“Not Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

There are very few places to stay in PCB that are not condos. We took a school group. The facility is pretty nice. The decor is very basic but you are there for the beach - not the room decor. The room layout in the units we rented was very handy. When you walked in, there were two full beds with a television. The next area was a small kitchenette on one side with the bathroom on the other. The next room was a living area with a pull-out bed plus dining table and television that led to the balcony. The view is great. The management was very friendly and the maid service was adequate. The continental breakfast was a good snack to get ready for the day. There is a convenient store, diner and a restaurant/bar just next door. Pier Park is an easy twenty minute walk down the road. If I were visiting again for a weekend, I would bring my family here. If I were staying for a week, I would look into a condo rental - but Legacy by the Sea works for a short stay.

Room Tip: If the view is important, ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Covington, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We sent 2 nights in Room 612 June 2nd and 3rd. My husband booked the room so I did not get to preapprove it. I will say the room was clean but very dated and the sofa had stains. the general condition of the room gave me the creeps I would not walk on the carpet without my shoes. The view was awesome and the kids kids had a great time so that is what matters the most. The breakfast was not worth the trip down stairs go to the grocery store and make your own (the lady who works the food service is rude and nasty). Over all it is ok for a family on a budget but not my first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband, son, and I just returned from our annual trip to Panama City Beach where we stayed at Legacy By The Sea for the first time. We had stayed at Beachbreak By The Sea back in November and were pleased with everything, but it was our 10th anniversary and decided to upgrade a bit, or so we thought. When we arrived, the parking lot was TERRIBLY small for the amount of guests staying there and just barely found a space right next to the road where you have to back into traffic at an intersection just to get out. If you weren't lucky enough to find one on the property, then you had to park across the street behind a mini mart with your vehicle out of sight. The staff at check-in was really friendly and welcoming, which was nice. When we arrived at our room, we saw we had gotten one 2 steps away from an elevator door, which made for a noisy late night with a lot of young folks milling around at all hours. These same kids were also chucking beer cans off the balcony onto the pool deck.The room was "ok"...comfortable for the most part and clean. The pool area was very small, and the hot tub was in another fenced in area away from the pool, which was not convenient if I had wanted to sit in it and watch my son while he went in the pool or something. They do offer a small continental breakfast, which was nice if you didn't want to go out before you hit the beach. Overall, I do recommend By The Sea Resorts, but I will choose Beachbreak again over the Legacy as it is definitely a better value and the parking situation is a little better. I didn't even have a kitchenette this time as I did at Beachbreak and paid a lot more. I can also get a better deal at the Flamingo tower with a kitchen and sitting area for the same price, but I find By The Sea's staff much more friendly which is why we returned.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 06 are in the center of the building, which is right next to an ice machine or vendi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SaraB2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rooms exceptionally clean. Parking not ideal, but never had to park across the street. Great location to Pier Park. Only complaint is that the pool is WAY too small for a hotel that size. Not much room to ever lounge around on a raft without running into people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location! Clean Rooms but average housekeeping. The lady forgets emptying trash cans. The management could pay attention to that.Drab breakfast and uncomfortable beds.
Good for 2-3 nights stay else you'll land up with back pain!
Loved the fact they had kitchenette since the breakfast was doughnuts, waffle, bagel, dry cereal every day (when I'm paying $200 per night I expect at least eggs!!)

• Stayed May 2013
Paris, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just got back from a four night stay over Memorial Day weekend at the Legacy by the Sea. I was overall pretty satisfied. I absolutely loved the layouts of the room. I had a double suite. The front door is on the road side. You walk in and there are the two double beds with a closet, dresser, tv. Then through a hallway is a kitchen that has all the necessities and a bathroom with plenty of counter space. The living room/dining is facing the ocean, with a huge window to see out of. The balcony was a good size also. The only thing was parking was either in front, under, or across the road from hotel. I mainly had to park across the road, but it isn't too far for two people. Kids may be a hassle though. The pool/hot tub was nice. Breakfast was really good with a pancake maker, donuts, cereal, juices, and yogurt. The only thing is it was extremely crowded down there.

Room Tip: Double suites are great, they stretch across the whole hotel, from front to back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I spent two days here to plug a scheduling gap we had at a time share resort. I guess we've been spoiled by time shares, but the contrast between the two properties was stark - Legacy is a two to three star property at best. The room we had - a "Master suite" - was simply a one bedroom unit with a mini kitchen. The room was in need of maintenance. The refrigerator door had a big dent in it, the balcony railing was badly in need of repainting. The flat screen TV is about the size of a computer monitor. The kitchen utensils were the cheapest you could purchase and put in a room - non Teflon skillet, aluminum "silverware", plastic cups. The card key reader on the door had to be swiped about twenty times before it recognized the card key and opened the door. This happened each time you tried to get in the room. Very frustrating. Parking is limited. They tell you at check in that you may have to park across the street in a dirt overflow lot. The layout of the room was puzzling. You enter the room in the bedroom, which is on the side of the building nearest the street. You then walk through the mini kitchen to the living area which is on the beach side. This means that at night you're closest to the side of the building where the street noise (motorcycles gunning their engines at 1:30AM, for example) is loudest.

On the plus side, the view of the beach is nice. Unfortunately, that beach view doesn't go far enough to make up for all the other shortcomings of this property. If you're aged 18 to 26 and looking for a spring break destination, this may be right up your alley. People were up and playing loud music at 4:30AM. If you're a grown up, you'll probably want to consider a different destination.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!