This trip started as a nightmare August 2,2013. My brother, his wife, and my son were in Panama City for a wedding, which did not get booked. Here we are frantically searching for lodging on or near the beach on a friday afternoon. The assistance of a smartphone was our one saving grace. We found (2) two rooms @ The Reef at Seahaven. Unfamiliar with the area we drove some (10) miles to get to the west end of the beach near Pier Park. OMG!!!!!! PARKING WAS AWFUL!!!! to say the least. If you take it upon yourself to willfully stay here please do so at "your own risk." You have to check in (15 minute time limit) and they are VERY adamant about this time limit. Remember this vital information because it is crucial to the review. There is a restaurant that is owned by the people who own The Reef, called Sharky's. Customer's who eat at Sharky's have just as much right to park there as customers of The Reef. Most of the parking is done by customers of the Restaurant!! Roughly around (40) available parking slots where do the customers who stay at The Reef park? Down the street from The Reef in the Sharky's parking lot on the opposite side from The Reef!!! LOL... One has to cross the busy high traffic area and walk down to the Sharky's parking lot to get in their vehicles. We got out with our luggage and proceeded to walk back to The Reef. Our one saving grace was a courteous driver, who informed us he would be back to pick us up to carry us to The Reef, shortly. He already had individuals who were just as frustrtated and hot to take as well. I wish I had gotten his name because of his courtesy and professionalism. Can't complain about the rooms,because you get what you pay for and we were thankful for the availabilty. waht can be said is that the rooms are somewhat dated. But the views are gorgeous and something to wake up to in the morning. Also if you are on a budget, at Sharky's if you stay at The Reef children eat free. to sum things up the parking is a logistical black-eye for this development.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Gulf front property was previously the America's Best Value Inn. After undergoing upgrades in 2013 this 80 room property is ready to welcome new guests! Located right on Panama City Beach and less than one mile to Pier Park. Amenities include pool, private balcony, easy Gulf access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and BookIt.com so you can book your The Reef at Seahaven Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Value Inn Beach Front Hotel Panama City Beach
- Best Value Hotel Beach Front