“Very disappointing!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Florida
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were booked into this hotel for 3 nights as part of a marketing package for Wyndham timeshare. We were exhausted from our trip or we would never have stayed even one night. Our first impression was great as the receptionist was warm, friendly, and helpful. It went downhill from there. The door to the room was dirty. We had 2 small spiders on the bed. The carpet was dirty and soiled. There was a full-size refrigerator, sink, and microwave but absolutely no kitchen housewares: Not even paper towels, deposable dishes, or silverware. The "resort" is located out of the main area of town with only one little old-fashioned diner close by for breakfast. We checked out after only one night.

Room Tip: Our 7th floor room had a great view but was very run down and dirty.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some feedback concerning your recent visit. First, I would like to offer my apology for the cleanliness issues you experienced. I've passed on your notes to our housekeeping team so that they can incorporate them into their on-going training. Second, I'm sorry that Wyndham seemed to give you an inaccurate impression of our property. We held lengthy discussions with their time share team, they are fully aware of the room types we offered them and the ones we did not. None of the Wyndham rooms are equipped with full kitchens. I'm sorry that they led you to believe otherwise. Once more, I'm so sorry that you were unhappy and, again, thank you for letting me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Atchison, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed our stay at Beachside Resort. Like others I would not call it a resort, but the location is good. We had a gulf view and a balcony which was what we wanted. The room was fine but it is the view that you are paying for. I thought it was funny that they provide a ironing board, no iron, but no broom. After the first time we went to the beach we had a sand dune in the bathroom. Who irons at the beach? The room was clean not really updated.

Room Tip: Get a gulf view room. Worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Madaboutred ----

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. It's interesting that you asked "who irons at the beach?" It would seem that many people pack like I do. They throw their garments in the bag and then iron once they arrive. I'm also sorry that you felt you needed a broom. I'll pass this along to our Housekeeping team so they can redouble their efforts when servicing rooms. Again, thank you for your feedback and when you get the itch to see the beach again, we'll be here.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This isn't Wyndham inn but the staff are very friendly and threw view from our balcony is beautiful. I can see the swimming pool and the beach. I would have to say that this hotel is nice I wouldn't say it is a resort though. I will be bringing my family back. And it is on the quieter side of front beach street. Everything is new in the room. The bathroom looks brand new too.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your time at Beachside. I also love the pictures you posted, especially the new pool area. And I'm so glad that you will be bringing the family back. We'll be waiting for your return.
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were looking for basic accomdations for a beach trip... We weren't expecting anything fancy but we did expect clean. This place was just plain dirty and run down. The clientele was pretty rough...not our cup of tea. We came to the realization that we need to stick to destinations away from the Florida panhandle in general and Panama City Beach in particular. The whole area is economically very depressed and is very sad

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to read that you were unhappy with your visit. I have spoken to our new Housekeeping Manager about your comments. We have recently gone through a complete overhaul in our Housekeeping Leadership team. It seems that many of the issues you experienced have been addressed by this change. The hotel is located in a quiet beach community where most of the homes are used by their owners as rentals or as a "get away from the crazy" beach house.. And the town has much to offer with an expanding sports facility and the ever growing Pier Park entertainment sector. I'm sorry that you were unable to enjoy these area gems. Again, I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was ok . I wouldn't really call it a resort, it's nothing more than a hotel with an outdoor bar, pool, hot tub, and beach access. It's a little further away from Pier Park and the rest of the attractions of Panama City , so it's a little more quiet which was nice. However you're going to have to drive to get almost anywhere or anything.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit. While we are located on the western end of Panama City Beach, we are only 6 miles from Frank Brown Park and all the excitement that is Pier Park. Many of our guests find that the extra 5 minute drive is well worth the quiet and peace they experience when they are staying here. I hope you found the same to be true. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Huntsville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS and wanted me to take him to the resort we visited thirteen times over the past several years. He wanted to seal the wonderful memories we made at the resort. I contacted the resort's general Manager, Mr. John Lee, and was able to secure the perfect accommodations that met my husband's challenges. When we arrived, around 1:00 p.m. our room was ready and we did not have to wait until 4:00 p.m. Mr. Lee had arranged for a greeting gift that kept up in "goodies" all week long. I cannot express our gratitude enough to Mr. Lee and all of his staff for the exceptional care, given to us during our stay. Angels of Panama city Beach can be found at this resort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Suzanne --
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your time back at the resort. I hope you both had a chance to not only remember the past, but make new memories that will carry you into the future. When you are ready to return, just let us know and we'll do all we can to lay the groundwork for more wonderful memories. Until then.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

I had read the many, many reviews on this resort from our tripadvisor group. With mostly positive remarks, we settled on booking this "clean, but worn, friendly hotel just enough away from Panama City Beach's downtown noise". And it was everything we expected. Everyone was friendly to your face but service requests were seldom followed up on. Checking in was a bit of a problem as the room keys didn't work and it turned out the door lock was broken so we were ushered to another room. Once settling in, we set up our computers only to find the wifi slow to the point of be useless. The front desk sent someone who moved the "hot spot" closer to our room. It worked for a day or two.
The first two days we went without housekeeping, scheduling error according to the front desk. The remaining 5 days housekeeping did a poor job in never vacuuming or washing the floors.
I disposed of one cockroach a day, seven in all and the front desk explained it as because we were on the first floor.
Otherwise the location and a second or third floor room would make you stay worth it for the price. Note comments below on first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Book the main building on any floor above ground level. The noise level and lack of privacy on the f...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I'm sorry to read about the issues you encountered while staying with us. It is always our goal that ever guest have a perfect visit, it is clear from your review that this was not what you experienced.
The missing hotspot for the internet was actually a first for us. Of all the things we've had occur over the years, having a guest remove this was not something we had on our radar. I'm sorry that this caused you issues. Also, the item you discussed concerning housekeeping, this is not acceptable and has been addressed with their management team.
Again, thank you for letting me know about your experiences and again, I'm very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!