“You made our stay so very memorable, Thanks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Huntsville, Canada
“You made our stay so very memorable, Thanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS and wanted me to take him to the resort we visited thirteen times over the past several years. He wanted to seal the wonderful memories we made at the resort. I contacted the resort's general Manager, Mr. John Lee, and was able to secure the perfect accommodations that met my husband's challenges. When we arrived, around 1:00 p.m. our room was ready and we did not have to wait until 4:00 p.m. Mr. Lee had arranged for a greeting gift that kept up in "goodies" all week long. I cannot express our gratitude enough to Mr. Lee and all of his staff for the exceptional care, given to us during our stay. Angels of Panama city Beach can be found at this resort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Suzanne --
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your time back at the resort. I hope you both had a chance to not only remember the past, but make new memories that will carry you into the future. When you are ready to return, just let us know and we'll do all we can to lay the groundwork for more wonderful memories. Until then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had read the many, many reviews on this resort from our tripadvisor group. With mostly positive remarks, we settled on booking this "clean, but worn, friendly hotel just enough away from Panama City Beach's downtown noise". And it was everything we expected. Everyone was friendly to your face but service requests were seldom followed up on. Checking in was a bit of a problem as the room keys didn't work and it turned out the door lock was broken so we were ushered to another room. Once settling in, we set up our computers only to find the wifi slow to the point of be useless. The front desk sent someone who moved the "hot spot" closer to our room. It worked for a day or two.
The first two days we went without housekeeping, scheduling error according to the front desk. The remaining 5 days housekeeping did a poor job in never vacuuming or washing the floors.
I disposed of one cockroach a day, seven in all and the front desk explained it as because we were on the first floor.
Otherwise the location and a second or third floor room would make you stay worth it for the price. Note comments below on first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Book the main building on any floor above ground level. The noise level and lack of privacy on the f...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I'm sorry to read about the issues you encountered while staying with us. It is always our goal that ever guest have a perfect visit, it is clear from your review that this was not what you experienced.
The missing hotspot for the internet was actually a first for us. Of all the things we've had occur over the years, having a guest remove this was not something we had on our radar. I'm sorry that this caused you issues. Also, the item you discussed concerning housekeeping, this is not acceptable and has been addressed with their management team.
Again, thank you for letting me know about your experiences and again, I'm very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at The Beachside resort for the first time a couple weeks ago. My family thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The beach and views are gorgeous, hotel and bar staff were friendly and helpful and we loved the Sundeck! The rooms are a bit older but clean and comfortable. We were there during Spring Break and it got a bit noisy our last night but that was the only time we had a problem with noise. The rooms were soundproof, it was more the activities outside . That said, we felt very lucky because it was Spring Break in PCB, and we had really worried it would be insane!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and the lay out was different than I'm used to. The door opened right into the front room - it was noisier in the morning due to breezeway voices and slamming doors. The second room opens onto the balcony - which is fantastic. A bathroom and kitchenette (sink, microwave, and full sized refrigerator) separate the 2 rooms.
My whole family thanked me for finding this hotel!

Room Tip: Great sea breezes on the Sun Deck.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your recent visit. We're so glad you found us as well. And now that you have, we can't wait to see you back time and again. Again, thank you.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second time staying at The beachside resort! I went for spring break with some of my closest friends and it was even better than the first time i went! the management staff is behind friendly and the rooms are extremely accommodating. I highly recommend The Beachside Resort. i definitely was in need of a nice, stressless vacation and this hotel played the right part in that! Beautiful views, nice rooms, and friendly staff is why I choose this hotel every time I stay in at the beach!
-Alana C

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Alana --
I'm so glad to read that you had a great second time at Beachside. Thank you so much for your comments and I'll be sure to share them with the entire management team. Again, thank you and we can't wait to see you again.
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was pleasant surprise. It is a clean newly renovated oceanfront motel. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rate the could not be beat for a clean oceanfront resort. There was some construction going on as they continued with updates. The room was simple with new bed, bedding, furniture, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. They had a pool with handicap access.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your January visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. One note, all of the construction that was on-going when you were here has been completed. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Fort Worth, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It started when we booked the hotel and had to change dates due to flight cancelations out of DFW. We were told no problem but when we arrived they added $55 to our bill which made the room $189! This room had filthy windows, sand on the floor a very noisy A/C. It looked more like a very low budget motel than a $189 a night room. The hotel is on the beach but for the money I'l take a tent instead.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let me know about the issues you experienced with your visit. I'm so sorry that your room was not clean and your rate was not what you expected. I noticed that you mentioned you changed dates. Typically, when the dates are changed you are not guaranteed the rate you originally had, the cost might go up or down depending on the prevailing rate for your new dates. I'm sorry that this wasn't explained correctly. I've spoken with my manager in charge of the front desk to insure that this issue is covered with our team. I've also spoken with the Housekeeping manager, your room should've been clean and ready when you arrived. I'm sorry that is wasn't. Once more, thank you for letting me know.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I arrived to the room, I was very surprised how it was set up! It was almost like two rooms, which worked out awesome! Lots of space, great view. And very friendly staff! I would recommend this hotel and I can not wait to plan my next vacation here!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Heather --
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad you had a great time. Our rooms hearken back to a different era, some would say it's lots of wasted space, but I think they're wonderful, Since they're larger than the average new hotel room, you've got lots of space to spread out and enjoy your vacation. We can't wait to welcome you back We'll see you then.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!