“It is what it is” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15405 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Dallas, Texas, United States
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Previous reviews scared me. But i still booked our stay and my family and i could of not been happier. We arrived at noon and our room was not ready. An hour and a half later I received a text message that the room was ready. Check in was easy. We stayed in room 309 with was located on the parking level just behind the office and infront of the ice machine. I was concerned we would hear people all night long or early morning but to my great surprise we did not. I will have to say that the room was not great. I'd say a little bit better than a Motel 6 but by no means a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel. With that said the view was great and everything worked in the room. We stayed 4 nights and ate bagels every morning from the continental breakfast that was included. The walk to the beach could of not been shorter. Out of our room down two floors, past the pool and hot tub, and there you have it. White sandy beach. This place is what you should expect for the price. It's old, musty, sandy but for the price cant go wrong. If it's still open next year i will definetly book again.

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

we flew into panama city and the hotel shuttle picked us up for free which was a very nice way to start our vacation. check in was very easy and quick, room was very clean and everything worked and no bad smells. our room was 110 first floor and walked right out to the pool and ocean and there was no steps. , we had 2 double beds and full kitchen which was very nice. the pool felt great and was very clean and stayed open until 11:00 pm. to rent a beach chair from the guy who put them up every morning with a umbrella it was 2 chairs which were connected with a umbrella was $40 a day. and he took them down every day at 4:00. but you can go directly across the street from the hotel and buy one at that store. lots of water activities such as jet skis parasailing volleyball banana boats water trampiling. lots of fun things to do. the resturant right next store is really great its called barefoot and you get 10% off your bill they have really good food and beach view. theres alot more i can write about i read trip advisor all all all the time before my trips. if you have any questions you can ask me kimlyons7@aol.com

Rainbow City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After I had booked, I was a little leery of the ratings. We arrived about two hours early, and the staff was eager to help us and were very courteous. No problems with check-in. We had a one-room with mini-fridge and microwave with a coffee pot. The fridge was out when we began to put things in it. I went downstairs and explained the problem. The maintenance man immediately followed me, checked it and was back in less than five minutes with another one that worked perfectly. The housecleaning staff was very friendly, kept the rooms very clean, and always left the needed supplies everyday. Great shower & clean bathroom. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and were located in the middle of the establishment. Complimentary breakfast every morning-bagels, muffins, yogurt, juices, & coffee along with condiments. I was very pleased with the accommodations and we will visit again. The only drawback that I saw was there was no elevator. This is difficult for those who have difficulties with knees or back.

A Big Thank You!!

Room Tip: Ask the staff about the rooms when booking. They are very helpful.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hotel floors were filthy...wear your shoes when you get out of the shower. Great location right on the beach. Mom of 2 teenage girls felt completly safe. Pool an hot tub were refreshing. My complaint besides the floor is the breakfast, they offered the SAME THING every morning, bagels an muffins...didnt even change the flavors...plan on eating out unless u can eat plain bagel an oj everyday..my girls couldnt...

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Good curb appeal, check-in went very smoothly. Our room was ready even though we arrived 2 hours before check-in time. We rented a two-room suite. The carpets could use a shampooing, but appeared freshly vacuumed. The furniture was in great condition. The base kitchen cabinets had what appeared to be water damage to the doors. All doors closed and cabinets were clean inside, but a little cosmetic maintenance would be nice. Fridge, oven, and microwave were clean inside. Bathroom was small, but clean. Again, some cosmetic maintenance wouldn't hurt. The towel bar had apparently become detached from the tiled wall at some point and was reattached with mismatched grout. Water-drop-sized rust-colored spots on ceiling above tub. Shower head was too low for my preference. Only one plug-in in the bathroom. The gulf view balcony was adequate. Proximity to the beach was exceptional. The Barefoot Beach Club nearby had delicious food and kids eat free with a paid adult. Overall, this is an okay place to stay. It could use some updating of the kitchenette and bathroom, but it's relatively clean, yet dated, beachfront on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012
Anniston, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Found online and unlike others we were told the hotel was old and renovations were currently going on. Traveled with a family of four, arrived on Monday and left Friday morning. The first room we checked into was horrible...the door would not close..easily. We were told by staff that they knew the door needed replacing but had not had time to fix it. We were moved to another room without hesitation. Good points....we found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, the view and proximity to the ocean was outstanding. The pool and hot tub were very enjoyable. Bad points...carpet needs replacing, stove had rust on it, room and water had an awful odor, yes I said water, and me personally I can't stand cloth shower curtains!!!! I would not recommend this hotel for a family, honeymooners or someone looking for a romantic getaway. Spring breakers go and have a ball just don't have too much to drink and lean on the rails to hard on the balcony!

Room Tip: Facing the hotel chose rooms on the left side third floor. No elevator, just one flight to leave bu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I wanted a 2 night getaway, and we saw this on the PCB Web site, that there were these 3 resorts " By The Sea". We asked for a first floor room not knowing that it was really a second floor room and that there is NO ELEVATOR< and that we had to go down 3 floors just to get to the pool with a small hot tub. The breakfast was juice and wrapped pastries. Yes, it was conveinent to a restaurant and the dolphin show is accross the street, but that was about all that helped. The room was not a big room that opened with a patio to the gulf, it was 2 small rooms with a twin bed in each. The back room did have a patio, but when they put 2 chairs, not enough room to sit. I measured, 4 1/2 feet by 3 feet. Both rooms had a musty smelll, probably because they do not get throughly cleaned from guests dripping towels etc. This is why they are just a spring break town. If I was just a college kid looking to have fun, I would not care, however, my wife was not pleased. No, we have not heard from the hotel; jrandbl1983@gmail.com

Room Tip: no matter where you sleep, be prepared for a hike.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachbreak by the Sea? Share your experiences!