“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Dallas, Georgia
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here. They have upgraded the furniture and linens, although I liked having a long dresser for changing the baby and there really wasnt a place to eat meals. The only problems were the elevator was out a few hours but they had someone working on it and when we left there was no hot water. But it was quiet, clean and the staff was nice.
The floors need to be mopped. We like the location and would stay again.

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear BTR Guest,

Thank you for posting a review to our Trip Advisor site. Every review is important to us rather positive or negative. You were very complimentary in your posting, but sounded a little disappointed regarding a few issues, one being the lack of a place to eat meals. We do have plans this winter to install tables or counters with seating in our kitchenettes. When we replaced the older furnishing this last winter, the furniture package we choose did not offer the activity table and chair, but rather a writing desk and oversize upholstered faux vinyl desk chair. We realized that this did not take the place to have an area to eat-in, therefore will try to get this project of the table/chair install completed before next Spring. Regarding the floor. The housekeeper for your room should have mopped your floor daily when she serviced your room. I'm not sure what happened that this was not done, but in the future, please contact the front desk if you need anything to be re-addressed in the area of housekeeping during your stay. I trust that you and your family will return for another fun vacation at The Beach Tower Resort Motel on beautiful Panama City Beach. Thank you again for the review, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I were very happy with our stay at Beach Tower Resort! The location is awesome, the view is perfect & the staff is super friendly. I was especially impressed by the housekeepers. Two young women who take pride in their work and always had a kind word or stopped to talk when I saw them. (Especially the blonde). We always had plenty of towels and other things that were supplied by the hotel. Thanks Girls! The two gentlemen who worked at the desk were also friendly and helpful. Miss Kim (desk clerk) was nice as well. The maintenance staff was always hard at work. We would watch from our balcony each morning as they scrubbed the pool deck and cleaned the pool. There's a beach hut directly behind the hotel where you can rent chairs, water sports equipment, etc.., we enjoyed visiting with them as well. Be sure to talk to Eric or Chase at Easy E's to rent a jet ski, para sail, dolphin tour, whale ride or for a chair to park yourself on the beach for the day! His prices are the best around! I don't think we met one unfriendly person while we were there! Great Vacation! Great Anniversary Celebration! I hope to return soon! Thanks for everything :). Tammy & Tony

BY THE WAY, be sure to visit Pier Park! (Just 3 miles from BTR) We went there three times. Great shopping and food. There's a shop called Paradise Found, ask for Garfield, tell him we (ACE couple) sent you

• Stayed May 2013
Dear "ACE" Couple,

Thank you for the wonderful TripAdvisor review you posted after your stay with us in May. All of the kind words you had to say are very much appreciated. Our staff is always ready to serve our guest and take pride in their positions at The Beach Tower. All are hard working and enjoy their work. It's always nice when their efforts are pointed out by others. Thank you for doing so. I trust that you and your husband will be back again sooner than later. We are continuing to make improvements at the Beach Tower. This winter we plan to put in a few more upgrades to our kitchenettes. We always look forward to our returning guest any time of the year. Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife recently stayed here on the 6th floor! The room was very nice and well kept! The staff was excellent, the business is ran how you should run your business! The pool was clean Maintenance was knowledgable! The guy that worked the late shift was cool to talk to he is a stand up kinda guy! The owner also worked there and they are very friendly! If I stayed there I would send them on vacation and run the spot for them as volunteer work for me all proceeds stay at the resort!! All in all I love it and will be back!

• Stayed April 2013
WOW, Thank you, Thank you for such a wonderful review. I don't know what to say. Your words were very kind and uplifting, No one has ever offered me or my staff to work in our place and send us on vacation. This is a first. If you would ever follow up on that suggestion, I promise you one thing, you would love this line of work. It is very rewarding, hard at times, but the benefits out-weigh those hard times 100 - 1, some benefits being serving our guest to the best of our ability. Thank you for allowing us to do this for your during your stay. Hope to see you very soon, Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner
P.S. (the night desk clerk is my nephew, working for the first time in hospitality. I think he is doing a fine job. I know you would agree)
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was the worst motel I've ever stayed at. There are numerous reasons why I only gave this motel 1 out of 5 stars.

