“Spring Break with 11 bros” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
17403 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
New Yor
“Spring Break with 11 bros”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Sandpiper is the place to be. I say that with sincerity. If you're going on Spring Break, you will have a great time. Nice pool, great hot tub, pretty nice tiki bar (gets poppin at night), amazing white sand beach, and decent service. Yes, the security is strict, because they don't want non-guests to be on their property. Yes, they do care about underage drinking, but I'm sure you will be fine. However, the maids clean VERY well, the rooms are VERY decent for the price, and the whole experience is totally worth it. We had to pay $50 extra (before tax) for our 11th person, but we split that up between the 11 of us, so it was completely fine. Enjoy your time at the Sandpiper because I guarantee you will NOT regret it! (P.S. - it is a bit far from the "main" clubs so you'll have to take a taxi ($5 a person stop complaining))

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the beach of the pool. We had a 3rd floor room with a balcony overlooking...

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was very unsatisfied with my stay at this resort. When the reservations were made, our party was promised a room with two double beds, a pull out sleeper sofa, and a full kitchen. Upon our arrival we had come to find our room contained one king bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. The room was very clean, but the kitchen was tiny: there was a full refrigerator, but zero space to do any cooking. If you plan to take a shower, I would wake up at sunrise or wait until the very late afternoon to have any chance of hot water.
The staff is a story in itself. The security was absolutely ridiculous. My friend and I wanted to have our two boyfriends, who were staying across the street, over because our room was directly on the beach; but were told we would have to pay $50 per guest, per day for the privilege. Every time we left our rooms we were interrogated about where we were going, and asked to show our wristbands. Oh, and by the way, if you loose a wristband you are also charged an extra $50 per wristband, per day for a piece of plastic.
It was a challenge to get any clean towels or sheets, not to mention toilet paper. Forget about a DO NOT DISTURB sign, as we were awoken at 8:45 by the cleaning staff who refused to go away and come back later. And that was the only time we saw the cleaning staff the entire week we stayed.
However,your guest can join you in the tiki bar free of charge, before 10:00 p.m. The tiki bar was probably the best part about the entire resort. It was a lot of fun, lots of dancing and good music. But you can not bring amy outside drinks into the bar and I paid at least $4 per drink.
Don't stay at this resort, unless you like being pestered all day long, sleep in a tiny room, and have cold showers.

Lake Geneva, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't even know where to start.... Maybe I'll start with the horrible service we got by manager Steve. We booked a 3 bedroom suite that holds up to 10...or so we thought, we had planned on bringing at least 8 maybe 9 people. A lady told us we can just call to add another person it would be a one time fee of 50 dollars. We called the night before and found out our room only holds 8 and we would get charged 50 dollars per day for our extra person. We thought that was a tad ridiculous considering we already spend over $3000 for 6 nights. We tried to cancel but then found out we would have not none of our money back. We waited about 2 hours for check in, which wasn't guaranteed until 8 pm. Got into our room and locked the door with the chain, one friend didn't notice the chair was locking the door, so he pulled the door open and the lock and chain came right off...super safe. Our room was very loud and with a suite that holds up to 10 you would think have more than one toilet. I understand this was spring break week but still, this place was terrible and I wouldn't suggest this to anybody, not even spring breakers.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was the worst, never again. They need to clean that place up. Employees are the rudest. Steve Scott manager needs to find a new job. Please don make the same mistake we did. There are to many greats places to stay

Room Tip: Stay away please.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I used to sort of live here. I was working in the Pan Handle and stayed here. Later on I would bring my G/F down for he weekend. What a cast of characters that worked here back in the day. The towels felt like sandpaper, the rooms where....not all that and the restaurant was slow at best at breakfast but I must say if you want to have a good time and not go broke for it this is the place. Great memories here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida. The rooms were recently renovated and clean and the property was well kept. However, the amenities in the rooms were terrible, no hand towels, no glasses not even plastic cups, no Kleenex, no alarm clock, no hair dryer, no coffee (but we had a coffee maker) absolutely no amenities in the bathroom except soap. When asked about the amenities or lack thereof we were told it was the resort policy not to furnish these items. When we asked to borrow a hair dryer we were charged a deposit as if we were "would be thieves" even though they had my card card information. There was no place to eat on the property even though they advertised a deli that served breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is NOT a four start resort as advertised and we would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was so impressed with this place. with my kids (4 and 6) and early feburary i needed heated pools. The staff was so extra nice , the rooms were very clean and nice and had everything we needed . They had so many activities for adults and children, playground, tiki bar and its a huge resort. One of my favorite things were the Snowbirds. they were so much fun and nice. The pools outside and in were more like hot tubs not just luke warm. The hot tub was like a water heater lol. I will go every year we have found our new favorite place in panama city.

Room Tip: I would not really pay extra for beach front view or partial beach view because your so close to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!