“Good value for your money” 4 of 5 stars

Legacy by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15325 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #18 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Good value for your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

It's really a good price for what you get. My only major complaints were that the staff wasn't over friendly and house keeping didn't clean the bathrooms every day we were there. The room was clean though upon our arrival. But if you don't want to spend a fortune on a place in Panama City and want to be on the beach- this is your place. Oh and I liked that we could walk to Pier Park from the place.

• Stayed August 2012

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our first night there we got in late happy to crawl into bed and saw that there were black hairs and sand in the sheets.
When calling down to the front desk we were told that we had to go and get our own sheets and re make the bed ourselves... There was no apology for the dirty sheets not even a comment. Our room had a separate living room area with a couch and chair which looked very dirty. Neither my sister or I dared to sit on the furniture.
Continental breakfast was nothing special at all.
Only good thing about this hotel is that it is right on the beach and the view from the balcony it great..
Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Muscatine, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed at the "Legacy By The Sea" property in Panama City Beach, Florida, three times. We were impressed with the property the first time we visited, and have chosen that property each time we return to Florida. This is an all-condo, all ocean front property. The lobby is unique for a condo property, in that it is extensive, offering expansive views of the bay. It also affords the opportunity to use the breakfast area while enjoying the view. Breakfast is provided each morn, and although it is not elaborate, it is quite adequate.

Daily maid service is always provided, and the rooms are kept quite clean. The single bedroom unit which we stay in, consists of a bedroom, with comfy bed, a living room, kitchen that is well equipped, and a bath with shower. Each unit has its own private balcony, equipped with easy-resting chairs. The beach is beautiful and well-maintained. There are rental loungers and cabanas available, but personal lounge items are not discouraged.

On-site parking is provided at no charge, and some inside parking slots are also available. The hotel is ideally located within a short distance of numerous fine dining or carry-out establishments. This is a very nice property that is no more than the daily charge of most motel units of lesser quality.

Room Tip: The Barefoot Lounge & Grill is located just steps away from the hotel. This is a casual atmosph...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I normally stay at another hotel when I go to PCB mainly because that was where I grew up going to year after year. This year I decided it was time to make a change due to the shape of the other hotel. And let me say it was the best decision I ever made to stay at Legacy by the Sea. Kayla was very helpful when I made my reservations. However I was a little worried about a new hotel after a few of the reveiws I read here. But first let me give my experiences before I counter those other reviews. Stephanie was awesome at check-in. She answered all of our questions and was very nice. And Karen was great at check-out and gave me some information about rates for a weekend trip I plan to take with just my wife and I. The room was great with no problems whatsoever. Some of the reviews talked about doors not sealing properly, sticky carpets, bad smells etc. I can say NONE of that was true. There is a limited amount of parking that could be an issue during spring break or another peak time. But we were able to park in front of the hotel the entire trip and did not have to use the overflow parking. Another review complained about the umbella and chair company on the beach in front of the hotel. The truth is there is plenty of room on either side of where the chairs are so you do not have to be behind them. So if you want an AWESOME room for your money then this is where you need to stay. My wife and I with our two daughters have a new place to stay on our family vacations. And the discount you get at the Barefoot Beach Club is just and added bonus. (but that's another review).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our stay was from 8/27/12 - 8-30-12. Our room had 2 double beds in one room with a tv and then a second room with a tv seperated by a mini kitchen (full sized refrig) and a bathroom. The kitchen had a full sized refrig, a range top stove and oven, sink, microwave, and a mini coffee pot. The room was clean, nice and comfortable. It was just the right size for myself and a friend of mine. I took the room with the sofa and she took the room with the double beds-didnt feel cramped at all. The price was awesome, we paid 89 per night. 4 or more elevators. It had a very nice lobby with an awesome view of the ocean. Bagels, donuts, yogurt, coffee and juices for the breakfast every morning-free of charge. Jacuzzi, and swimming pool on basement level. It also had a fitness center room. A lot of things with in walking distance. This would be the perfect place to stay at also if you're going solo. Friendly staff also. The only con was that parking may be a pain if the resort was full capacity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I traveled to the Legacy during the week of the Fourth of July. Parking is a bit confusing, and if we didn't park during an, "off time," we had to park 150 feet away, which is a little daunting when you're dealing with massive traffic and carrying a small child. Aside from that, I was very impressed with the staff! The lady at the front desk was helpful, and very nice to my children! Housekeeping was great. The room was a good set up, not anything special, but it served its intended purpose. The balcony view was breathtaking! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Im so glad we decided on the Legacy for our hotel. This was our first vacation to the beach together, and my first time EVER. The legacy was amazing. We were on the 11th floor so the view was excellent and each room has a balcolny which was a HUGE bonus for me. Best part was the fact it was right on the beach...no driving at all...just went down the elevator...and walked out onto the beach..it was amazing. If salt water isnt your thing or you need a change they have a pool and a hot tub. We used both during our stay and they were clean, fun and relaxing. The cool part is the outdoor shower area...for when you get off the beach....you can rinse off before heading into the pool, which kept it sand free and great. They also have an onsite laundry room and a fitness room with just a few machines...but that s better than nothing if you need a quick workout. They also offered a free breakfast from 7-9am each morning...we checked it out but didnt eat it...it had bagels, doughnuts, fruit, yogurt and a couple types of cereal. So a few different options if you like those things. Awesome thing is...if you dont then you can make breakfast in your room because it has a kitchen. The kitchen had a stove, microwave, toaster, fridge and coffee pot as well as all the pans, plates, cups and all the things u need for a kitchen. It was great. The bathrooms had lots of counter space and was very well stocked with towels. The hotel is in a GREAT location....less than a mile from pier park...which has tons of shops and restaurants to walk thru and enjoy as well as spas and a movie theater. Also across the street from the legacy is Gulf World....basically like a small sea world..IT was so fun tho. And costed about 30 a person but was hours of good entertainment. The barefoot beachclub next door had good food. We ate lunch there one day, it was right on the beach so the view was awesome, and if you stay at the legacy they actually give u 10% off or if you have kids u get a kids meal free. So that was an added bonus. All in all this was an amazing vacation and i couldnt be happier with the Legacy and cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better the VIEW!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy by the Sea? Share your experiences!