“Great Place to Stay and Relax!” 5 of 5 stars

Beachbreak by the Sea
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15405 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Arkansas
“Great Place to Stay and Relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

This is an awesome place to stay! Nothing fancy……just a fun, clean atmosphere to enjoy the beautiful beach. It is great for the budget and has everything you need to have a wonderful relaxing stay! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I can’t wait till my next visit!!!

Stayed August 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

My husband and I just got back from Vacationing at Beachbreak By The Sea. I was a little scared b/c it was cheap and right on the beach, where the prices are usually higher. It was a really good experience though. The hotel is older, but it is very well kept and very CLEAN! Cleanliness is a huge factor for me. I can deal with old, but I cannot deal with dirty. The staff was helpful and nice. Our room had a king size bed that was not too comfortable, but when we asked for extra pillows we were accomadated. I really enjoyed it and I will fo back, great place for anyone on a budget! There is also free breakfast, which was not elaborate, but still the basics to get you ready for the day. Great spot, lots of fun!

• Liked — CLEAN
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton rouge, la
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

Ok, place. A lot of stairs though. No elevators. Rooms need updating. Carpet needs replacing, dishwashers are no longer there, frig in odd place. But it was clean, so the other you just deal with. Bathroom was like new and very clean, which is a++++++in my book. Beds were comfortable, but box springs need replacing. Friendly staff, cleaning crew just as sweet as they can be. Really the only thing that I can't deal with again is all the stairs when getting there and unloading and leaving and loading. Ask for dolley, they will get you one. The really nice staff will make up for all. Just get a room street level or by the ramp. Had a great time, I would recommend for a family place on a budget. It's on the beach and so is the pool and jacuzzi and the rooms are beachfront.

• Liked — clean bathroom and the staff
  • Disliked — stairs and no lugage cart or elevators
  • Tips/Secrets — bring luggage cart or ask for dolley
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

This was a nice hotel. The location was amazing, I highly recommend paying the extra money to get a hotel on the beach. There's no need to worry about parking or drinking and driving. You can just walk out of your hotel room onto the beach. The hotel is close to a couple of restaurants and a breakfast place across the street. The two large dance bars in town are a ways a way not in walking distance, however they are a short drive away. A Walmart about 10min drive from the hotel can facilitate your eating in the hotel room which has a fridge, stove and microwave. Panama City is some ways away, and being there I can tell you there is nothing there. Shopping is below average and there are no tourist attractions to speak of in Panama City.

Stayed June 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

I am not one to complain. I usually just roll with the punches and don't sweat the little things, however, I feel I must let potential visitors to Panama City Beach, Florida, know about my recent experience at Beachbreak by the Sea. We arrived on Saturday, July 1 and they could not find our reservation for about 30 minutes. We reserved what I thought was a two-bedroom suite. Because of our wait, the desk clerk said that we would be getting an upgrade to their best room. I'm glad we got the upgrade because the two-room suite advertised is actually 1 bedroom with 2 double beds and a pull out couch in the common area which meant no privacy from the other person staying with us. To make a long story short, the sofa bed (horribly uncomfortable) frame was bent and was replaced the following day, the refrigerator went out (after I went to the grocery store) and a new one was brought in, the bathtub was stopped up, the blow dryer in the restroom didn't work and had to be replaced and the window A/C unit went out and was replaced the following day (couldn't use the balcony because of the heat from it. It made a great clothes dryer, though) Needless to say, the first night without A/C and a bent bed frame was very long and absolutely miserable. All of these incidents were immediately repaired by the the very nice maintenance men, but boy what an ordeal it was. The beds were terribly uncomfortable which made for very sore bodies while we were on "vacation". We arrived home on Tuesday, July 4. After I unpacked, I fell on the couch and slept for 3 hours from being so exhausted from very little sleep. I also had July 5 off from work and instead of doing what I'd planned, I slept. I am 41 my husband is 45 and we are in good physical shape and I was so sore and tired I was absolutely miserable. I have traveled with my job for many years and have never had such a horrible experience. Panama City Beach has lots of other wonderful accommodations but this one was the pitts! Edgewater Resorts has got my business from this day forward!

• Stayed July 2006
Madison, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

We stayed at this property on 6/25, 26, and 27. We got a great rate from Bookit. First, I thought the location of the property was good, it was on the west part of the beach. It was on the opposite side of the beach from Spinnakers and Club La Vila, but only about a 15-20 minute drive. It was within walking distance to Sharkey's and close to HW 79 if you want to go to the dog track. The property is OK. The beds are not very comfortable, and be sure to bring your own pillow. I didn't sleep very well most nights. The pool area is very small, and the pool was crowded with dirty kids. The beach area was pretty clean, and there were rentals of all types directly in front of the property. The beach chairs and umbrella was $30. A waverunner was $55 for a 1/2 hour. I thought all of the rentals were too high. There is also a 24 hour diner and shops right across the street. Gulf world is also directly across the street. Don't expect a plush condo with hot-looking girls lounging around the pool and beach area. If you are merely looking for a place to crash and don't plan to be in the room much, this is an excellent value.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

We just returned from our vacation in Panama City.We stayed at the Beachbreak.We arrived at noon and the very nice man working the desk already had our room ready.We stayed on the 4th floor which is a little hike (no elevator's and would not accomodate us to a lower floor ,only complaint) But walking in the room we noticed it was a large room ,very clean and a wonderful view of the gulf! The balcony was nice and very relaxing.I felt it was safe for my children to walk out on and enjoy the view,they are 12, 8 and 2 years old (although kept a close eye on the 2 yr old) The room was quiet,you could not hear other people in the other rooms.They kept us well stocked with towels and other items we needed,kept the room cleaned and maids were also very curtious.Our refrigerator was not cooling and we called the front desk and they sent a man right up and took care of us,he was also extremely friendly.My children loved the pool.We would recommend this place to all wanting a nice peaceful relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Beachbreak by the Sea? Share your experiences!