“not as bad as people are saying” 3 of 5 stars

Beachbreak by the Sea
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15405 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #25 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
“not as bad as people are saying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed in 411 it was a good room. yeah there is no elevator but you are already on the 3rd floor so if your lazy then yeah id be mad too. balcony is normal. the beach is awesome its a quite part not to crowded and you can walk to pier park and gulf world is across the street. the only complaint I have is no wifi in room but I can live without that I am on vacation. and a better breakfast would be nice but I just brought cereal to go with what they have. my daughter is 11 she had a good time in pool area. we will stay there again

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed on the third floor-room 221.Room was awful, outdated, worst room that you can get. Carpet nasty- full of stains, lost its true colors many years ago, old squeaky beds with gross floral covers. I don't want to mention kitchen. Balcony was too small and couldn't fit 3 people to sit and enjoy the view .Was equipped with 2 old dollar store plastic chairs and no table.You can't go and sit on it because it was too noisy and hot, because of room air-condition that was located on the balcony wall blowing hot air out.Only good thing was the beautiful beach and NOTHING else. Believe me avoid this place and save yourself from disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked & paid for 3 nights, we left after one & paid for another hotel. The check-in consisted of the staff ordering food on the phone and discussing menu options. After she got off the phone, we checked in & trudged to the 4th floor as there is no elevator. On the way to the room we noticed wet concrete with a bit of tape around it, very loud and leaky wall unit air conditioners. We entered the room where the carpet appeared dirty (may just have been stained but I didn't check to confirm), it FELT dirty. The kitchenette table was vinyl orange seating from the 1970's. When I sat on the bed it made the loudest banging noise like I was going to fall through the bed. We reluctantly slept in the room for the night, but worried if it was sanitary the entire time. Every time I turned over the bed again made that terrible noise. The hotel is in a good location but the location isn't good enough to make up for the rest.

Room Tip: Find another place!
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights at Beackbreak.

I would comment that it looks much better on its website than in reality. We checked in an the reception area is okay but the rooms are old a need a remodel. There was rust around the edges of the tub and the room smelled slightly. They have those old under window AC units that are quite loud. Breakfast is toast, yogurt, juice. We just opened our windows and lived on... I was disappointed for over a hundred a night I expected better.

That said; the towels were clean and the maid service was fine. The beds slept okay.

There is a barbeque available on the ground floor by the beach which is awesome and the pool is nice enough.

Honestly I would stay here again for location. You are in the middle of everything and can walk to pier park and the pier. I just think it should be cheaper for what you get.

Room Tip: Ground floor lets you walk out onto the beach,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went to Panama for a girls weekend, and stayed here because it was a good deal, but it was not what we paid for. We had booked through expedia and paid for a room that slept 6, but ended up getting one that only slept 4. We were told that since we booked through a 3rd party, there was nothing they could do. Also that 5 was against fire code, and that we would either have to switch rooms and pay the difference or move to another hotel. We ended up getting extra blankets and pillows and one of us slept on the dresser.
Location was great, but housekeeping was a joke. They only made one bed each day, never brought more towels and didnt throw out any garbage that was in the room. So disapointed in our stay, and service we received. It would have been better if the room was cleaned each day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at Beachbreak for years now and love it!! Its not your 5 star hotel but for us it has always been clean and comfortable. I love the smallness of the hotel. Its only 4 stories so it kind of feels like the Mom & Pop hotels that were in PCB years ago. It has perfect access to the beach and you don't have to walk miles to get back to your room. This year was our 21 year Anniversary so we didnt take the kids this time....IT WAS GREAT haha :) We will be back next year and always look forward to the Beachbreak..
I can say it could use a little refreshing in the rooms though. We didn't have any problems but some things are outdated (TV) it could use a paint freshening up with some popping beach colors too :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phenix City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a double room with 2 beds, bath and kitchen. Small stove, sink, microwave & fridge. Basics for dishes and cooking. I always take my own food staples as I would my own clothing. Our room was very clean, well maintained and the staff was excellent. We were beach side, first floor next to the pool. No noise to disturb us and we are older with grandchildren. We also felt very safe. I have stayed in some places where the partying was out of control in the evenings, none of that here. Good price, we will stay again.

Room Tip: We were on pool level which is down one flight, I liked this because I was also beach level. Not muc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beachbreak by the Sea? Share your experiences!