1. The workers were rude, I caught them yelling at residents on more than one occasion. They were personally rude with my party, especially the cleaning and maintenaince crew. Not to mention they were dressed in biker gear! NOT PROFESSIONAL! I've never seen anything like this.
2. There is only one elevater, so be warned if you stay at the Beach Tower you may be waiting a while for your elevator, VERY ANNOYING!
3. Parking was tight and limited.
4. Furniture and bathroom fixtures are outdated and very old. In fact our toilet didn't want to flush half the time, the shower head was extremely too hard, and the fridgerator was missing it's door handle. We also had trouble with our front door, it wouldn't unlock half the time.
5. Room service didn't come but half the time, when we called up to the front desk they were rude and told us that if we wanted clean towls and toilet paper that we would have to bring our dirty towls down and get it ourselves. I have never stayed anywhere that treated their guests with no respect.
6. The pictures on their website are very deceiving!

These are just the tip of the iceberg when it came to our troubles with the beach tower.

I will NEVER stay at the beach tower again! I hope this review persuades others not to stay there also. The people running this hole in the wall motel are making way too much money for crappy service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower Resort Motel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Well, it was no surprise to get this negative review from a young lady who was apparently very spoiled and one who has never been told "no" in her lifetime of 20 years or less. This young lady was upset over being told that she would need to bring her dirty towels down to the laundry room if she needed them before the housekeepers had an opportunity to service her room. As soon as she entered the front lobby, the desk clerk (who was not dressed in biker gear, but dressed for St. Patricks Day) was busy checking out a guest. She wanted immediate attention, so began yelling at the desk clerk only before throwing a roll of toilet paper at her. Long story short, Little Miss Priss, was not being catered to as she apparently is at home. On another note, "old furniture" ? All of our rooms were reneovated this Fall, new furnishings, new carpet. Sorry we could not stand up to your standards. Rude? Our staff is complimented on a daily basis on how nice we are and how we strive for excellance when it comes to accomadating our guest.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently was a guest at The Beach Tower Resort Motel in Panama City Beach, FL. I never stayed here prior to my visit. I found the rooms to be recently re-done, nice bedding, nice furnishings, clean and awesome view from my private balcony facing the Emerald Coast. I will definately re-visit The Beach Tower and look forward to seeing the wonderful staff again. Thanks for an enjoyable stay at your Hotel. JM

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were scheduled to stay for only one night, but found the staff, service, room and the view so pleasant, we stayed for three! Our room had been recently redecorated, was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just returned from another great stay at the Beach Tower. They have upgraded and it is so nice. We have stayed here many times thru the years and never have we had a problem---not once. Every roon has a private balcony with an excellant view of the beach. Great place to just sit and relax and watch the world go by. Even before we checked in Craig, the general manager, took us to show the new rooms and we were so impressed with the improvements. Every member of the staff is very friendly and helpful. We feel like we are staying with family when we are there. The Beach Tower is truly our home away from home while we are in Panama City Beach and we do not want to stay anywhere else. GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT CLEAN ROOMS, GREAT VIEWS AND GREAT PRICE SO WHY WOULD WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to our next visit which we hope will be very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Return Guest,

Thank you for a sincere Trip Advisor review regarding the Beach Tower Resort Motel. We appreciate all our guest, especially ones who return over and over again. Like you said, they become "family" and the Beach Tower becomes a "second home". We always look forward to seeing "family" & "friends" at the Beach Tower. We continue to upgrade and improve our property and guest rooms. We have plans for upgrading the kitchens even more so this Fall. We at The Beach Tower look forward to your return visit. Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner

Been to Beach Tower Resort Motel? Share your experiences!