“The good, the bad, and the ugly Part 2” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Tower Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beach Tower Resort Motel
You added Beach Tower Resort Motel to your Saves list
12001 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aiken, SC
“The good, the bad, and the ugly Part 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

OK, I would say this is a nice place to visit but....
Well, the good part is that you get a great view of the Gulf of Mexico and the beach access is fantastic. Our room was fine but there is no dining table so hard to have a family dinner even though you have a ktchen. The place is nice and being refurbished. All rooms in the upper floors are under construction. The beds are a bit hard but the pillows soft. I slept very well and woke to the clearest blue sky every morning.
The bad...is that my boy and I almost got squished by a roll of carpet that was dropped over the railing from the 5th floor. Eeeeee! I told the owner about this and he kind not taking it in and failed to appologize, though he seems like a nice fella he needs to treat his guest a lot more like they are important. I mean, one second more and that roll of carpet would have been right on us both...end of trip.
The ugly? Oh...maybe not so bad. So we were there on Thanksgiving day. No restuarants, no rides, not much to do but go to the beach, but no hotel service? At least we should have been told this was the case. Lucky I asked for dry towels and T-paper before the guy took off for the night.
Wouls we come back to this hotel? I would say yes if the rates stay low and we remember to keep looking up.

Room Tip: keep looking up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my first experience with Florida, and it proved to be a most delightful experience! My family and I drove down form Flint, Michigan to see the white sands and crystal clear waters of the Gulf Of Mexico. We had originally planned to travel to Pensacola, but at the last minute decided to go to Panama City Beach instead. We had all heard good things about the area and were advised to seek accommodations at the Beach Tower Resort across from the Salty Dog Surf Shop. The room we were given had a gorgeous view of the beach, and had recently been remodeled to the nines!
The entire staff were beyond accommodating in every aspect. They gave us detailed information on the best places to dine and relax. We were also informed of a car show going on at the vacant lot across the street which was an amazing experience as well.
My children are ages 8 and 13 and had the time of their life playing by the pool and running down the beach chasing the abundant flock of seagulls. My wife and I had ample time to relax in the comfort of their covered porch area and enjoy the view.
We have already booked our room for next year, and will recommend our friends and colleagues do the same.

Two thumbs up!

Thomas Johnson & family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dothan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was down for the emeral coast cruzin and need a room close to the show. The staff was very helpful. the price and the room was perfect. Service was beyond anything I would have expected. They provided a map and directions to a location I needed to go to on Friday. Will definately be back. Sharon, Craig and the entire staff very courteous, helpful and friendly. Don't miss this jewel in the sand at Panama City Beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I checked in as a walk in without a reservation in late June 2012. I was there for work and needed internet so I asked to confirm what their sign said and was told that they had wireless internet. When I got to my room it was sort of shabby but not the worst place I'd ever been, although the elevator smelled like vomit on the trip up to the room. I immediately tried to get online and failed after many attempts. This was not operator error as my computer worked fine and connected easily at another hotel later that day. I explained my problem to the lady running the front desk and she said she was the only person on property and didn't know how to fix the problem. She reset the router but that was no help. After an hour of attempts and failures to get online I decided to go to a different hotel. Despite having only been in the room for an hour and not having internet access as promised, the clerk told me she could not refund the charge for the room. I was bewildered but figured I would take it up with the manager by phone the next day. He was even more unhelpful and rude on top of it. He tried to blame me and said nobody else had a problem. I said that I knew they weren't a business hotel but should at least provide reliable internet if they advertise it and I specifically asked about it. He claimed they were indeed a business hotel, at which point I asked about the "no beer funnels" sign in the lobby. I get it's a beach party hotel, but do the right thing for a dissatisfied customer. He not only wouldn't refund the charge, but when I challenged the charge through American Express he lied to them during their inquiry and said I wouldn't wait while they fixed the problem. So, shady folks and shabby accommodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower Resort Motel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I apologize for the unpleasant stay this guest experienced in June, 2012. I cannot speak for the previous owner, but would say that this situation would have been handled differently under my watch. I purchased Beach Tower Resort Motel on July 31, 2012. The guest was posting a review from 5 months ago, prior to the property changing hands. I have contacted the guest via e-mail apologing for his dissatisfied stay. I regret the fact that the guest was unhappy, but was also sorry to see that someone would post a response so long after the event occured. The Beach Tower Resort is under new ownership and under a complete room renovation.
We plan to be completed with these renovations by the end of 2012. I trust that anyone who reads the review as well as the response, will also read the reviews posted prior to Nov. 7.
Thank you for considering The Beach Tower Resort Motel for your next vacation destination.
Sharon McLaughlin, owner
Hohenwald
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days at Panama City Beach, then travel on to Pensacola, Destin and end up in Gulf shores. We checked out Beach Tower Motel online and called for availability. During our stay we found Ms. Sharon, Craig and the entire staff to be very courteous, helpful and friendly. The 2 bedroom efficiency (each side with its own bed and TV) clean and well stocked and the gulf-front balcony a great spot for ocean views, golden sunsets and dolphins sightings. All making for a memorable vacation getaway!

Would we stay here again? Let us just say we came for a 2 day stay and stayed for a week. With the high-rise condos all around, don't miss this "diamond glistening in the sand."
Judy B. & Mary G.
2 pleased and tan gals from TN.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 608 and we were on the corner of the motel. We each had a bedroom with the bathroo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Deatsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was out first time to stay at BTR. the entire staff was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable. It had been a while since I had been to PC, but we could not have selected a better place to stay. We enjoyed being close to the beach We will be coming back. I have written these remarks for M McAdams, due to them not having a computer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wetumpka, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our 3rd trip to BTR was great! I took my mom which is in a wheelchair and my uncle that is "special". The entire staff make us feel like family. Even the new owner, Ms. Sharon, called him Uncle Jerry! He loved it! Everyone goes out of their way to make our week there as fun as possible. Even the housekeeping staff are great and we made a wonderful friend, Vicki, that we have kept intouch with since last year. Vicki is so sweet and halarious! The new owners are making alot of great new renovations, like the new flat-screen outside for football! And lets not forget the barbque area. And if it rains, not only do they have an area where the t.v is located to sit and enjoy the sounds, the shops are close by for some shopping. I cant say enough great things about the BTR! Cant wait to see Ms. Sharon, Vicki, Kerry and Kim next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Tower Resort Motel? Share your experiences!