“Never Again!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Terrace

You added Fontainebleau Terrace to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Terrace
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   14401 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
indy
“Never Again!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

We checked into the hotel and went to our room. It was filthy and had stains on the bedspread. The bathtub was peeling and the room was a mess. We went to the desk and explained the condition of the room. They gave us another room by this time we were tired and all we wanted was a place to lay our head for the night. We ended up going to target and buying our own sheets because there were dead bugs on the ones in the room. Never again will we stay in this roach motel. Be smart and don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Ok, we booked back in March, only seeing pictures on the net. My wife and I was going to get away for the summer 4 nights, 5 days. Price was descent. Our room was decorated very nicely, room 435. However, no true view of the beach, because the stairs are right there. The clerk allowed us to view several rooms before deciding on 435. Trust me it pays to look. Some rooms were horrible, others ok, some where better. 435. The only thing wrong in the room, no TV remote, God are we addicted or what? Stay out of the pool. Let me repeat STAY OUT OF THE POOL! Algae, on the side of the pools, not clean. Beach area clean. If you are needing a room, its ok.
For kids......the hotel had a blow up large bouncy type of water slide for the kids, Elvis, one night and the famous Karaoke another night. They try.
Any way its true, you have to carry dirty towels to the front desk for new ones, you have to ask for extra toilet paper. Pay and extra $30 cleaning fee, even though you have to wash all dirty dishes, take out the trash, strip the beds. Yep! you heard me. And also leave an extra $100.00 security deposit once you arrived. You get that back if you've cleaned your room. The only good thing is that the cleaning service never comes to your room, until you leave. That part makes you feel like home. It's not my favorite place but if I need a room I would stay again, if it was an emergency.

Roger, July 12th. 2009

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed here in June and it was just great! Room 329 had been decorated so nicely by the owner. There is a great flatscreen tv and precious design. I will ask for that one next time. The price can't be beat and the location is great, not too far away from all the big stuff, but you can still walk to most everything. The beach is perfect!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Powder Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed for 3 days.it isn't a fancy hotel but for the budget minded,it is nice.Beautiful beach view.What I liked about it was each room is decorated different.,very unique.I will definitely go again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here because it was going to be chilly and they were one of the only hotels with an indoor pool. The pool is not very clean and there are not many chairs around it. there is a lack of palm trees and the only pretty landscaping is not where you can see it from the balcony. The bedding was dated and the window coverings ripped and dirty. My bed was suppose to have a bed skirt but it was totally missing and the second bed's bed shirt was ripped. The balaconies are extremely small. We also didn't feel like cooking in the kitchen since it was so gross. Also they have people sign a form stating you will pay a more than $800 fee if you jump in the elevator and it gets stuck. This happened while we were there and the manager was yelling at someone that they had to pay up. I'm assuming there is a camera in the elevator so they can see if someone jumped or if it just got stuck. I wish we would have just reserved one night to see what it was like. There are enough rooms in the area so GO ELSEWHERE! I think some of the good reviews are owners of the units to get people to stay there. You also have to turn in dirty towels before getting new ones and the office closes very early someones.

• Stayed April 2009
bainbridge, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

i was very disappointed. The bathtub leaked, the t.v. in the rm was a 13 inch. there was no maid service that i paid an extra $20.00 for. the rooms are old and dirty. there was mold from the air conditioner. the rooms are nothing like they appear online. trust me don't stay here. maybe for college kids that just want a place to stay while they party, but this hotel is not for families. the pool was extremly hot. the chairs were old and broken down, the plants were dead. there was no decor to make the place look a little prsentable. this was the worse place i have ever stayed in panama city. this springbreak was awful thaks to this place. I would not recommend this place to my dog.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

WOW...I didn't stay here in March of 2006 but actually March 2003. I searched for the Fountaineblue just out of curiousity to see what other people's reviews were like. First of all, I had an absolute BLAST here and agree with the reviewer who said that her Spring Break wouldn't have been the same if she'd stayed somewhere else. Granted, I was a party-holic 20-year-old college student when I stayed here, but I still have fond memories of this place and think it's a worthwhile place to get some fun in the sun and "bang for your buck." In fact, I remember staying with a group of people (about 6 or so in one room) and only paid $200 for the full 5 days. Can't beat that!

The only negative I can remember is that it was far away from the other big-name hotels that large crowds were staying at...Howard Johnson and etc. Loved the large room and kitchen as well as the stocked utensil drawers...all we had to do was pick up some cheap food and cook it ourselves! I remember the bathroom being tiny but then again, we didn't spend much time indoors anyway...

Pool was okay, great beach, pretty good location...all over good pick if you're looking for a relaxed, wallet friendly vacay!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled with friends

Been to Fontainebleau Terrace? Share your experiences!