“Wake up people” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
17403 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
“Wake up people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

OK, Lets go to this RESORT with all of the amenities and only pay $129 per night. Come on! Yes the web site is misleading, probably the only misleading sight on the web, and yes this place is generally nasty, probably the only one in PC, but if you can read you should notice that they have no age requirements. Any respectable establishment in PC requires a 25 year old be present. They also allow pets. Just because you are a responsible pet owner doesn't mean others are. Dogs go to the bathroom where they are, not in the toilet. If you just have to take your animal to the beach,???, then stay at one of the camper spaces that have GRASS available. Whoops! Probably shouldn't mention grass to a college kid.
This is a place that caters to the young crowd. College kids are drunk and obnoxious, I know because I used to be one. Go to PCbeach and find a nice condo to stay in. It may cost you an extra $100 for the week but at least you can get good accomodations and service. You get what you pay for!

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

My sister had made reservations at the Sandpiper and THEN we read many of the reviews on this site. Needless to say, we were really apprehensive going into our trip, and I was just waiting for something terrible to happen. Nothing did. We did have some problems with the air conditioning, but the maintenance guys were very helpful and we got it taken care of. We had two full beds in our room, and they were pretty uncomfortable; by the 3rd day of the trip, it caught up with me and I was tired all day. It's not a fancy hotel, but they do keep it pretty clean, and we didn't have a problem with the carpet being gross. We had a ball going down the slide in the front pool, and enjoyed floating in the Lazy River. There are lots of little perks you get from staying there, including free drinks on Tuesday for the ladies in the Tiki Bar.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2004

Sandpiper beacon gives you a quality stay for a fair price. We have stayed last 3 years going back this Sept. They always treated us nice and rooms were nice.Alot to do there and couldnt ask for better place to stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2004

I should have read these reviews before I made reservations at the Sandpiper Beacon. I cannnot put any other way - this place is a DUMP!!! The staff were rude and arrogant. Our room must have been used as a smoking lounge the night before. It reeked of stale smoke. I was repulsed at the thought of sleeping there. The carpet was black with grime and the decor must have been pulled out of a dumpster. Needless to say, the first thing I did was rip off the comforter. I took vitamin C supplements to boost my immune system and protect myself from the bacteria. I would suggest that the elderly and those with weakened immune systems not risk their life to stay here.

The ads are definitely misleading. This place truly is a scam. If you value your health and desire to enjoy your vacation, do not stay here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2004

My family had a fantastic time at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort. The extensive negative comments must be about a different resort. We were looking for poor service, dirty carpet, and other shortcomings but found NONE. I am a 44 year old father of 3 and my family thoroughly enjoyed the resort. Since we own a house on Saint Simons Island, it is unusual for us to vacation in other beach towns. My 15 year old son and 17 year old daughter were ready for a beach trip with more action than Saint Simons has to offer. The Sandpiper was perfect for my family. Due to all the extensive activities, my teenage kids and their friends were content staying at the resort. The resort offers a safe place for teens to stay with no worries for parents. The people complaining either stayed at a different resort or must be elderly.

Our 3-day weekend stay was highlighted by the following:
1.An awesome room (333) with a great ocean view and wrap-a-round porch with 3 tables and 8 chairs. The room was very clean and the AC was superior.
2.A cordial staff that promptly responded to several special requests and allowed us to have a late check-out.
3.Several great pools
4.A great beach with an array of fun beach activities for all ages
5.A great Tiki bar with reasonable priced drinks for the whole family
6.A nice restaurant and gift shop

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

I can't even warn you enough NEVER to deal with this place! Not only have we been stiffed over $600, we are unable to anything about it. The security deposit we put down for $1200 was not returned. We finally wrote a letter to the corporate office demanding our money back. The property manager, Patrick Rouge told me several times that our check would be sent to us in the mail. We never recieved the money and when we called back he said he couldn't find the time to look at our records. We contaced our LAWYER, who wrote a letter of complaint. I asked him if he personally if he thought the situation was 'fair' to me and the other members of our party. He said he, "didn't really care." Not only was the financial side of things rediculous... but the website makes the place look like some sort of palace. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!! I am so outraged about the current condition but there is nothing I, nor anyone else who has been screwed in the past can do! (---)

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2004

From the moment I got there I could see there were going to be some problems. I thought this was a family place. All I saw were half naked college kids drinking all the time. But I must say, they did not bother us at all. I had to keep the air conditioning running all night becasue all I could hear until 3 a.m. every night was loud bass music from the tiki bar. The pool area was taken up by kids. Forget getting in the hot tub..The carpet was gross and turned your feet black. My baby kept dropping her pacifier and I practically had to wash it in hot water and soap because I felt I was in a germ trap. The bathroom felt gross and the tub felt like a slime pit. I had to bath my baby in the kitchen sink. The room smelled like a wet dog licked everything from the blankets to the carpets. It stunk! I could hear dogs barking in other rooms. I was afraid to step onto the sand in fear of dog feces. The safe did not work. But the cleaning staff was nice and I liked the Lazy River. What I suggest the management to do is steam clean the place, disinfect it, prohibit pets, pressure wash the patios (I could see dog doo doo stains on it). I was wondering where the pets were using the bathroom and I think it was on the balconies. I cannot see myself staying again. I hope this place gets torn down by high rise builders. You have to clean up your act and have some pride, people!

Been to Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!