“LOVE THE CONDOS” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   8743 Thomas Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Morris, Illinois, United States
“LOVE THE CONDOS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

W stayed there last year in oct and fell in love with the condo's so much fun.. from the tiki bar to the pool... loved seeing the kids at night run around the beach with flash lights looking for crabs.. our room was excellent and front desk was very nice... We loved it so much we decided to get married here in june at the summit and I can't wait to get there... Every single time i have called and talked to a lady named dawn she has been wonderful about all my questions!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you very much for this great feedback! We are so glad that you loved your visit to your property and it is so exciting that you will be getting married here! Please tell others about your great experience and we are so looking forward to seeing you again soon.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Woodstock, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here on Bookit.com because they had a special for $89 per night. When I checked in, the front desk informed me that I had to pay an additional $140 for a "damage waiver" and it is non-refundable. I'm still scratching my head over that one. Check-in time was 4pm but they still weren't done with the "inspection" at 5:30pm so we had to wait. When we finally got to the room, the floor was filthy and sandy. The bottom of my feet were black after 3 minutes of walking barefoot. The sliding glass door to the balcony was stuck from all the trash and sand in the track. The door to the washer/dryer was completely off the hinges leaning against the wall. For 2 of the days we were here, they were doing construction in the room above us so we had to listen to jackhammering and pounding all day. Overall bad experience. Will not come back and won't refer anyone here.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. When booking through bookit or another on-line channel, all fees are disclosed on their website along with your confirmation. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your room and I do hope this does not deter you from trying our property again.
Panama City Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Management was terrible, service sucked, and the place is ran down and dirty. Complained about the mold growing in window, they "cleaned" the window, mold still there. When we checked in the the floor was dirty, the table was covered in something sticky, the phone was covered with something sticky, and microwave was dirty. They argued with us about doing a laundry exchange half way through the week, and no one ever came into clear, even though both were listed on the website. Panama City Beach was a beautiful area, I will never go to the Slum-it again.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you providing this feedback. Please be advised that I will address the housekeeping issues with the appropriate department. I do hope that you will try our property again to experience a great beach destination in Panama City Beach.
Anderson, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You can really pack a lot of people into a one bedroom condo with the Hugh bedroom, queen sleeper sofa and buck beds! We had room 1017 and it had a washer and dryer and included beach chairs and umbrella, we priced one that didn't have that and our owner dropped her price to match! Went through H2o rentals and used Heather Graham! She was awesome! Bracelets in-room and condo had code instead of key so no line waiting.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you stay at Summit Beach Resort again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Where to even start. The only positives about this place is its location. Other than that, if your looking for good customer service, or even a clean room, go elsewhere. We made our reservations in November for our march trip, we booked the 13 person suite, when we got there we had 2 one bedroom condos, both of which were never cleaned, there was hair and blood on the sheets of the unmade bed. We took our reservations down to the office and they "couldn't help us" as they were "too busy" ...too busy to fix a reservation that they messed up? The management was so rude I ended up in an argument with them telling them they all need to learn customer service. On top of that, we mistakenly referred a lot of friends to stay at the summit, and their rooms were either completely just not even attempted to have been cleaned or it was visited by a maid of some sort, however sheets were still dirty and trash still in the trash cans. This place was SO disgusting, I went on the first day with a minor cut on my head, and had to go to the hospital before we left due to the staph infection I acquired from either the couch or the bed. Bottom line, stay somewhere else

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The summit is in a good area and is safe for spring breakers BUT I came here for spring break and after the first four days me and a few of my roommates were EXTREMELY sick. we searched the room and found black colored mold all through out the bathroom walls. They moved us to a different room but it is also very unclean. The women from student breaks was EXTRAORDINARILY rude and screaming at us about how they would never reimburse us for even a portion of our money even though I was throwing up and couldn't breathe. I even had to call an ambulance which i truly believe was because of the mold. I also heard that the maids steal things left in the room, although I don't know if this is true or not, I know thee people from student breaks came to our condo asking if we had seen an iPad left in the room, and no one could find it. seems to me that the maids were the only ones there before me, but who knows! I also heard that is it very easy to get kicked out for petty things. I heard of a collage spring breaker who got kicked out for throwing a cigarette butt off of the balcony. This place is also disgusting! I saw multiple used condoms, beer cars/bottles scattered around the place! even in front of the office. I would have paid the thousands of dollars to NOT stay at the summit. Save your money, do not give it to these people!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My buddies and I planned a last minute spring break trip to Panama City beach. All of the hotels were booked so we settled with summit condominiums. The only good thing about it was the location and everything else was terrible. The rooms are extremely over priced during spring break and ended up costing us around $450 a night. They also made us each pay a $10 non refundable security deposit, which I thought was ridiculous. The condo only had 1 room with bunk beds in the hallway and everything about the place was disgusting. They only gave us 2 rolls of toilet paper for the week and charged 2.50 for each additional roll. The staff were extremely unhelpful and useless. The elevators took forever and the stairs were littered with garbage and smelled of urine. We are college students and like to party but this place was way too out of control, filled with obnoxious drunks and southern thugs. We even had a gun pointed at us from a car walking down the street outside the condo. I've taken many vacations and stayed at several crappy hotels and this place tops them all. The motel 8 we stayed at in Alabama was nicer than this place, don't waste your money.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to The Summit Condominiums? Share your experiences!