“Great value in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Legacy by the Sea to your Saves list
Legacy by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great value in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am not picky about a hotel except when I go to the beach I want it oceanfront and clean. This one met both very well. I will list my pros and cons and hopefully I can help you make up your mind. I am a part time at home travel agent and would not be afraid to put a customer in this hotel if it meets their criteria.

CONS: My biggest con of all was the house keeping time schedule. The house keeper did not work the guest staying first in the event you wanted to rest in your room. I was on the beach from 7 am - 3 pm on my first full day. As of 3:15 pm the house keeper had only cleaned about 6 rooms on the floor. When I approached her she said she would get to it but she had been busy. I signed a form and got new towels. Then next day it was at 3 pm again when I returned to the room and she was just leaving the room. On the beach at the hotel it was the talk of all the guest as it was the only hotel we have ever seen which makes guest wait to have service in their room. Since everyone was discussing it on the beach we knew it was not just our floor. Also if you were very picky about a room you would find things to point out. Like a crack in the ceiling, dents on the balcony railing, chipping paint or rust above the door on the balcony. I did not rate the hotel on these as they did not effect me at all but be aware of your habits and if that bothers you then you may want to look elsewhere. This is a older hotel so you will see some items that need some TLC but it did not effect my stay. Another con was the chair rental company that Legacy uses. It is a third party and does not effect my rating on the hotel but be aware if you look for chair rental companies for this beach online you will find many which service the hotels and are much cheaper. The company rents 2 lounge chairs with cushions and a large umbrella setup at 9 am and removed at 5 pm by an assistant for $40 the first day and $35 each additional day if you book them upfront on your first day. If you rent one day and then decide to rent the second day but did not pay on day one it is like a new first day. A lot of the other Panama City Chair companies will allow you a cheaper rate and you to pay online. I hope Legacy will consider a new one when the contract is up. Also parking is tight and limited but more beach front hotels have this problem at many beaches.

PROS: My con list is only three main items and they did not play into my ratings much but I want each of you to be aware of what is available. My PROS are many. Start with the check in process I had just traveled 8.5 hours and was tired but I was greeted with the largest smile and hello from Cindy at the front desk. She was friendly, excited and very helpful. She told me what was good to do and give directions when needed since it was my first trip to this beach. She even apologized in advance for the limited parking but let me know where was good to park if the lot was full. Check in was smooth and FAST. When entering the room first thing I saw was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Remember this is one of my number one requirements. No bugs, no dirt or sand and even smelled clean. Comfortable and great view of the ocean. Great location being ocean front but central location to all locations on the beach including Pier Park. The breakfast was small but a good variety for being small. The fresh waffles were very good and feeling but had items like cereal, bagels, apples, small muffins, yogurt, coffee, juice and milk. The staff handling the breakfast was AWESOME and very friendly. Being that early in the morning they were cheery and happy. The security and maintenance team was friendly and also willing to say hello. Elevators were usually really quick to arrive and get you where you were going. Also did I saw the view was awesome, great location and CLEAN. Finally the price was perfect for what we received.

Great Job to this team and I will be back again and again.

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We rented a room (PCB, known as the "Redneck Riviera") at Legacy By The Sea in Panama City Beach on August 16th & 17th, 2013. The front desk attendant was very sweet and exceedingly helpful.

Our room was nice and the balcony in our room offered a fantastic view of the ocean. There was a nice kitchenette with a refrigerator. We brought bagels, tea etc. because there's just nothing like having breakfast or afternoon tea on a balcony overlooking the white sand beach with waves crashing onto the beach. A continental breakfast was also available. The room was fairly clean but did seem to have a problem with roaches and we killed two or three of them. Parking was a bit of a problem, mainly because there's not enough spaces. There was additional parking available across the street, which is not ideal since you have to cross a very busy street.

Our biggest complaint was the internet availability. No problem connecting but the cost was outrageous! You connect to an outside internet provider which charges PER EACH 24 HOURS, PER COMPUTER, NOT PER ROOM! This is a money-grabbing opportunity for somebody because in 2013 what family does not carry more than one computer! So, for us with two laptops it was over $20 for 24 HOURS of internet. Outrageous and totally unacceptable! Above all, the internet issue will prevent us from staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just returned from a fall getaway at Legacy by the Sea and it was wonderful. The location is fantastic. Being on the water and close to Pier Park was wonderful. The staff was excellent. Our housekeeper took great care of us and the front desk staff was helpful as well. The rooms could use some updating and the they could also stand to buy a couple of more waffle irons, as that was the most popular breakfast item, but for the price we paid it was a great vacation.
They do provide baking sheets, storage containers, utensils, a pitcher, etc., for use with the kitchenette. The continental breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub have lift chairs for those with physical limitations. It was just an overall wonderful experience and I hope to be able to return to this hotel for any future trips planned for Panama City Beach.

Naples, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in first visit to Panama City Beach. The hotel is all rooms with kitchenettes and all face the fabulous beach with a balcony. Rooms are nice and spacious and clean which is a bit unique for a beach resort hotel.

The beaches outside the hotel are fantastic with white, powdery sand and the usual amenities of the beach with umbrellas, chairs, rental kayaks and so forth.

The two major complaints are the parking is just not adequate for the facility. There are a number of spots at the entrance and more at the street level but then you have to park across the street behind a strip mall if you can't find one at the hotel. The other problem was the in-wall A/C unit in the bedroom just ran continuously unless you shut it off. The thermostat control would not shut it down when you reached the temp desired.

All in all on a future trip, I might try the larger hotels down the street.

Phil Brougham

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

our trip was wonderful, excellent and helpful staff! very clean! lost my tablet, was worried sick and called them about 30 times and each time they were sweet and courteous, they never got aggravated with me. I did find my tablet after all and just want to thank y'all. will be staying again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed here before and were glad to return again. Everything about ths place is outstanding...EXCEPT the parking (I'll talk about that in a moment). The staff is friendly and helpful. Even the maintenance workers we crossed paths with during our stay were friendly. The room was extremely clean, and kept that way by the cleaning staff. This is not a 5-star hotel, nor does it claim to be, but I believe it rates higher than it claims. Location is great, very close to Pier Park and several other attractions. Overall, I highly recommend this place as a great place to stay.

Now...for the ONLY negative comment...the parking situation can be a problem. Most of the time, we've had no problem with parking. However, during this stay, we had to search for parking elsewhere. We eventually found parking at the adjacent properties. The extra parking lot is behind a convenience store across the street. I would not leave my car there! The lot felt very unsafe...not a place you want to leave your car (and all it's travel contents) on vacation. Unfortunately, the parking situation may cause me to stay elsewhere next time. :(

Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I stayed for a week in August 2013. First impression was exactly as I saw it online. The rooms were very neat and clean. It was awesome to have kitchen facilities to use instead of eating out all the time. This was our first time to visit Panama City Beach Florida. I searched out tons of other placees and kept coming back to this one. Price was great for what you got and right on the beach. Can't beat that anywhere. We will definately return and stay here again. Staff was very helpful. We loved the area as far as shopping and eating. Walmart was very close which was great. Nothing super fancy but it met our needs. Could expand breakfast to wider variety of things. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting great price, right on the water and full kitchen imminities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!