“A wonderful place!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   8743 Thomas Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Antioch, Tennessee
“A wonderful place!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This condo was the best ever! From the wonderful view, to the easy access, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. And the cost, was the kicker. We will always be staying back at this condo!

Room Tip: We love the view from up on the 14th floor, it was amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for this great feedback! We are so glad to hear about how much you love our resort. We are very proud of our property and all it has to offer, including being in the middle of the heart of Panama City Beach. We look forward to you returning soon for another great beach vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for a week in Sept. 2013. We thought coming after the summer might mean less people. It wasn't packed but the wait for the elevator still took forever most of the time. The place is aging and needs upgrading in the worst way. The beach access is nice but there are several other places I would choose before I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing this feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members. We do hope that you will change your mind and return to the Summit when your travel plans bring you back to our area. The Summit is a great beachfront property and we would welcome the opportunity for you to return and enjoy all it has to offer.
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The exterior is ok, the pool area nice, but majority of units are very outdated, musty, with ancient furniture. We booked without seeing pics of this particular unit in advance---huge mistake.
Couches are stained and ripped, outdoor furniture for a kitchen table, stained ceilings from previous leaks, there's too much to mention.

Spinnaker and Club la Vela are right next door, and amusement park with a Vomitron across the street. Think MTV spring break.

Checkin clerk was nice and offered any help, but nothing else was available. And short of demolition, there was nothing he could do. Paid 550.00 for 5 nights in October. I guess you get what you pay for, but this is still unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. I do apologize that you felt the room was outdated. With every unit being privately owned, the furnishing and the décor are determined by the individual owners. I will say that many owners have done some very nice improvements and upgrades to your units, We do hope that you will return soon, so that you can experience a nicer unit and still enjoy all that our resort has to offer.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The property itself is nice...good location on the beach with pools, hot tubs, food available, little convenience store on property too. The room was not spectacular. I was supposed to stay in 102 but after checking in, it looked horribly dirty...cobwebs, dust, dirt on floor, stains on bedding, dirt in corners and cracky tiles. I have never stayed in a dumpy place like this so I immediately called the person managing the rental and he offered another room 1224, which was a lot cleaner feeling but it still had old nasty bedding and it was not luxurious or special. Only 2 rolls of toilet paper in the room for 5 people!!! Great view from balcony but the furniture was old, dingy, and smelly. The balcony furniture was rusty and old. Even after emailing the owner of the condo, he never replied! Just be careful and see pics of your room before you book one! This was my first time booking a condo and probably my last!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. Since you rented directly through an owner, I cannot speak to the quality or cleanliness of the unit. We do hope that you will return to the Summit to enjoy all of our amenities and of course the great views. When booking through the on-site management, we do have many units in the rental program for you to choose from depending on availability.
MARIETTA, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

