“Driftwood keeps us comimg back!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15811 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Driftwood keeps us comimg back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We just finished our week trip for the 6th year in a row. We first chose the this hotel because of the price and location, but Driftwood is more than just a place to stay.... it's our second home.
They offer so many things for the kids to do, sand castle contests, pool games, sack race on the beach and much much more. Fresh popcorn is available everyday and evening, movie night on the sun desk every Friday with homemade fudge made by one of the employees.
It is a short walk to Peir Park mall which has many fantastic restaurants, and just a bit pass there is Dustys Oyster bar (family friendly).
They offer a few different room options with large kitchens in some and the cabana rooms are just a foot step to the beach. Oh, @ 1:00 everyday from Memorial Day to Labor day is "Watermelon Time" best darn watermelon one will ever have.... and it's a natural sun block.
If you want a large fancy mega resort then this is NOT the place for you, but if you want somewhere that makes you feel like family, offer very clean rooms with AC that would freeze a polar bear then this is the place. We keep coming back year after year. We have met many nice families there and now we all return at the same time in June... sort of our reunion.

• Stayed June 2013
Driftwoodpcb, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for trusting us with your family’s vacation. I was delighted to read your review, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our resort. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us. Our family considers it a privilege to share the beautiful place where we work and live with our guests. We would be thrilled to welcome you back when your travels bring you this way again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Well, another perfect week long stay around the memorial day holiday in the record books for me and my family...and some good friends too. This was our 6th or 7th time to stay at the Driftwood and each one of our stays has been absolutely awesome. The place is so well maintained and cared for but you hardly ever see or hear anyone working but believe me the staff works very hard because this place is always immaculate and they must try very hard to stay out of the way so the guest can enjoy every moment of their time here. We usually stay in the cabana rooms on the lower level because it's right ON the beach( they are awesome) but this time around we tried a double efficiency room on the second floor overlooking the pool and the beach and we loved it. It's quite a bit bigger w/ a fold out couch and has a full kitchen. The air conditioner would satisfy a polar bear if needed but the temps were very pleasant this trip. My wife, daughter and myself look so forward to this trip every year and sometimes twice a year that we can barely stand waiting for it so when we finally get there it's such a relief just to drive up to the place and know that you're about leave every day life behind for a short while and relax. The place is not fancy or extravagant but there is no need for that anyway, everything you need to enjoy a great beach vacation is here or very near by. If you're reading these reviews to try and make up your mind about staying the Driftwood then keep this in mind....I'm a 46 year old man and I swear when we back out of the parking lot to leave for our trip back home I get a lump in my throat because I absolutely hate to leave this place. My wife's favorite thing to say about me is that if you hear me and I'm not complaining about something, then call an ambulance because something is wrong. I have never found one thing to complain about at the Driftwood Lodge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Driftwoodpcb, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It is an honor that your family has chosen to return year after year for your family vacation. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent family vacation at the Driftwood on Trip Advisor. Your comments thrilled me. We take pride and our employees take pride in the Driftwood. Our family appreciates the opportunity to provide you and your family with a fun, relaxing family vacation. The cabanas are great. I am glad with this visit you got a chance to see how pleasant all of our rooms are. It is our privilege to serve you and hope to continue to be your family’s vacation home in the future.
Alexander City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our second year at the Driftwood and it was wonderful.b bids activities were well planned, watermelon daily was a treat, we had a huge cookout/baby dedication on Memorial Day and invited some of the guests staying at the hotel. The staff is amazing. The rooms are wonderful. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Driftwoodpcb, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent family vacation at the Driftwood. Our family appreciates the opportunity to provide you and your family with a fun, relaxing family vacation. It was so gracious of you to share your family’s celebration with the other guest. They all enjoyed it! It is our privilege to serve you and hope to continue to be your family’s vacation home in the future.
missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

my extended family (11 of us) came down and rented 3 rooms sight unseen. I was a little worried but after the first night I totally enjoyed my stay. Perfect place for kids. I never felt scared. Nice and clean rooms. My family and I will be back next year. The only thing missing was an indoor pool for the kids when the weather was too cold. Otherwise perfect place to stay with your family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tracy S, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your familiy's stay at the Driftwood Lodge. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us. Our family is blessed to live and work in such a beautiful place. We consider it a privilege to share this wonderful beach community with our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Panama City Beach.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been vacationing in PCB every year since I was a little girl! When the place we used to go to (similar to Driftwood) was sold and re-built into a skyscraper I was devastated! I did a lot of searching and nothing seemed to be a small family-owned beach front hotel, tried a few and than I found Driftwood! I could not be more happy! A good size kitchen, a good size bathroom (thank you - this year there were shelves that made it that much more easier) a good size pool and literally steps away from the beach where if you forgot something you literally can turn around and grab it! My kids love the popcorn every night (and feeding it to the birds :)) and the movie night they have each week! Up on a big screen! Everyone is very friendly, including the guests! We just finished up our 4th year at Driftwood and I am already looking at booking for next year! As long as it doesnt turn into a sky scraper me and my family will be coming here for many, many years to come!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tracy S, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time share about your experience. Our family appreciates the opportunity to provide you and your family with a fun, relaxing family vacation. It is our privilege to serve you and hope to continue to be your family’s vacation home in the future.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I took short vacation to P.C. Beach Florida and found the Driftwood Lodge a wonderful place to relax and be near the ocean. The rooms are spacious with a kichenette. You have all the utensils you need to cook and eat. There is a large refrigerator in the room. You can store any food items thast you may want to bring to the room.

The ocean is within short distance to the rooms. There is also a nice warm pool and deck to relax. Everry day the Lodge has some activity for families and guests. There was a movie showing of "Finding Emo" for families and small children one eveing. Fresh popcorn is available during the day and evening. The staff are friendly and courteous. The beds are comfortable but the pilllows are a bit soft for my tastes. You msy want to bring your own pillows. Otherwise, the room is comfortable. If you are looking for a fancy room with amenities then the Driftwood Lodge may not be for you. But if you are looking for relative inexpensive lodging that has an ocean view, swimming pool, close to restaurants, amusement parks, oyster bars, and events on P.C. Beach, then you will have a wonderful time at the Driftwood Lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms facing ocean have a balcony. If you have trouble climbing stairs, then first story rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy S, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about stay at the Driftwood Lodge. We appreciate you trusting us with your precious vacation time. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Old Florida feel. Not a upscale mega but thats what we were looking for. They have entertainment for kids during the day and a Movie by the pool with popcorn and homemade fudge by owner (atleast I think it was the owner it could have been by the manager.) at night sometimes. We stayed in the cabana rooms facing the beach and would go back everytime. They could send a little money on updating rooms but all in all good time. You can use pool next door also they have a hot tub. Staff was Great and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tracy S, Owner at Driftwood Lodge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is our goal to provide our guests with a fun, relaxing family vacation. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family in the future,

The Gilmore Family

Been to Driftwood Lodge? Share your experiences!