“Not what i expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Sands Inn and Suites

You added Sugar Sands Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Sugar Sands Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20723 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Sugar Sands Motel)   |
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Not what i expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I loved the view . The parking sucks totally . The room was ok not the best. I wish it was bigger for what we spent. We had a good trip though. I think the chairs should come with the room rent for free. Just show proof . Your staying at the hotel. The air conditioner water kept dripping on us when we sat outside

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Old Hickory, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is the 8th (at least) time my wife has visited Sugar Sands, wanting to share her 'hideaway' with her new hubby (me). We were on the top (5th) floor, all rooms with a balcony ocean view, and for those who rarely connect with this Gulf ocean and pure white sand, anything with a bed would've been good, as most of our time was spent at the clean and shaded pool or hot tub, in between the solitude of the ocean's rhythm. The staff are friendly and efficient; the maids patient in awaiting late sleepers; rooms comfortable; beds firm and clean; A/C working hard, but adequate; kitchenette fully supplied with a large refrigerator/freezer and microwave; plenty of clean towels upon request, the view gorgeous with pelicans abound!
Sugar Sands is on the Western end of the PCB area, secluded enough to allow peace and quiet, but a quick drive to plenty of upscale restaurants and shopping for these newly-weds.

Best rates and quiet times are said to be mid-October thru November 1st, so look for us again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
beaufort
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everything was sticky. The room was damp. My feet were BLACK after walking around barefoot for 5 minutes. No hair drier or coffee.
Pros, are the view, and the staff are super friendly. Pool and hot tub. You decide what you're willing to deal with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great stay at Sugar Sands Inn. First night was a little tight but the next day switched to a larger room. We were not in our room that much because we were either pool side or down on the beach. When in the room everything was ok, if we found we needed something all we had to do is ask the front desk and they would get what we needed. A lot of people are quick to give a bad review but one has to wonder did they speak up and ask for something that they needed or did they just keep their mouths shut and not say nothing. I have found in most cases if you ask for what you need most hotels will get you what you need or fix what is wrong. We enjoyed our time so much we even stayed an extra day. We had two full beds a sofa bed and a roll away and three kids sleep in thier sleeping bags. For a large group with a bunch of kids we all had fun.

Thanks, Sugar Sands Inn, for making our summer vacation a blast! Cant wait to be back with you all again.

The Lashley Family
Princeton, Kentucky
Room 414

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love being by the beach & Sugar Sands would be perfect... The pictures are out dated down to the decor, the dishes were very ghetto, our air conditioner was very old... on full blast, all the way on cool it did not beat the summer heat! We were on the second floor standing by the sink looking up there was a nasty brown stain on the celing that looked gross!! I was very disappointed we payed so much, to be uncomfortable in our room for the price we payed. Not to mention the Wi-fi did not pick up, when I complained there only reply was "too many people were on the internet" Really? I tried all hours...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We like the location. On the beach but away from all the partying kids and traffic. The rooms are adequate, but somewhat outdated. Kitchenette and bathroom small but clean. Beds firm but not soft. Nice flat screen, but a little small. Balcony very nice with great beach view. Pool and hot tub were very,very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was in short supply.

• Stayed May 2013
Plant City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

exit signs hanging by wires, balcony railings loose, elevator buttons barely working. I was scalded by the shower, had to bail out and cut my foot. Will not return! Phone did not work right, and cover was off the phone jack. Got $84 off of my 3 night stay which was around $450 bucks. They said nothing was wrong with the water. It did change to boiling on me, I have pictures. I would like to warn others about the hot water. (Watch children and older people.) When I went to tell the clerk about it and get bandaids for my foot, he asked if there was a man in the room, I said yes and he said it was his fault. No joking matter! pictures posted. Bed was clean, so was shower, beautiful view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sugar Sands Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!