“Relaxing, layed-back stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 47 hotels in Panama City Beach
Decatur, Tennessee
“Relaxing, layed-back stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a short trip for my husband and I. We loved the location to amenities. Very short walk out to the beach. We stayed on the second level which is just one flight down to the beach. It really was perfect for us. Very relaxing atmosphere and friendly people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Beachbreak so many times I've lost count. This is one of the few left that is still quaint and small. The staff have always been nice, courteous, and friendly. Kayla Leach is always so helpful when I have a special request. If you are looking for an older but well kept hotel, not too fancy, on the beach, this is the place for you. The Beachbreak needs updated but if you are looking for a great place to stay at a good price, this is the place to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaGrange, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

me and my young son and fiancé stayed here for 3 days. pool was clean, staff was friendly, very nice sized clean rooms. Always had fresh towels and trash taken when needed. Quiet at night. We went the weekend after labor day, because we are not the party type. I think a lot of these reviews are written by people when things are in full swing, but its Panama City! its a party town so of course the staff is gonna be a little busy, and the guests a little rowdier! If you want to go somewhere with your family, go to a non-party place! The only problem we had was limited parking, but they offer additional so it wasn't really a big deal.

Room Tip: try and get about a 3rd floor, its level with the lobby. we asked for a room not directly over the p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay! We had a ball when we stayed here a few weeks ago! It's their older building but kept up very nice! I will be sure to come back!My son loved it too. There is a play area next door at their restaurant, which was nice! The staff kept us in fresh towls and a clean room! I loved the morning view of the dolphins playing!

• Stayed August 2013
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at Beach Break for 5 nights and 4 days. I was absolutely terrified because a lot of the reviews are less than kind but we had a great experience! Yes this is an older hotel and no it's not very updated but for the value (book through hotel, not travel website) it's wonderful. Being right on the beach is so worth it and it's also so close to many other restautants and activities! We really enjoyed Sharkey's restaurant which is within walking distance. Anyways, back to the hotel, the pool and hot tub were great and they were cleaned every morning. We enjoyed our little balcony and view as well! Our room was cleaned daily and we were given plenty of fresh towels.We also had a mini fridge and mircowave which was great! The staff members we encountered were always friendly and helpful. The breakfast was only bagels, yogurt, muffins, coffee, and juice but this was fine with us! They have toasters for the bagels so at least you get one hot food item! :) So I'd say if you are super picky and expecting perfection, don't stay here. If you are looking for a decent, clean, nicely priced hotel right on the beach then this is definitely for you! I would stay here again in a heart beat and the beginning of Sept seems to be a nice time to travel to Florida!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Beachbreak is not one of the most luxurious places on Front Beach Rd, however the rooms were clean, the location is great and the prices are good.
With Gulfworld right across the street and Pier Park within walking distance you have a lot of options for a non-beach day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed in 411 it was a good room. yeah there is no elevator but you are already on the 3rd floor so if your lazy then yeah id be mad too. balcony is normal. the beach is awesome its a quite part not to crowded and you can walk to pier park and gulf world is across the street. the only complaint I have is no wifi in room but I can live without that I am on vacation. and a better breakfast would be nice but I just brought cereal to go with what they have. my daughter is 11 she had a good time in pool area. we will stay there again

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beachbreak by the Sea? Share your experiences!