“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The view is great, the beds not the greatest and to much outside light comes in to make room dark enough for sleeping. But the woman that works days at the front desk made the stay worth it. I am sorry I cannot remember her name. The location is really good, close to the Pier park, a great evening walk. Love the underground parking, just be there early to get it. I would and will stay again someday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last minute weekend trip to PCB. Upon arrival, Ricc M. was so nice and friendly, he even gave us a premium room since it was my first time to PCB. The room was so spacious, clean and had the best view of the beach. We had a full kitchen with dishes and cooking utensils (King, non-smoking room, 10th floor). Each room has a private balcony. The hotel had continental breakfast from 7-9 AM which consisted of coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, yogurt, apples, and Belgian waffles. Though, it can get crowded, it beats having to pay $15-$20 elsewhere. The beach was beautiful and clean. If you are driving, pack your own beach chairs, there is an outside company that charges $40 to rent their chairs from 9-5 PM. Pier Park is about a quarter of a mile from the hotel. Each day, my husband and I walked along the beach to get there. It was good exercise plus we saw the sunset and dolphins swimming in the ocean. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Premium rooms have beach view from kitchen and bedroom; therefore, double the balcony space.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came and stayed 4 nights at Legacy and LOVED it! I could find no reason to complain. Everything was clean and well taken care of, the staff were all very nice, the price was very reasonable for being ocean front and such a great location. I would recommend this to any of my family/friends and we will definitely be coming back and staying here again! Thank you Legacy for making my and my husband's trip so wonderful!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am not picky about a hotel except when I go to the beach I want it oceanfront and clean. This one met both very well. I will list my pros and cons and hopefully I can help you make up your mind. I am a part time at home travel agent and would not be afraid to put a customer in this hotel if it meets their criteria.

CONS: My biggest con of all was the house keeping time schedule. The house keeper did not work the guest staying first in the event you wanted to rest in your room. I was on the beach from 7 am - 3 pm on my first full day. As of 3:15 pm the house keeper had only cleaned about 6 rooms on the floor. When I approached her she said she would get to it but she had been busy. I signed a form and got new towels. Then next day it was at 3 pm again when I returned to the room and she was just leaving the room. On the beach at the hotel it was the talk of all the guest as it was the only hotel we have ever seen which makes guest wait to have service in their room. Since everyone was discussing it on the beach we knew it was not just our floor. Also if you were very picky about a room you would find things to point out. Like a crack in the ceiling, dents on the balcony railing, chipping paint or rust above the door on the balcony. I did not rate the hotel on these as they did not effect me at all but be aware of your habits and if that bothers you then you may want to look elsewhere. This is a older hotel so you will see some items that need some TLC but it did not effect my stay. Another con was the chair rental company that Legacy uses. It is a third party and does not effect my rating on the hotel but be aware if you look for chair rental companies for this beach online you will find many which service the hotels and are much cheaper. The company rents 2 lounge chairs with cushions and a large umbrella setup at 9 am and removed at 5 pm by an assistant for $40 the first day and $35 each additional day if you book them upfront on your first day. If you rent one day and then decide to rent the second day but did not pay on day one it is like a new first day. A lot of the other Panama City Chair companies will allow you a cheaper rate and you to pay online. I hope Legacy will consider a new one when the contract is up. Also parking is tight and limited but more beach front hotels have this problem at many beaches.

PROS: My con list is only three main items and they did not play into my ratings much but I want each of you to be aware of what is available. My PROS are many. Start with the check in process I had just traveled 8.5 hours and was tired but I was greeted with the largest smile and hello from Cindy at the front desk. She was friendly, excited and very helpful. She told me what was good to do and give directions when needed since it was my first trip to this beach. She even apologized in advance for the limited parking but let me know where was good to park if the lot was full. Check in was smooth and FAST. When entering the room first thing I saw was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Remember this is one of my number one requirements. No bugs, no dirt or sand and even smelled clean. Comfortable and great view of the ocean. Great location being ocean front but central location to all locations on the beach including Pier Park. The breakfast was small but a good variety for being small. The fresh waffles were very good and feeling but had items like cereal, bagels, apples, small muffins, yogurt, coffee, juice and milk. The staff handling the breakfast was AWESOME and very friendly. Being that early in the morning they were cheery and happy. The security and maintenance team was friendly and also willing to say hello. Elevators were usually really quick to arrive and get you where you were going. Also did I saw the view was awesome, great location and CLEAN. Finally the price was perfect for what we received.

Great Job to this team and I will be back again and again.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We rented a room (PCB, known as the "Redneck Riviera") at Legacy By The Sea in Panama City Beach on August 16th & 17th, 2013. The front desk attendant was very sweet and exceedingly helpful.

Our room was nice and the balcony in our room offered a fantastic view of the ocean. There was a nice kitchenette with a refrigerator. We brought bagels, tea etc. because there's just nothing like having breakfast or afternoon tea on a balcony overlooking the white sand beach with waves crashing onto the beach. A continental breakfast was also available. The room was fairly clean but did seem to have a problem with roaches and we killed two or three of them. Parking was a bit of a problem, mainly because there's not enough spaces. There was additional parking available across the street, which is not ideal since you have to cross a very busy street.

Our biggest complaint was the internet availability. No problem connecting but the cost was outrageous! You connect to an outside internet provider which charges PER EACH 24 HOURS, PER COMPUTER, NOT PER ROOM! This is a money-grabbing opportunity for somebody because in 2013 what family does not carry more than one computer! So, for us with two laptops it was over $20 for 24 HOURS of internet. Outrageous and totally unacceptable! Above all, the internet issue will prevent us from staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just returned from a fall getaway at Legacy by the Sea and it was wonderful. The location is fantastic. Being on the water and close to Pier Park was wonderful. The staff was excellent. Our housekeeper took great care of us and the front desk staff was helpful as well. The rooms could use some updating and the they could also stand to buy a couple of more waffle irons, as that was the most popular breakfast item, but for the price we paid it was a great vacation.
They do provide baking sheets, storage containers, utensils, a pitcher, etc., for use with the kitchenette. The continental breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub have lift chairs for those with physical limitations. It was just an overall wonderful experience and I hope to be able to return to this hotel for any future trips planned for Panama City Beach.

Naples, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in first visit to Panama City Beach. The hotel is all rooms with kitchenettes and all face the fabulous beach with a balcony. Rooms are nice and spacious and clean which is a bit unique for a beach resort hotel.

The beaches outside the hotel are fantastic with white, powdery sand and the usual amenities of the beach with umbrellas, chairs, rental kayaks and so forth.

The two major complaints are the parking is just not adequate for the facility. There are a number of spots at the entrance and more at the street level but then you have to park across the street behind a strip mall if you can't find one at the hotel. The other problem was the in-wall A/C unit in the bedroom just ran continuously unless you shut it off. The thermostat control would not shut it down when you reached the temp desired.

All in all on a future trip, I might try the larger hotels down the street.

Phil Brougham

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!