Since it was January we wanted a hotel on the beach with an indoor heated pool. The water temp in the pool and lazy river was delightfully warm in the mid to upper 80's but the "indoor" was actually tent like walls so the air was shiver cold when you got out and ran to your room.
When we pulled up to the hotel we thought it was old, but requested a newly renovated room and it was beautiful with new carpets and furnishings, flat screen TV, granite sink counter, new mini/fridge/freezer and mircowave and on the first floor so we could walk right out to the beach. The shower head and water pressure was unusually good for a hotel, most places we go to dribble like a 90 year old man with prostate problems. However, there is a coffee pot but no in room coffee is provided, just free coffee in the mornings in the lobby. Ice costs twenty five cents, and only soap and towels are provided in the bathroom, no shampoo or conditioner. We had to put a towel behind the headboard to keep it from banging the wall if you just rolled over.
Keep in mind this is a family hotel...and teenagers stay up late and whoop it up at midnight while little kids are very excited shouting in excitement when they go out to the beach early in the morning. Maybe if we were on an upper floor, sleeping have been easier. We will ask for it when we go back...and we will, because the good outweighs the bad and the winter "off season" pricing is so reasonable.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront hotel/resort catering to families with children of all ages and offering a FUN beach vacation experience that is difficult to find in other Panama City Beach accommodations. With a wide variety of amenities, activities, and on-site conveniences, most guests never even have to leave the resort! ... more less