“Not the hotel you want to stay at.” 2 of 5 stars

Legacy by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Woodhaven, Michigan, United States
“Not the hotel you want to stay at.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were very excited and then once we arrived, it all changed. The lobby is nice and then when you get to your room, horrible. The hotel is very outdated. Our couch was so disgusting that we could not sit on it. We had to get sheets to cover it up. THe kitchen and bathroom were just ok. The beds were small, with old bedding and everything smelled. Way over priced. The hotel had no maintance guys cleaning the pool daily or wiping down the glass doors. The staff was nice when we checked in and then we expereinced rude people or that we were bothering them. The front desk never answers the phone. We tipped our maid 10 bucks, she did not even wipe down the bathroom counter. We picked up all our stuff and still nothing. We are really unsure what she did the two times she was in our room. The resturant next store which they partner with, is extremely expenisve. 9 dollars for a beach drink. It cost me 70 bucks just for lunch of a family of 4, salads and stuff. nothing fancy. The best part of the hotel is the beach, that is it. The pool and hot tube look they were never cleaned, it was really gross. My family and I were so disappointted in this hotel and the entire experience. If we would leave, we would still be required to pay the entire price. We had no choice but to just suck it up. I would not recommend this especially if you have small children. The floors and carpeting are so gross, our socks were black. There was also mold on the ceiling. Not the family trip we wanted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great deal, beachfront, great location! Loved our stay we had problem with noise during the night and the staff handled it right away! Kitchen was clean and room was cleaned everyday! Big pool and jacuzzi, all very nice and clean gated in! Will definately be visiting this location again... barefoot beach club is next door awesome food!

• Stayed September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Perfect location on the beach in Panama City Beach. Close to Gulf World, Pier Park, etc. Two-room suites with all rooms having beach-front balconies. The suite is a small living room separated from the bed room by the bath and a small galley kitchen. Maid service was good. The complimentary breakfast isn't all that special, but it was certainly good enough. The pool was in the shadow of the building for much of the day, which is a welcome respite from the sun on the beach at times. Parking is reasonable, but some folks may have to park across the street (still free) during peak times.

Room Tip: The penthouse (larger) suites have complimentary washer/dryer available. A nice perk.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an overprice motel! You can feel and hear the coils of the mattress. Sheets are hospital quality, and the rooms are open corridor (motel style). PCB is NOT worth your money, go somewhere else. I didn't listen to the negative reviews but should have. Miserable.

• Stayed June 2013
Ball Ground, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Breakfast Is set up awkward the only trash can is where people are getting their breakfast.
The other thing is they make you pay for Wi-Fi $3.99 for 1 hour its free everywhere else .The lady who takes care of Breakfast is very rude acts if you are in her way .someone threw up in the pool and they had known for quite sometime .I went to the desk again because no one had come to stop others from going in . The desk clerk Karen her badge said snapped at me and said maybe they are trying to do 10 jobs like me . If you feel that overwhelmed you need a new job! Not only is that grouse but it could make someone very sick

Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed a week and had a good experience at Legacy By The Sea; we will return. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of my suite. I had read a few negative reviews regarding cleanliness, so upon arrival, I did a thorough inspection of my suite. Floors, mattresses, box springs, furniture, bathtub, microwave, etc--all super clean. I was so impressed that I asked the housekeeper her name and tipped her when I found out that she regularly took care of this suite located on the 2nd floor. She was a great housekeeper with a beautiful, cheery smile--Marsha Ann or Mary Ann was her name. I continued to inspect the rest of the hotel for the remainder of my visit---crazy, but just something that I enjoy doing. I watched employees clean the pool and hot tub every morning, I saw carpet being CLEANED, windows being washed, and even the elevator walls being cleaned. Apparently, management has emphasized cleanliness.
The free breakfast was a plus-homemade waffles really attracted people and smelled SO GOOD. Expect cereal-(Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops), fruit, yogurt, bagels with cream cheese various doughnuts, muffins, coffee, juice, and milk. It was very convenient, BUT the layout of the breakfast area was all wrong. I'm surprised they haven't noticed this. The layout of the serving area interfered with "traffic flow." The 2 waffle irons were side by side causing 1 long waiting line--one should be at each end of the counter, so 2 lines can be formed.. The trash is by the 2 waffle irons, so everyone who has to throw something away has to break in the waffle line to get to the trash. The trash should be adjacent to the breakfast area to reduce traffic. To make the line even more congested, the breakfast supply room was located right next to the waffle irons so......the breakfast worker had to cut through the waffle line every time she needed more supplies! The lady who stocked breakfast items always appeared "annoyed" for having to work---like she didn't enjoy her job. The front desk was courteous and helpful. We ate at the Barefoot Beach Club every night--this grill is a HUGE asset to the hotel. The prices were reasonable, and the food was always great--try their nachos and baked oysters--Pina Coladas were probably the best I ever tasted. Strawberry Marguritas were not so good. Service was excellent with the exception of our first night. Our waitress was an older woman who appeared to be annoyed whenever we asked questions or asked her for anything. She rarely came back to the table to empty the ashtray or see if we wanted a refill. Plus, she was slow as Christmas. She did not make a good impression. All the other nights, we made sure to avoid her section, and we requested a particular server, but I don't remember her name. She gave us great service, and the tips we left let her know it! The location of the hotel was perfect--once we parked our car, it rarely moved. We walked across the street to Sun Mart--a convenience store that also had a deli with cheap subs, pizzas, and beer. They also had beach items like chairs, umbrellas, etc. Be prepared to pay a fee to use the chairs on the beach--we pd. $150 for the week. We walked to Gulf World and got a 20% discount because we were staying in the hotel. (Get there when they open @9:00) Last but not least--Parking is horrible! Be prepared to park across the street behind the convenience store I previously mentioned. When we arrived, it was raining cats and dogs, and of course, I was the one who had to go park the car after we unloaded and walk back across the street in the rain, which I did NOT enjoy. I watched for an open parking space on subsequent days and finally got to park under the hotel which was good. All in all, Legacy by the Sea was a great place for my family to stay. No hotel is perfect, and you can't control everything. We will be back next year, but this time.....we want the penthouse suite and want to stay for 2 weeks!!!

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I Come back Monday . The personnel is work there during the day Karen, Cindy and Greg are very professional and friendly .I love when somebody is give a big smile. My check in was 1.5 min is awesome. The room was excellent clean and full furnished. The kitchen was clean and complete. You have a toaster and coffee maker . I bring my magic bullet I made my frozen drinks too. The room have 2 bed and 2 units the air conditioning. ONE TIP NEVER EVER TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONING .The view is incredible. The housekeeping Canda she make a excellent touch up at my room . The crew at the night Cindy, Ashleig and Andrea help me with the knowledge about the place supermarket and stores close to the hotel.In the morning the breakfast i was waffles , cereal ,yogurt, bagels, orange and apple juice , referents kind of tea, muffins, donuts, Is only two machine you have to take a little patience because everybody like waffles, coffee. The mini gym is across the breakfast area . you have a walking machine and bike . The swimming pool is huge same the Jacuzzi . The beach is white soft sand . They charge for use the chair and umbrella but you can bring yours. The water is clear cold and you see amazing species little fishes with the goggles . excellent for snorkeling. I came for Orlando was my first time in that area was the mos amazing mini vacation my husband and I . The internet is charge for hour, day or week . I went to disconnect the world was excellent for us . I went to this paradise for relax and fun. Thank you very much for everything you guys .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!