“Fabulous!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
New York City, New York
“Fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were scheduled to stay for only one night, but found the staff, service, room and the view so pleasant, we stayed for three! Our room had been recently redecorated, was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just returned from another great stay at the Beach Tower. They have upgraded and it is so nice. We have stayed here many times thru the years and never have we had a problem---not once. Every roon has a private balcony with an excellant view of the beach. Great place to just sit and relax and watch the world go by. Even before we checked in Craig, the general manager, took us to show the new rooms and we were so impressed with the improvements. Every member of the staff is very friendly and helpful. We feel like we are staying with family when we are there. The Beach Tower is truly our home away from home while we are in Panama City Beach and we do not want to stay anywhere else. GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT CLEAN ROOMS, GREAT VIEWS AND GREAT PRICE SO WHY WOULD WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to our next visit which we hope will be very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Return Guest,

Thank you for a sincere Trip Advisor review regarding the Beach Tower Resort Motel. We appreciate all our guest, especially ones who return over and over again. Like you said, they become "family" and the Beach Tower becomes a "second home". We always look forward to seeing "family" & "friends" at the Beach Tower. We continue to upgrade and improve our property and guest rooms. We have plans for upgrading the kitchens even more so this Fall. We at The Beach Tower look forward to your return visit. Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Family visit for the holiday and last at the Towers. At Check in we were welcomed with a smile and that is where it ended. View was nice but we asked the man later that evening for just an extra blanket and when we came down, he was not to be found. The next night we asked him again and he used the Lords name in vain as he spoke, " GD -I forgot" and seemed to be to involved in the (TV) game and his drink. Would not advise a family stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear former guest,

I am the owner of the Beach Tower, and apologize to you for the experience you encountered at my establishment. I really don't know what to say, except that i am so sorry that you were treated in a manner that is not acceptable to this establishment. I confronted the employee regarding your experience, and he admitted to acting in this unacceptable behavior, but really had no excuse or reason for doing so. I do not allow any of my employees to curse, especially using the LORD'S name in vain. If and when this occurs, the situation is addressed. I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay and totally understand that you choose not to return to the Beach Tower. However, if you choose to return, i trust that the next experience will be a more satisfactory stay. Thank you for taking time to write your review on the Beach Tower. We take each and every one very seriously. Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I walked in and the guy at the desk just stared at me, no hello, no can i help you, i stated i needed a room and he let out a long sigh... he was very rude. The lady working the next morning was very nice though.

There was hair in our sheets, the room smelled, and bathroom ceiling had mold on it. My little girl was barefoot in the room and within mins. Her feet were black from walking on the carpet.

Good price and location though

• Stayed December 2012
Woodville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

With it being the off season and countless number of choices of places to stay.the staff at Beach Towers impressed me right from the start by going the extra mile to prove they really wanted my bussiness.The rooms are clean,the gulf view is spectacular and the staff stayed in touch to assure our stay was great. Will Be Back,,,
" There are no strangers in the worid,just friends I haven't meet yet "
These folks prove that.. Thank you so much !!!!

Room Tip: Spectacular Gulf View With Every Room !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aiken, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

OK, I would say this is a nice place to visit but....
Well, the good part is that you get a great view of the Gulf of Mexico and the beach access is fantastic. Our room was fine but there is no dining table so hard to have a family dinner even though you have a ktchen. The place is nice and being refurbished. All rooms in the upper floors are under construction. The beds are a bit hard but the pillows soft. I slept very well and woke to the clearest blue sky every morning.
The bad...is that my boy and I almost got squished by a roll of carpet that was dropped over the railing from the 5th floor. Eeeeee! I told the owner about this and he kind not taking it in and failed to appologize, though he seems like a nice fella he needs to treat his guest a lot more like they are important. I mean, one second more and that roll of carpet would have been right on us both...end of trip.
The ugly? Oh...maybe not so bad. So we were there on Thanksgiving day. No restuarants, no rides, not much to do but go to the beach, but no hotel service? At least we should have been told this was the case. Lucky I asked for dry towels and T-paper before the guy took off for the night.
Wouls we come back to this hotel? I would say yes if the rates stay low and we remember to keep looking up.

Room Tip: keep looking up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my first experience with Florida, and it proved to be a most delightful experience! My family and I drove down form Flint, Michigan to see the white sands and crystal clear waters of the Gulf Of Mexico. We had originally planned to travel to Pensacola, but at the last minute decided to go to Panama City Beach instead. We had all heard good things about the area and were advised to seek accommodations at the Beach Tower Resort across from the Salty Dog Surf Shop. The room we were given had a gorgeous view of the beach, and had recently been remodeled to the nines!
The entire staff were beyond accommodating in every aspect. They gave us detailed information on the best places to dine and relax. We were also informed of a car show going on at the vacant lot across the street which was an amazing experience as well.
My children are ages 8 and 13 and had the time of their life playing by the pool and running down the beach chasing the abundant flock of seagulls. My wife and I had ample time to relax in the comfort of their covered porch area and enjoy the view.
We have already booked our room for next year, and will recommend our friends and colleagues do the same.

Two thumbs up!

Thomas Johnson & family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Tower Resort Motel? Share your experiences!