It started with us pulling into the property lot to find a young male (20's) vomiting in the parking lot and there were no available parking spaces. The lobby was clean and the front desk staff friendly. I booked the following: “Room Double Room, 2 Double Beds, non-smoking room, Refrigerator & Microwave, Beachside Includes: Free Parking.” Once finding a parking space across the street, we made our way to the room. On the way, we found the male mentioned earlier had vomited along the sidewalk and was still on the stairwell expelling even more. Once making it to our door, I noticed trash strew about in front of the door. Upon entering the room, we were immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke and a 2” long Palmetto Bug running across the floor. The room had very dirty grout (Tile) and the carpet was dirty and “tacky” to the touch. When the bedspread was pulled back, we saw stained sheets and dried vomit on the side of the mattress. The extra blankets were very stained and dirty. Desk Staff had no other rooms available and refused to refund our money. The nighttime maintenance lady responded, cleaned the mattress, and sprayed an air freshener that masked the cigarette odor for about 20 minutes. Asthmatic son slept with a shirt over his head. Absolutely no cellular or wireless service available in the room. Wife complained to desk staff in morning when we checked out and we did not get a call from management as promised. We Will never stay again and will NOT recommend ANYONE stay here. ***Very disappointed*** :(
Do Not Stay Here!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.