“DATED” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunbird Suites

You added Sunbird Suites to your Saves list
Sunbird Suites
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9850 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Henderson, Kentucky
“DATED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first stay at Sunbird and might be our last. the condo owner that we rented from was nice and easy to work with. the onsite HOA was friendly and was able to answer my questions regarding the facility. However this place is very dated and in need up some serious overhaul. The boardwalk/deck around the pools and beach are in bad shape and need to be replaced. the building could use some paint and the pools need new chairs and add some umbrellas. The condo that we rented was very small, even though we did not spend much time in it it would have been nice to have a bigger floor plan and maybe a 2 bedroom.( i was advise by the HOA office they don't have 2 bedroom options)
A positive they have 3 pools and they were clean and clear, the beach access is gated and you muse have an arm band and pass code to enter and return to the grounds. The parking is gated and there is a security guard onsite 24/7. The beach is nice a quiet and clean in front of the condo and the chair rental guys were super nice and friendly.
For the money we spent it was nice a did the job, however we will be budgeting for a bigger place next time around.
Rent and stay at your own risk

Room Tip: If there is more that 2 people or 2 adults and a small child stay somewhere else unless you get a co...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in condo unit 802 West! The bed was rock hard. There was only one Tv and it was in the living area. The refrigerator did not work unless it was on high. A/C worked but not well. Bird poo stacked up on the balcony. Not a very nice condo. We have stayed in some cheaper and nicer. Only one swimming pool and it was very cold and in the shadow most of the day. Will not be staying there ever again.

Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this place through bookit.com, through Royal American, through Sun Bird. When I got there we had to pay another $150 on top of what I paid through bookit for "resort fee" (cleaning fee, security deposit which you dont get back, fees to use the pools, etc.) We stayed at the Sunbird resort. The room was somewhat clean but needs some remodeling. The wallpaper was coming off the walls, the tub leaked, and not much hot water (we are a family of four and if you were the last to get a shower you may or may not have hot water). The door going out to the balcony would not lock. When I called to ask about when we would be getting clean towels I was told we would not be getting any that I would need to wash them if I wanted clean towels and was told where the laundry room was for the resort. Who goes on vacation to do laundry. I also asked if someone was going to be by to take out the trash, I was told we would need to take out our own trash and was then told where the trash shoot was. There is a main gate that you have to come through in order to get into the resort with a key pass code and there is also gates with pass codes coming off the beach. Half the time the key pads would not work so we found ourselves "locked out" of the resort. We would have to keep tring the code over and over until it would finally work or we would walk to the next beach access gate and try that one, with little kids that is no fun.
I cant rate the fitness center and kids activity because we never knew where those were, I am sure my kids would have enjoyed some fun activites but there was none to my knowledge.
I will have to say though that the beach in front of this resort was great. It was not crowed at all.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our experience was terrific. We checked in with no problems.We stayed in 110w our view was amazing.The staff at Sunbird were great.We are coming back in July.Everything you need is in the vicinity. Pineapple Willy's always had something going on for entertainment. We cooked our own food.We were impressed that the condo had all of the cooking utensils to make perfect meals.This location is amazing, we will continue to book here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

After renting 407e on a $99 a night sale, and reading bad reviews on here about the complex we were a bit worried coming down. This was a last minute decision trip, and we were on a tight budget. We were very happy once in the room though. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. The view of the beach was perfect! And the location (right next door to pineapple willys) was excellent. Only down side to the room was the cheap uncomfortable mattresses. We went the first night and bought a foam bed topper to help it out. Still not incredibly comfy but oh well.... The rest of the room made it a minor thing.

• Stayed May 2013
Prospect, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Worse trip ever. Not ideal for teenagers on Spring Break. Condo security and management were completely unprofessional, unfriendly and incompetent. I was booted out in the middle of the night at 11:30 p.m. I was given no warnings by condo security or management prior to being kicked out. No refund either. I stayed 1 night out of 5. Had to sleep in car all night with kids. Reason I was given for being evicted 1) I had a teen in my room who had gotten sick earlier in the afternoon who was suspected of underage drinking 2) One teen was accused of looking through a door to another condo. This teen claims he was asked to stop by per request of the occupants. He did not enter the room. Instead of issuing a warning, condo security called police to have us kicked out. The staff was completely rude and hostile. A security gaurd down the street even told me, after the fact, that the security gaurds at the Sunbird were over zealous and power hungry.

Room Tip: Look for another condo. Do not rent from the Sunbird!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I rented from an individual. They were very nice. Upon entering condo we noticed a sewer smell still not sure what that is. The towels smelled like cigarette smoke. The decks had trash on them at all times although they were forever cleaning them up. The front office personel leaves a lot to be desired. They need some interpersonal relationship classes really bad. You can tell this condo is OLD and dated. This place is ok for drunk teenagers. Do yourself a favor and find another pk ace to stay. This was my first and last time staying here.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Sunbird Suites? Share your experiences!