motel listed as one of the least expensive near the beach. We called and confirmed the rate and availabilty and were guaranteed a room upon our arrival. The first thing you will notice is the paint job on the building....it's kind of bright, did I mention yellow? The building is a two story strip motel design with a swimming pool out front in the parking lot. The check in process was seemless and we stayed in room 109. The room had a full kitchen, including full size refrigerator, two double beds, tub/shower and separate bathroom. There were signs of beachfront corrosion on the metal fixtures in the kitchen, but we didn't utilize any of them, so I just assume they all work. The bathroom was extremely clean and the fixtures flowed ample amounts of water to get the job done. The air conditioner worked well and chilled us during the night. Cable TV included a couple of premium movie channels. The walls are not completely soundproof, but we were not bothered by outside noise. There were some signs that you wouldn't want to leave valuables in your car, but remember, this is a tourist area. The office moniters the grounds with a closed circuit television. While the motel is not on the beach, it is under a 1/2 mile walk to the surf following the side street. There is ample shopping, including restaurants, souvineor shops and play parks. One stop shopping for forgotten items at nearby Walmart.

Overall, this is an older facility is overall good condition conveniently located near the beach for a fair price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was one of the cheapest places to stay, and since a couple friends couldn't make the trip, we needed a cheaper place to stay. The room was clean, and there was even a kitchenette. The pool was kept clean and the overall atmosphere of the motel was laid back, which was nice. I don't know if we were put in a smoking room, but the room smelled like cigarettes. It's not too far of a walk to an adventure park, Domino's, Ripley's, Dip'n'Dots, and a few other souvenir shops. The beach is probably a 15 minute walk. The room looked a little run down, but I wasn't expecting anything fancy for $54 a night. The staff was very nice and I am happy to have gotten a deal in Panama City Beach!

Room Tip: Maybe request to have a non smoking room if they have one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dothan, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We decided to head down at the last minute. This motel had vacancy. I was afraid from all the other reviews I read. It wasn't a 5-star hotel, but it served our needs - a bed and a shower. It is in serious need of updating. The appliances were clean but very old. The room was clean and smelled good but just old. The staff were pleasant. It was adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify "smoking or non-smoking" and rooms on left side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Some of the previous reviews seem just plain hateful! When I stayed (Jan-Mar 2012) the rooms had been freshly painted, the staff was courteous (To the people who knew how to act right! Some guests were rude and the staff had to be blunt...sometimes people are jerks!) The hotel isn't new by any stretch of the imagination, but the housekeepers did an excellent job keeping the place clean. I never saw any bugs in my room. For the money I spent, I thought it was totally worth it. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you like to avoid eating out all the time, ask for a room with a kitchenette...I saved so much mo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Summer Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!