First off, let me state that The Summit is not a 4 or 5 star resort, and they don't claim to be.
If that's what you're lookig for, look elsewhere.
What The Summit is is a nice, affordable place to stay. My wife and I have stayed at The Summit several times over the past six or seven years and have only had one bad experience.
We made the mistake of renting directly thru The Summit for a quick 3 day getaway.
Boy was that a bad idea!! We must have been put in a "spring break special" unit as the furniture was worn out, the walls were very scuffed up and the bed needed to be replaced.
We were only going to be there three nights and we spend most of our time on the beach anyway so we stayed and knew then to NEVER rent directly thru The Summit again.
The other times we have stayed at The Summit, we rented thru www.VRBO.com where you can see pictures of the units and read reviews posted by others that have stayed in the unit.
We have NEVER had a bad experience when renting thru VRBO and I'm sure the rate is much cheaper than renting thru The summit as well. We have actually stayed in units where the owner provided the rental chairs on the beqach for the week.
Yes, The Summit is an older complex, but they keep the exterior of the building and the grounds very clean and well maintained.
Bikini Bob's (the on-site bar & grill) is always a favorite for drinks and snacks or even for dinner if you don't feel like going out when you've had too much fun in the sun.
There is also an on-site convenience store.
We have only stayed at The Summit after Labor Day so it is much less crowded so we have never experienced any problem with having to wait for an elevator.
There are a lot very nice units, many with washers / dryers (which is always a plus) available to view on VRBO and I would reccomend The Summit to anyone looking for an affordable condo directly on the beach.
As stated in other reviews, there are two lagre pools (unlike some of the newer very large condos), on-site security, grills on each end of the building.
You do have to "check in" at the office upon arrival and pay $15 for your parking pass and arm bands and everyone that I have ever delt with in the office has always been very friendly.
I could go on & on but you get the idea. The Summit overall is NOT a dump or dirty.
We didn't see a bunch of drunks and there was not a lot of noise as mentioned in other reviews, but as I stated, we have only stayed after Labor Day.
In my opinion, fall is the perfect time to vist PCB anyway.
Don't let the negative reviews keep you from thinking about staying at The Summit and check out VRBO and forget Bookit.com.
There are NEVER any additional charges thru VRBO such as what you read about from people that have rented thru Bookit as you rent directly from the owner.
I wish I there NOW!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback on your experiences at the Summit Beach Resort. We agree that the Fall is a wonderful time to visit the Panama City Beach area. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time and I do encourage you to not shy away from the onsite management as we are a professional management company with approximately 140 rooms that are in the program. We look forward to your next return to the Summit.
Carrollton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times this summer & booked through different channels. Mary is AWESOME & their Units were very clean in each one we were in! Being with a group we have stayed in a total of 4 & the ONLY down fall was going to get our keys from the main office. She turned her lights out as soon as she saw me attempting to open the door! The security officer @ the gate had directed us there but thankfully a man saw that & he was a nice security man with glasses, I didn't get his name, he took care of us & called Bob to get our Keys & signed in! Even at the end of the day, you should greet every guest who comes into eye contact with your front desk staff or any team member & never avoid them! I would give the number of the condo but will just say for great prices shop around!!!! Last weekend was great & the Off season is the perfect time to go!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. I am so sorry for the encounter at the front office. That is very unusual. We pride ourselves on customer service and I do apologize that you did not have hospitable service. I assure you this will be addressed with our front office team. I am glad to hear of how much you enjoy staying at the Summit and that you return again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pros: Gated with security entrance/exit, good prices, 2 clean pools, 2 clean kiddy pools, next door to Spinnaker's, Hammerhead Fred's across street, Walmart close by, very friendly & helpful staff.

Cons: Very stinky outside by office & middle elevators on ground floor, a/c units in the rooms are loud, trash chutes are loud, armbands required to wear, older condo that needs updating (cosmetic etc.).

The unit we stayed in we reserved through vrbo.com. We were on the 6th floor in the middle of the condo. It was the perfect location! However, it was near the trash chute. It was so loud! The elevators are quiet though. The balcony railing is questionable. As I was relaxing by the pool, I looked at all the railing on the balconies. One condo's balcony railing wasn't attached very well anymore in one portion! We had to park in a certain spot so we didn't have to walk past the stinkiness outside by the office & elevators on ground floor. Tiki Bar has great prices for food & drinks! I didn't think it was overly crowded at all by the pool. It wasn't loud at all. The only time there was loud noise is when Spinnaker's was playing loud music on a Saturday night. I think having to wear an armband is silly, too. You pay for them as well. The condo we rented had a disgusting odor so when we went to Walmart, we got some air freshners. It helped some. The room needed fresh paint & updated appliances. The a/c unit is in a "closet" in the condo next to the bedroom so it's loud when it kicks on. Other than
that, it was nice! Nice location! Very family oriented! Security guards guarded the place in several places which is nice. I'm an avid gym person doing cardio & weight lifting. I had to get the treadmill key from the office to use the treadmill. In order to get the key, I had to give them my driver's license. Treadmills are nice, but there's no tvs or music. Also, the "weight room" is not worth it. 3 treadmills, 1 or 2 ellipticals & 1 recumbant bike and about 5 circuit machines. Pools/pool areas were
kept clean. Glad we visited off-season!

• Stayed September 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback on your stay at the Summit Beach Resort. We appreciate you listing out both the pros and the cons of your visit. I will be sure to address the comments with the Homeowner’s Association, who is responsible for the common areas. In regards to the room, you rented through VRBO and not the onsite rental company, so I encourage you to make sure that you have informed the owner. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to The Summit Condominiums? Share your experiences!