“All about the view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Sands Inn and Suites

You added Sugar Sands Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Sugar Sands Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20723 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Sugar Sands Motel)   |
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Ozark, Alabama
“All about the view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff was great but it is a bit rundown. The sleeper sofa was broken and the bathroom fan was loud.all in all we loved being on the beach. No I would not stay here again.The price was not to bad but the floor was dirty and they did not give full maid service. there was water damage to the tiles and the beds sheets had stains and the bed,well we did not sleep well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for Spring Break, since I was under the age of 25 I had to put a 300.00 deposit down. The hotel was good because it was on a quiter side of town, yet a close drive to all of the 'spring break action'. I stayed in the older motel style efficiencies that are across from the actual larger hotel. Could not beat the price of $90.00 a night for it being right across from the beach and the high demand for rooms that week. The room itself was OK. Everything worked just fine, but the fridge was rusty and the walls were warped. It was an old place, but it was clean and worked just fine for a place to sleep and shower at night. I had a pretty decent experience with the hotel until it was time to get my deposit back. The hotel ended up charging me $20.00 for two 'stained towels' that had eyeliner and makeup on them from washing my face and a kitchen towel that I used to clean up spilt orange juice with. Absolutely ridiculous! Unlike many college springbreakers, we were very conscientious with how we treated the room and left it exactly like it was when we first unpacked. It's a shame they had to 'scam' us after all we did to ensure that we would get our entire deposit back. I'm just glad they didn't take MORE of our deposit for other ridiculous things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Cons - No Hair Dryer in room, No ice machine, and spinner in microwave did not turn.

Pros - On the Beach, Clean room, comfortable room, great shower pressure, and plenty of hot water. Full kitchen, with full size fridge. Balcony overlooking the beach. Heated Pool, and great Hot tub, both kept clean. Motel was at the end of the strip so to your West there was NO other Hotels or homes, just a 1/2 mile of beach to wander and enjoy. For the price, very hard to beat

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was dissapointed to learn that the hotel "didn't have record of my pre-paid reservation", after my flight landed, although I had an email confirmation weeks in advance. I had to scramble on a holiday weekend to find a room with an ocen view and comprabible to Sugar Sands price range. I chose Flamingo which is much more centrally located and near Pier Park. I used to be a big fan of Sugar Sands, but I will be staying elsewhere from now on due to the miscommunication.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My father and I have been traveling to Panama City Beach together for years (ever since I was in 7th grade). We used to go to the Sea Witch, but once it shut down we started going to Sugar Sands and have never had any reason to change. Is it the fanciest place in the world? No. Also, to be fair, we always go when there's a cheaper rate, so we usually end up paying 100 dollars per nite as opposed to the 150 that has been mentioned. However, our priority is the beach, and the access is unparalleled. Since it's smaller than the massive resorts, the beaches aren't as insanely crowded, and it's easy to get right down to them. The staff has always been helpful, and the room itself is fine; the kitchenette works great for preparing morning/noon meals. If you want a Hilton experience, then this might not be what you're after, but if you want a nice, clean, dependable, relatively quiet place to relax, Sugar Sands is your place.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our famlies fourth trip to PCB in 8 yrs. and each one has it's own memories. West side in my eye's is the Best side.At Sugar Sands, which is our favorite value, is out of the way and actually with the exception of the Thunder Beach Rally, quite quiet.We've meet some very nice & interesting people there.The Staff were alway's pleasant and helpful in our room need's as well as suggested places to dine or explore, it helps to get to know the locals.Yeah there were some room and building issue's, But we're only there for a week and for the money it was PERFECT! The pool, Sparkling, the beach,alway's clean, surf fishing ,could always be better.WiFi worked fine,All in all, we hated to leave and can't wait to visit again nexted year!

Room Tip: My Wife & I took our 1 1/2 yr. old grandson and of course his mommy and daddy, so we had a Plan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This Hotel was a little older in Decor, but very comfortable, had no issues with the room,Clean, no issues with front desk,Managers were friendly and easy to understand, Parking was a little tight, and the overflow lot was across the street behind another business, but the path was well lit. This property is located at the western end of PCB, It seemed to be fully occupied but the beach was not crowded. we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: I like the 5th floor for the veiw, You had a good veiw from all the rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sugar Sands Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!