“Do not stay at any "by the sea" hotels!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Legacy by the Sea to your Saves list
Legacy by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
“Do not stay at any "by the sea" hotels!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As I've been reading reviews I am puzzled as to how there are so many great ones. However when I read the bad ones they are all similar and I can relate to all of their claims. I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels/resorts. I am extremely disappointed with these hotels as I've stayed in two of them. I had to move hotels because our original room at beachcomber was infested with palmetto bugs (a fancy name for cockroaches if you ask me). Also the couch was just gross. Covered in stains of god knows what, we had to cover it with a sheet. Also the bed is right by the door making it impossible to get any sleep. The walls are paper thin and the bed is nowhere near comfortable. The dishes in the "fully equipped kitchenette" were dirty and clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. There was rust in the freezer and the carpet was sticky. Basically I felt gross just standing in the room. So now here we are in the legacy because they transferred us. It is better than beachcomber but not by much. The walls still paper thin, I can literally hear the cleaning lady and her cart rolling around in the room above us. Still not very clean, stains on the couch again, sticky floors, same complaints. I'm praying for no more palmetto bugs but I've seen that in previous reviews that its very possible. They say that it's common in FL well I've stayed in FL over 20 times and have NEVER had to deal oath cockroaches in my hotel room. I will never recommend these hotels to anyone. My lesson has been learned, rent a nice condo. I though this would be a nice graduation gift for my boyfriend, and I am embarrassed at these hotels. I couldn't have picked a worse hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My son's family and I recently stayed at the Legacy and loved the privacy of our mini-pent house. Check in was a breeze, the receptionist couldn't have been any friendlier. We were coming in with a little girl with a stomach bug and the staff did everything they could to get our room ready early. Loved getting a text when our room was available. The view was breath taking from our balcony. The room was very clean, staff always saying "Hello". Just love, love, love it!!! Will definitely be back. And oh, loved being within walking distance of Gulf World Marine Park, our reason for our vacation. Will see you again!!!!

Room Tip: The mini-pent houses are the way to go!!! So much privacy....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Mitchell,AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Checking in was very easy and the staff were extremely nice. We just checked out of another hotel before booking this one due to the hotel being disgusting. The staff told us that it would probably be a few hours before they were able to get a room cleaned but they would contact us via text message. We received our message within 45 minutes. We enjoyed the heated pool and the ocean view room along with the kitchenette. We paid the normal price for a standard room without the kitchenette but the staff felt sorry for us because of our previous stay at the other hotel and gave us a room with the kitchenette. We will definately will be returning back to this hotel on our future trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Me and the family stayed here a year ago because it was cheap through one of those travel deal sites. The room was clean, nothing was broken. The furniture was a little dated but all in all, it wasn't a bad place. We would probably stay here again if we were looking to take another cheap, quickie trip to the beach.

Room Tip: Most rooms here are pretty much the same. Front door faces the strip and back sliding door goes to b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

All rooms were ocean view. Seperate bedroom was nice. Private balcony. Room was adequately clean.
Full kitchen; but fridge wasn't working well. Reported; but still didn't get cold enough.
☺Beds were worn out. When laying on them, the springs were in our backs and we all had back ache each morning.
Great location. Several restaurants in walking distance. Cont. breakfast wasn't worth going to. We ate out.
Don't think I would stay agin unless I take my air bed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for a Parrot Head Rendezvous event and was very happy with the room. I shared with a couple of friends and we had enough room to spread out. The kitchen area was a bonus, as we had brought pop, beer, and snacks. I had the pull-out couch, which, like most other pull-outs, isn't the most comfortable, but it was fine. The location, right on the beach, was perfect, and there were many places to eat and drink within walking distance. I will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fosterburg, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

right on the beach. The room setup is very good with the kitchen. We came here last year for an event and came back this year and I hope to come back next year. The only drawback is there is not a lot of parking. There is a lot of good places to eat real close buy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!