“Great place to stay for families!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
You added Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort to your Saves list
17403 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Pikeville, Kentucky
“Great place to stay for families!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We've stayed here four summers in a row.. and each year it gets better. There are many activities for kids, and families. The beach area is clean, there are chairs/umbrellas to rent, and lots of events (most are free) for families.. such as movie night on the beach, polynesian dance, games, family friendly karaoke, xbox games on the big screen, scavenger hunt, face painting, etc. The beach side cafe has great food, fresh and hot. The rooms aren't the Bellagio, but they're clean and sufficient... You have to consider the turnaround.. these rooms stay booked spring to fall... The management can't control guests wearing sandy dirty shoes into the rooms.. so it would be impossible to maintain clean carpet.. but considering it's at the beach, it was more than adequate for us. The bedding was clean, a/c worked perfectly, sufficient utensils for kitchen (except you will need to provide your own dish liquid). The staff we encountered was super friendly. Activites director was very involved and interactive with the participants.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are awesome.. rooms on the west end are closest to gift shop and market as well as...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life! Almost everything that could go wring did! Where do I start? We stayed for 3 nights. From the time we came in the door, the bathroom smelled like urine, the carpet is old and moldy. As a matter of fact the whole property is old and moldy. Mg sheets had small blood stains. It had a mini kitchen with no start up supplies. 1 roll of toilet paper. No paper towels. I went to the office and asked for some paper towels he gave me one that looked leftover from his coffee and said it was all he had. The walls are paper thin and someone above us sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling the entire time while jumping up and down . I complained to the front desk They sent someone to tell me they needed to hear it for themselves first before they talked to the neighbors. My son slept on the pull out couch which felt like he was sleeping directly in the springs. The ac was loud the entire time and trying to sleep through ALL THE NOISES was impossible. I went to dollar tree and bought some earplugs. Did I mention the ac was blowing out moldy smells that triggered my allergies? Like I said I would rather pick out my own eyeballs than stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Don't be fooled by the pics! We had 5 nights booked and before the first night was over I asked for a refund for the next 4 nights. Our air didn't work and the ceiling fan was shaking and squeaking so bad I thought it was gonna fall. They did offer to move us to another room but from the time we checked in we knew we was at the wrong place for our family. Our 3 kids didn't even want to stay! We spent the remaining 4 nights of our vacation at the Palazzo and loved it! Please pay attention to the reviews on this website and don't be fooled like we were!

• Stayed July 2012
Schriever, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Great place for kids. My 7 year old stepdaughter said she likes it better than disneyworld. Lots to do without ever leaving the resort. Inflatable waterslides, face painting, beach games, pools, yellow twist slide, indoor pools, lazy river. Pools are small, so you can't really swim without bumping into someone. Indoor pool was freezing. If they can heat the lazy river, why can't they heat the indoor pool? Not enough floats for the lazy river and it is small and narrow. Tiki bar always has activities going on. No wild partying as I saw mainly families. They did have some wild teenagers the first night of our stay. That kept us up most of the night with their carrying on and making noise. Rooms are very basic. But you are paying for the amenities and not the rooms. But you think for 2600 a week, they would at least supply shampoo, soap, and dish washing soap. Rooms are very clean but very tiny. Very tiny kitchens. Also no irons or hair dryers in room. Workers were all nice and friendly. Don't care for the location on the strip. All the main activities such as go carts, good restaraunts and the nightlife is a good 40 min drive in traffic

• Stayed July 2012
Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband & I have spent many winters at the Sandpiper as we are snowbirds. We love the friendly atmosphere, staff and people we have met over the years. The hotel is family owned and they are constantly upgrading and improving. It is clean has everything required for a comfortable stay. The indoor heated pool, hot tub, tiki bar, mini put, are great. The outside pool is also kept heated all season. There is a store, gift shop, restaurant on the premises. They can not do enough for you and we are looking forward to our stay again this season

Room Tip: All types of rooms available from motel,1, 2, & 3 Bedroom to condos & villas, beachside and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Sandpipper is the best placce to go theres free activities pool hot tubs and a lazy river its great for kids and adults its the pest place to go i hope u consider going there.

Ps.u should go :)

Room Tip: the best rooms are the beach front
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I didn't notice right away that I was charged for 5 days, $139 per day + $20 per day pet charge, even though I had made the reservation for only 4 days. Told them my wife had to be back in Orlando Friday morning for an important Dr. checkup. When I went back to front desk was shown on bill where it says "minimum stay" preprinted on the bill with a 5 hand written next to it. Then pointed out on bill the preprinted "NO REFUNDS ON ROOM CHARGES". I had also asked for a safe key. Was told there was a $10 (cash only) + 1$ a day charge. Didn't know about the $10 cash thing but whatever. The clerk then deducted the $10 from the total bill and never gave me a safe key. I assumed that the key would be in the room, it was not. When I went back to the desk to get the key they could not figure out what/why he had done, so they did just give me a safe key. I had also asked when I made the reservation for a lower level room due to my wifes health issues, recent hip replacement & eye surgeries. We were put in a 4th floor room as far away from everything in the resort as you could be, and only 1 handicapped parking space on that end of the resort. It was manageable but made things diffcult. Not what you want on a vacation.
The kids had a great time in the pools & on the beach. The room we had was clean & decent size. I liked having the fridge & table in the room, the wife & kids could have coffee & cereal in the morning without me having to get up to go somewhere for breakfast. I preferred to just sleep in one of the beachside hammocks. My wife enjoyed the heated indoor pool although it was too far away from our room for her to walk so she only went a couple of times. She really liked the jacuzzi. The Tiki Bar was great place to just kick back. The Polynesian hula/fire dance show was great, very entertaining and they really tried to get whole audience to participate. The beachside deli was ok, but the staff was rude. Working proclaimed loudly that they "do not pay me enough for this [--] job". Food was bad, but was a bit pricey. $4 for a hot dog was the cheapest thing they had.
The resort itself would have been a nice stay if I didn't feel like I've been robbed of $159.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!