“Very pleased” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Burlington, Iowa
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose the Legacy this year over Beachbreak(which we stayed at last year) because of the location. The Beachbreak was wretched, my husband said it reminded him of the barracks he used to live in when he was in the military. Anyway, the Legacy was a huge upgrade, clean room, very spacious, and the ability to section off the room to the beds and the sitting room, and two tvs, excellent for the kids to watch something while the adults can watch something else. The beds, not that comfortable but still better than the other hotel. Better off just skipping the breakfast. It's too small of an area for as many guests trying to get a donut or bagel. Parking is difficult if you come in later at night, but the lot behind SunMart is well lit if you need it. We found the staff to be pleasant. The hotel manager has a cool parrot named Frankie and is great for pictures with the kids if you run into him. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view.

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

One of the biggest issues we had were how dirty the floors are. After walking in your room for just a little while, the bottoms of your feet turn black. We had to put many bath towels down on the floor to form a walkway around our room! While the view of the beach is nice, that's pretty much impossible to screw up. The employees could have been more friendly and I don't know where they found that breakfast lady from but they need to return her....very rude and short with guests. And $40/day to rent beach chair/umbrella is a little too much in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here based solely on the filthy floors...ive never stayed anywhere this bad in all my trips to the beach!

• Stayed June 2013
KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just got home from our week stay at Legacy. Very misleading. When we called and booked we were told of all the discounts that we would get from other places by just showing our key. 20% off Gulf World, Kids will eat free at the next door Barefoot Tiki Bar, so much off helicopter rides, etc. Once we arrived and went to eat next door we were told they no longer offer those discounts and haven't seen last year. Next day we made a visit to gulf world were we are told the same thing. They even had signs in elevator showing all places that offer discounts for staying at legacy and NONE of them did it anymore. Very frustrating that they lie to just get you to stay there.

The hotel was okay. Not the cleanest I've ever stayed in. Staff seemed very nice although we didn't have much connections with me. Breakfast was a joke. Waffles and cereal and there was always a hung line and no place to sit. After second day we went and bought breakfast food at walmart and just made it in our room.

Overall, the location is wonderful but I can't say I would ever stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, Public Relations Manager at Legacy by the Sea, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I believe you spoke with a member of our reservations team via online chat this weekend concerning our Passport to Play Discounts. All discounts have been verified with our partners as of yesterday morning. The management team at Gulf World was contacted and they assured as that, as always, our discounts are being honored. We pride ourselves on offering discounts to area attractions, dining and shopping.
The breakfast lines are typical of any resort. Unfortunately, it takes a little longer to make fresh waffles than our guests would like.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Had you brought the issues up during your stay we would've been more than happy to help.
Cumming, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Finally arrived...

"We need to charge you $172 for exceeding room capacity" reluctantly, "ok"... Which I had to later have reversed because they charged our children as adults... We did not exceed capacity.

"I believe there has been a mistake, we booked a Non-Smoking room"... "Well, did you book through Legacy by the Sea, or a third party" "A third party" "Oh, we don't guarantee requests by third party travel sites" "I don't consider non-smoking a request" "We have no other rooms available, here is a bottle of Odor-Ban"... I had to go back for bug spray after I killed 3, yes 3 cockroaches in our room.

Smaller complaints - full beds rather than queens, no dvd players, $10.99/day for wifi?! Old school a/c units pull in smells from outside, which stinks when they put you on a smoking floor against your will.

You can park in 4 different areas because they don't have enough parking to accommodate for the number of rooms. In front (never available) basement garage (if your car will fit through the tiny maze) across the street (hardly ever available) or a block away behind the convenience store (Hope you have good weather and nothing to carry)

Breakfast is from 7-9 am. The breakfast prep area is not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests and neither is the time-frame. Tried several times, always packed. Options very limited. I showed up a 6:55 am and the unfriendly staff member said "we don't open til 7" I said "it's 6:55" and she looked at her cell phone clock and proceeded to not open until 7:05.

The pool/hot tub are not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests. I hope you like being real close to people if you stay here and want to use the swimming facilities.

The beach... The only upside to being trapped at this "Nightmare by the Sea" Perfect views, short stroll to water, open beach.

Trust me, pay more and enjoy your stay elsewhere! I have stayed at Edgewater twice and loved it, but I stayed here in an attempt to be closer to pier park... Next time ACCOMMODATIONS>LOCATION!!!

Room Tip: "A room in a different hotel"
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

There are very few places to stay in PCB that are not condos. We took a school group. The facility is pretty nice. The decor is very basic but you are there for the beach - not the room decor. The room layout in the units we rented was very handy. When you walked in, there were two full beds with a television. The next area was a small kitchenette on one side with the bathroom on the other. The next room was a living area with a pull-out bed plus dining table and television that led to the balcony. The view is great. The management was very friendly and the maid service was adequate. The continental breakfast was a good snack to get ready for the day. There is a convenient store, diner and a restaurant/bar just next door. Pier Park is an easy twenty minute walk down the road. If I were visiting again for a weekend, I would bring my family here. If I were staying for a week, I would look into a condo rental - but Legacy by the Sea works for a short stay.

Room Tip: If the view is important, ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Covington, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We sent 2 nights in Room 612 June 2nd and 3rd. My husband booked the room so I did not get to preapprove it. I will say the room was clean but very dated and the sofa had stains. the general condition of the room gave me the creeps I would not walk on the carpet without my shoes. The view was awesome and the kids kids had a great time so that is what matters the most. The breakfast was not worth the trip down stairs go to the grocery store and make your own (the lady who works the food service is rude and nasty). Over all it is ok for a family on a budget but not my first choice.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband, son, and I just returned from our annual trip to Panama City Beach where we stayed at Legacy By The Sea for the first time. We had stayed at Beachbreak By The Sea back in November and were pleased with everything, but it was our 10th anniversary and decided to upgrade a bit, or so we thought. When we arrived, the parking lot was TERRIBLY small for the amount of guests staying there and just barely found a space right next to the road where you have to back into traffic at an intersection just to get out. If you weren't lucky enough to find one on the property, then you had to park across the street behind a mini mart with your vehicle out of sight. The staff at check-in was really friendly and welcoming, which was nice. When we arrived at our room, we saw we had gotten one 2 steps away from an elevator door, which made for a noisy late night with a lot of young folks milling around at all hours. These same kids were also chucking beer cans off the balcony onto the pool deck.The room was "ok"...comfortable for the most part and clean. The pool area was very small, and the hot tub was in another fenced in area away from the pool, which was not convenient if I had wanted to sit in it and watch my son while he went in the pool or something. They do offer a small continental breakfast, which was nice if you didn't want to go out before you hit the beach. Overall, I do recommend By The Sea Resorts, but I will choose Beachbreak again over the Legacy as it is definitely a better value and the parking situation is a little better. I didn't even have a kitchenette this time as I did at Beachbreak and paid a lot more. I can also get a better deal at the Flamingo tower with a kitchen and sitting area for the same price, but I find By The Sea's staff much more friendly which is why we returned.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 06 are in the center of the building, which is right next to an ice machine or vendi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!