“A relaxing stay for a group of tired girlfriends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
17403 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“A relaxing stay for a group of tired girlfriends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Five of us stayed in one of the 2 bedroom condos. When we weren't at the beach or pool, we were on our balcony over looking the water. We liked the location which is close to the airport, a grocery store and pharmacy. The condo was a little beat up, and the sleeper sofa looked so uncomfortable that one of us just slept on the sofa cushions. It was nice to be able to rotate between the beach and various pools and we thought it was worth the daily fee to rent some of the water side cabanas. The cabana attendant was very attentive, stopping by regularly to move the umbrellas if needed. Being able to stock the refrigerator for casual breakfasts and lunches was a plus and we really enjoyed the poolside drink specials. Staff were very friendly. The place, while not elegant, is a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The sandpiper was a very fun, if I may, and enjoyable place to stay. Great room, okay view, the only thing that would have made it a more enjoyable stay is if it was closer to Thomas Drive. Definitely will return to this hotel. Only complaint about my stay, is that I had to clean up. I mean I know it sounds lazy, but I'm on vacation for goodness sake. Why can't the maid clean? Aren't they paid for doing it?

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location, 2 miles from Pier park. Resort has indoor water park, lazy river, couple of pools and water sports. Lot of things to do inside the resort. My room was facing Front Beach road, it was loud and noisy. Room itself is not clean, kind of expected. Room service did not clean the room for one day, she said her key did not work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took my family from England to sandpiper... Had a great time. ..Lots of things to do. .. 3pools. Hot tub... On the beach... Clean rooms... Pet friendly... I would Recommend this hotel to any one with or with out a family... Fun time for all.

• Stayed May 2013
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Sandpiper for the past 6 years for Spring Break in late February and early March. Besides being the best hotel in Panama City Beach, Fl for Spring Break, it is also the favorite amoung families and young adults.

While staying here in February of 2013, they treated me no different than any other time I have visited. Every time I come and stay at the Sandpiper the staff treat me like a king and make me feel welcome.

I have been running large groups to the Sandpiper since I can remember and they always make check in painless and a breeze. If there are every any problems, security and the front desk are always prompt and proffessional while handling it.

The reason why I love the Sandpiper is because every year that I come they continue to make this resort better with improvements. When I was last there they were building wheel chair access for ALL of their pools. I have stayed in a hand full of other hotels in PCB and I believe none have done this so far.

Rooms are great, staff is great, and the Tiki Bar is amazing!

Shot out to all the staff at the Tiki Bar and front desk who always take care of me!

Cheers and see you soon

Room Tip: I have many tips, if you have any questions just message me. I know this hotel inside and out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Huntingdon, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife's family has stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon for many years. However, this was our first family trip in the Condo rooms. We were very pleased with the onsite activities for our family. The staff works very hard to ensure the many pools are clean and safe. Additionally, the daily kid activities are wonderful.
Unfortunately, this is where the favorable review ends. Our Condo was unacceptable. The floors were terribly dirty. We could not walk bare-footed or in white socks without our feet turning black! Our oven didn't work properly and two of four stove-top eyes did not work. Our bathtub wouldn't drain and the tub stopper was broken. This condo is in dire need of maintenance and very detailed cleaning.
To make things worse, our car was vandalized while parked directly under a security camera. We reported the incident to "Steve" who said he must contact the owner of the Condo buildings. I later spoke with "John", the owner of Seachase. John had no idea of the incident.

We will not return to the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort's Condo's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ossian, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

While starting to show some of it's age, this hotel is still one of the great values in the Panama City Beach area. We were there for 7 nights, in a beach front 2nd floor room with a balcony, mini fridg, microwave, at a rate of just over $100 per night. In searching online, we found this to be most reasonable for this time of year. They really cater to families, as they offer FREE onsight mini-golf, shuffleboard, volleyball, hammocks, 3 pools, water slide, lazy river, movies, and a calander filled with additional activities. With an on-site general store (with great ice cream), gift shop, beach side snack ship (serving all day), a large nightclub and bar, you really don't have to leave the area. However, if wanting to venture out, you are only a mile from the city pier, upscale shopping, and restaurants. For and additoinal charge you can also: rent your own beach chairs and umbrella, jet ski, Hobie Cat sailboats, and pairasail right here. Rooms were clean,the facility is well maintained, and the staff is friendly. Rooms are also available with full kitchens. We would not hesitate to stay again at this motel if ever in the Panama City Beach Area.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are gulf view, so make sure to ask for one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!