“Terrible......” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Terrible......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked online and was going by reviews and price, we thought it would be okay. Well, not! The room stunk really bad and the carpet was nasty. Our room had two really small beds in separate rooms with two bathrooms. One of the bathroom doorknobs was broken and you had to be careful when opening or it would fall off. The hallways were gross, the public bathroom was the worst ever, broken down, and molded, we were afraid to use it. My husband would not let me complain to anyone there, he didn't want to go around looking for somewhere else. So we stayed. I didn't take my shoes off or let much of my stuff touch the floor, that's how gross the floor was. The Internet was only available inside the office and you had to be right inside. The breakfast was a JOKE and I really mean that. There was no cereal or milk nor any fruit. We were not expecting a full meal but this was muffins, bagels and juice. That was it. And the room could hold about 15 people, and there is about 100 rooms, it was only 7 to 9, no early birds or late ones. This was another reason booked because it had a breakfast and it would save a little money not to eat out, well my family laughed, took a muffin and went to the waffle house. On the last morning of our stay, I seen a roach crawling on the floor. I went straight to the front desk and told them and she was like okay, I will tell the bug man. So before we left the bug man was coming to spray my room while we were still in it. This place was very deceiving and the staff
was rude. I will NEVER stay here again and will tell everyone who ask how gross this place is.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome if you're looking for a cheap,clean place to stay on the beach. If you're high maintenance, this place isn't for you, but if you just want a place to land after a day on the beach, it's definitely worth it! My husband and and I loved it! It's just the kind of low-key place we love!

• Stayed May 2013
KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is by far the nastiest room I've ever seen in my life. After arriving in PCB a day early we called around to find a room for one night. Beachbreak had one. Upon arrival the hallways were disgusting and the smell was gross. Entering the room I about fell over. I wouldn't let anyone in my party take their shoes off. There was stains all over the couch, floor, carpet. There was hair and stains on the sheets of the bed. There was food dried on the utensils in the drawers. NASTY! I IMMEDIATELY went to front desk and ask to be switched rooms or get our money back to go somewhere else. She said she could refund our money but moved us to another hotel which was MUCH nicer and cleaner..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is right on the beach. Biggest asset. The rooms are OK but for the money it's a good deal. Room had refrigerator and microwave. All rooms have exterior doors in case you prefer the security of inside room doors.

• Stayed November 2012
Douglas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Based primarily on price and location, I booked this hotel with some concerns. Some reviews were really bad. At check in I decided to ask for a gulf front room with a kitchenette (having reserved a standard motel room non gulf front). No problem. Paid an upcharge of about $50, if I remember correctly. Our room was fine and everything worked ok. It was not a particularly fine hotel but satisfactory for the price. Would have rated average only if not for the fabulous location directly on the beautiful beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel could be great given the amazing location right by the beach and the friendly staff. Unfortunately, our room had a terrible smell (alcohol, sweat and smoke) and felt really dirty. When touching the chairs, hands turned out all greasy from the padded backs. We also had a cockroach in our room which was in for a real treat. We got our belongings and hit the road one day early.

• Stayed May 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The first room did not have a chain and the deadbolt would not work. Called front desk and got prompt attention. Late so he could not fix, but they gave us another room with deadbolt and chain. Spring breakers probably damaged and it wasn't repaired yet. Clean room with average decor. Bed wasn't very comfortable, but the room was clean. Air worked good, but was loud. Stayed one night before checking into condo. Felt $89 plus tax was fair.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beachbreak by the Sea? Share your experiences!