“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Legacy by the Sea is a great value for the location and room size. I have stayed here many times for the last couple of years. Rooms are not fancy and could use a little updating to give a fresher look, but has always been clean and everything in working condition. I don't stay in the room much so as long as everything is clean and working then I am happy. I also recommend checking for good deals online at Bookit.com. I usually stay in April or May and always find a good price on bookit otherwise the rates are high for what you get. Barefoot Beach club restaurant next door is a great place to have lunch and dinner. Great food for great prices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Columbiana, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Orginally had reservations at Beachcomber. Upon checking in, Beachcomber was doing some re-modeling and said I the option of going to Legacy, which is owned by the same company. My stay was 3 nights. Karen at the front desk was awsome, very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the service was great. I look forward to going again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I booked this hotel with an open mind. The pictures looked extremely dated but my experience is that a book should not be judged by its cover. In the case of the Legacy, judge away! The front desk staff was rude and seemed very defensive. I get the feeling that they have a lot of problems with the spring break crowd, and they automatically assume that any young person will be having a crazy party. The room was very large but dirty. The furniture looked as though there was a keg party on it. the kitchen was fully equipped but also dirty, the fridge had mold growing on it. Perhaps we got unlucky and got one of the bad rooms... The bedding was not clean, there was sand in it. I called down to ask about changing it and they told me I had to come get the bedding and change it myself. There was a nice balcony overlooking the beach, all rooms have this which is very pretty. Being on the beach and free parking are the good things about this hotel. Please note if you are below a certian age you must pay a damage deposit. The continental breakfast was coffee, muffins, maybe cereal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

good customer service from ms cindy.clean room and watch beach from your room . staff member are very friendly.location is close to shopping plaza & pier park.any problem comes while you stay , it was taken care by staff member promptly.

Room Tip: beach front room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went for a girl's vacation and was frightened that it looked too run down for my taste. Boy was I enlightened! Yes, it was older furniture but in great shape. We had a serviceable kitchen (we did't cook but had the fridge and a sink, stove, and mirror) that was great when we had 3 ladies all getting ready at the same time. One bedroom with 2 double beds and tv and mirror, the kitchen area, bathroom/showe was very large, then a stuffing with a pull out couch/bed and then our balcony right on the beach. We saw stingrays and porpoises from our room. If you go out the front door, that's the main strip where all the action is. Restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. I will go back as the staff was amazing as we our flight was cancelled and we had to stay in the airport that night. We called and Legacy deducted that from our bill...no problem. Breakfast was included and quite good. Promise that this is a very well-hidden gem!

• Stayed July 2012
Tallahassee, Floirda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a very nice hotel right on the beach, within walking distance of Pier Park. I stayed here this past weekend (out of season) so I received a good rate through a 3rd party booking company. ($69/night)

I stayed in a king suite which was very clean and well stocked - the bed was very comfortable. The room included a small kitchen with stove/oven, microwave, sink and all the utensils/cookware/glassware needed to enjoy any meal you care to prepare. All was very clean. The living room had a dining table that could seat 4, a queen-sized pull-out sofa, a comfortable chair...2 flat screen TVs, one in BR and one in LR. The balcony was clean, right off the living room...with 2 chairs and a table. The view was beautiful...and the beach was very clean.

Amenities included a continental breakfast...very simple - bagels, muffins, cereal (hot/cold), donuts, juice and coffee but as noted, you could prepare breakfast in your suite. A small weight room with a treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike...no weights...and was supplied with towels. The pool deck was decent size - right on the beach...and the hot tub was pretty large...seated 12 and was quite hot...very nice on the cool days. All looked very clean...didn't experience the pool but did use the hot tub...very nice. I would say the only opportunity there would be to supply towels...I didn't see any during my visit and had to bring one from my room.

The staff was very friendly...check-in was a breeze. The do have wifi in the rooms but for a small fee...I think $3.99 a day. I didn't use it...didn't have my laptop with me but they do have a computer in the lobby for guest use. The overall grounds were very nice...and it seemed like there was plenty of parking...both covered and uncovered. Although, this wasn't season so not sure if that's an issue then nor if it's free then as it was this past weekend.

Overall, I was very pleased with Legacy by the Sea and I would most certainly visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: There are no grocery stores within walking distance...but Pier Park is very close with any other typ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Legacy twice in the last 3 months. I travel a lot and love to stay on the ocean.

The Legacy is absolutely great. The staff is always friendly and helpful-everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to maintenance. My 64 year old mother obviously has problems getting around. The front desk staff, Cindy, noticed right away and offered to give her a parking pass so that she could park close to the hotel and not across the street where guests often have to park. Later, when I cut my finger and was downstairs later, Cindy noticed and offered me an antibiotic ointment and a bandaid.

The rooms are not over the top, but they are more than adequate, especially at the price. Each room has a living area, kitchen, and bedroom. Everything in the room looks new and everything is very clean. They have waste baskets in every room of your suite, which is very convenient and helpful. Each kitchen is equipped with silverware, coffee pots, dishes, and large bowls. And all the furniture is comfortable, including the beds.

If you love an oceanview, this hotel has the feel of a condo without the condo prices. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: For only $50 extra dollars a night, the penthouse is much larger and has two windows to view the oce...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family