“ANY other place is better than this!!!!!!! Beware...” 1 of 5 stars

Summer Breeze Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9227 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
LaGrange, Georgia
“ANY other place is better than this!!!!!!! Beware...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

First off, the photos and video of this motel are enormous lies!!! I booked this motel for a 3 day trip for my nephew and I. The price was in my budget and had the necessities while being only one mile from the beach. First day there, we got a room that was filthy and smelled of cigarette smoke when it was supposed to be a smoke free environment. The front door had no latch so it was difficult to lock, while you could still see light coming from around the sides of it, as well as light coming through the holes in the curtains, as if they had been eaten by moths! Our mattresses looked as if they had been 20 years old or so, stains and everything still there along with cigarette holes and ripped open pillows, and we didn't even feel comfortable sleeping on them after washing the sheets, so we ended up buying sleeping bags to lay on the beds. The water usually had 2 temperatures, hot and hotter, and they provide you with 1 roll of TP in the bathroom. The carpets are filthy, there's roach crap around the circuits on the walls, and decon under the beds. There's only 1 washer and dryer to do laundry with on the top floor, and the refrigerators shut down for 3 hrs every 24 hrs so they don't freeze over, and the only part you get on HBO are previews...and believe it or not, the tv was the only good thing about this room! We never took off our shoes the whole time we were there, and took everything of value with us where ever we went. They try to charge extra for anything else you could possibly need, extra keys, phone service, etc...you name it, that's why it's so cheap! Maid service only vaccumed and changed out our trash once through out our stay, and the night before we checked out, this guy started knocking on doors trying to find the person that was going to sell him some dope!!! Needless to say, we will never be staying there again, and I'd advise you to do the same!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had booked a few days at the Grand cayman (which was also a huge disgusting mistake) but went down a day early and the only thing available was the summer breeze. WE asked for non smoking and the first room we walked in had been smoked in everyday for the last 100 years. so we asked to be moved.they told us that was a non smoking room, so after a little arguing we were told we would have to pay an extra 10 dollars for the kitchen that was in the other non smoking. when we walked in that room it it smelled as if 100 dead fish had been in there. So we asked to be moved again. we ended up in a "non smoking room" that smelled like a bar. but we stayed. we wore our shoes the whole time. When we turned on the water to the shower, at first came out grey(but so did Grand Caymans) and burned our eyes. i did not see any roaches but i do believe they were with us! the location was ok. and they gave us some extra free toiletries when we left. that was nice of them. The manager is a man, so if you must stay here send the woman into take care of issues. That seemed to work best for us. and the axe body spray and hand lotions were given to the kids!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed at this motel during spring break week and I must admit you get what you pay for. This was a my first spring break trip with all of my friends (All females) and i must say we hated our stay. As soon as we walked into our room it looked like it had not been cleaned at all. The carpet had big stains on it that smelled of mildew. The kitchen floor was sticky and the counter top was dirty. The micriiwave was filty, it looked like it had not been cleanedbin months. We opened up the kitchen cabinets to find a sworm of flies and dirty nasty dishes every where. The table was old and broken down with burn marks all over it. The bed head boards were broken and had wood chippings on the bed. The wall near the front entrance of the door had a big fist size hole in it. All night I was scared something would crwal out of it! The bathroom was the most disturbing. It had three patch holes from damages in the walls, the knobs on the sink were so dirty i didnt even want to wash my hands. The toilet handles and knobs on the showers were also filled with dirt and old residue. The bathroom floor was filled with sand and also had a very strong odor inside. The whole entire placed stunk bad and was a complete eye opening experince. YOU GET WHAT YO PAY FOR!!! We complained to the room people and they offered another room for the next day, we took up on the offer because it was booked everywhere else down there at the time. After going to Wal-Mart and buying sheets, covers, lysol, pillow cases, disinfectant wipes, and cleaning suppiles we stayed for that night. The next day we were assinged a room and it was much better but still not worth staying. The list goes on but if your reading this beleive me when I say go some where else. The price speaks for itself!!!! It was dirty!!! We didnt even stay in our room for a long time but when we did it wasn't comfortable!! One word to describe this motel would be DIRTY!!!!! WARNING STAY AT ANOTHER PLACE!!!! ITS NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!! We picked this place because it was cheap but I regreted not spending the extra cash!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Ozark, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

First, the room smelled awful, mixture of pets and cigarettes. the carpets have NEVER been replaced and so it is safe to say, you need to keep your shoes on. The noise in this place was non-stop. All day all night. People just hanging out all night till dawn in the parking lot. For the price, you get what you get. This is a MOTEL, with permanent tenants. I will not stay here again. THe perk, it is close to a lot of restaurants and amusement for children. Beach right down the street. Next time I will just spend the extra $20 to stay at the Days Inn.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Oh, where do I start, we stayed on the bottom floor in what they call their 2 room "suite". The place seemed to be very clean upon arrival. Actually, the first couple of days, I didn't see anything abnormal in my room. After I had already slept in the room for 3 days, I arrived back from a night out and was talking on the phone beside my bed. I felt something hit me on the leg, looked down and it was a COCKROACH! I looked around and saw another! Okay, I was already in a serious panic when I flipped on the bathroom light and saw another one crawling around the tub. Oh my, I get inner chills just remembering this! Never again will I stay here! I would rather pay the $200+ a night and get a nicer place. I was so worried that I was going to bring cockroach eggs home in my bag that I was in a panic for a few months, afraid that they'd hatch and infest my home. This is the first review I've written, but I didn't want anyone to suffer the emotional distress that I did. If I were you, I'D STAY FAR AWAY! Oh, not to mention the teenage/maybe 20 year old(at most) couple that were having relations on the steps in the pool after hours. I think this is more of a Spring Break crowd motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010 via mobile

Loved the service & the rooms were very clean. already planning for next summer!

• Stayed July 2010
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Don't even consider staying here, keep driving down Front Beach Rd., and stay somewhere else! I was scammed out of more than $100 at the Summer Breeze Motel. The staff came off as friendly but became very rude very fast when we questioned them about the discrepancy on our paperwork. Don't let them fool you, these people are not honest! Not to mention the room wasn't worth the money and the motel was too far from the beach.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Summer Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!