“what a fun trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Memphis, Tennessee
“what a fun trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second time staying at The beachside resort! I went for spring break with some of my closest friends and it was even better than the first time i went! the management staff is behind friendly and the rooms are extremely accommodating. I highly recommend The Beachside Resort. i definitely was in need of a nice, stressless vacation and this hotel played the right part in that! Beautiful views, nice rooms, and friendly staff is why I choose this hotel every time I stay in at the beach!
-Alana C

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was pleasant surprise. It is a clean newly renovated oceanfront motel. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rate the could not be beat for a clean oceanfront resort. There was some construction going on as they continued with updates. The room was simple with new bed, bedding, furniture, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. They had a pool with handicap access.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your January visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. One note, all of the construction that was on-going when you were here has been completed. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Fort Worth, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It started when we booked the hotel and had to change dates due to flight cancelations out of DFW. We were told no problem but when we arrived they added $55 to our bill which made the room $189! This room had filthy windows, sand on the floor a very noisy A/C. It looked more like a very low budget motel than a $189 a night room. The hotel is on the beach but for the money I'l take a tent instead.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let me know about the issues you experienced with your visit. I'm so sorry that your room was not clean and your rate was not what you expected. I noticed that you mentioned you changed dates. Typically, when the dates are changed you are not guaranteed the rate you originally had, the cost might go up or down depending on the prevailing rate for your new dates. I'm sorry that this wasn't explained correctly. I've spoken with my manager in charge of the front desk to insure that this issue is covered with our team. I've also spoken with the Housekeeping manager, your room should've been clean and ready when you arrived. I'm sorry that is wasn't. Once more, thank you for letting me know.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

When I arrived to the room, I was very surprised how it was set up! It was almost like two rooms, which worked out awesome! Lots of space, great view. And very friendly staff! I would recommend this hotel and I can not wait to plan my next vacation here!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Heather --
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad you had a great time. Our rooms hearken back to a different era, some would say it's lots of wasted space, but I think they're wonderful, Since they're larger than the average new hotel room, you've got lots of space to spread out and enjoy your vacation. We can't wait to welcome you back We'll see you then.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed here a good 8 to 10 years before. This hotel has changed hands a few times over recent years & although they are attempting to improve things they are missing the mark dealing with their winter guests.

Firstly, there is NO `Resort` in this hotel as it simply provides rooms, pool & hot tub & nothing more at this time. The hotel in itself was very acceptable when it came to cleanliness & the bed was very comfortable. However the front desk staff were put in a very awkward position when guests had to ask questions about the renos.

Issues we encountered included:

1. The majority of units have fridge, stove & microwave or just microwave but --- no table & chairs at which to eat. What's with that????

2. No toaster, because there is no space. ???? There is - right beside the microwave!

3. Although the hide-a-bed sofas may accommodate additional sleeping facilities, they sure don't provide comfortable seating, which was the only seating in our room. When we sat on the sofa the cushions sank so far down that the sofa frame dug into the back of your legs. I sure wouldn't want to be the one that has to sleep on it.

4. They have removed the stand at the front desk which would display flyers of activities that would be available in the area. A simple courtesy of any hotel 2 star or 5 star. Had to go to the grocery store to get this type of info.

5. Some of the people in the 3-floor section of the hotel had to tolerate a full week of roof repairs with no warning when booking the vacation, or in advance of the actual work. There was no offer to compensate for the inconvenience, either.

6. We were told that these types of inconveniences had to be tolerated right through the "snowbird" season. They get it that it is the best time to do work, but to take advantage of people by not advising them of the degree of inconvenience before they book is deplorable behaviour, even if it is only a possibility of work. Major construction is not an acceptable last minute notice item when people are already there & captive. People don't travel thousands of miles to have hammering wake them for a week. Also to wake up to works cursing is entirely unacceptable.

7. The games room which had been used for gatherings & entertainment has been turned into additional rental rooms. OH YEAH, this room is still in their web page advertisement. There was NO games room of any kind available during our visit. And the poolside bar was just being constructed. The laundry facilities have been moved to the 4th floor with the old laundry facilities have been converted to the very small social room. How rude to offer people this type of substitute compared to what is advertised on the web site.

I could go on but enough is enough. I hope everyone gets the idea.

These may seem like minor issues to some, but when people are booking they should be advised that there are renovations underway which could cause some inconvenience, no matter how small or, in this case LARGE. When people are taking a break, weather for a weekend or up to three & a half months they should be offered the courtesy of advance notice. The name of the hotel business is HOSPITALITY. This is definitely being missed at this hotel, at this time. It has been a wonderful hotel in the past & we certainly anticipate it will be in the future. Maybe these comments will help the owners of this wonderful place to get back on track when it comes to the 'hospitality ' portion of hotel ownership, please.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool level, next to the pool can get noisy at times. If you want quiet you might w...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First, I'd like to thank you for choosing to spend that last 8-10 winters with us. And as I said to many in our winter community as I spoke with them, we were so sorry that your visit was upset by our continuing updates, repairs and renovations. With out getting into a blow by blow, most of the renovation was to have happened in November. However, due to multiple factors, the start got pushed back into 2015. Again, I'm so sorry that you were disappointed with your time here and do hope you're retuning in 2016. We'll see you then. .
New Madison, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were spacious, clean, and very quiet with a beautiful view of the gulf. It was at the quiet end of the beach but still close enough to get to the restaurants/shops by the beach. The staff was very friendly, especially Wendy - what a sweetheart. The day I was there checking on a room for next winter, Wendy was very busy, but found time to reserve me a room for next winter. I would recommend this resort to anyone that wants to visit Panama City Beach. For the quality of the resort, the price is extremely reasonable.
Greg E.
Ohio

Room Tip: all rooms are gulf view rooms. 7 floors.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Greg E. --
I'm so glad you've found a new place to escape the chill of winter. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Wendy. She's become a very special part of our team. Again, thank you for posting and we look forward to seeing you in February.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is the place you want to stay if constantly want to spend you beach vacation being lied to by the hotel staff. They said the construction was done, it is not even close. Spent the past few days listing to the masons prepping space to lay bricks at 7 in the morning. Yesterday I was woken
Up by a worker yelling 'F$&@ This'. Really charming. The pool is the same temperature of the ocean a nice balmy 60 degrees. The staff informed us the pool would be fixed by yesterday at noon, alas it is not. As they now have order a whole new heater since the part they order that took over a week to get didn't fix the problem. If you want to be constantly lied to and put off by the staff this is the place for you. Save your money, stay somewhere much nicer and Florida hospitality is still practiced.

• Stayed March 2015
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I wanted to thank you for posting your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm very sorry that your vacation was ruined by the construction and our pool. The information you were told was the best we had at the time. We can only provide the information that our contractors were giving us. Sadly, many of them worked with less urgency than we had expected. Our maintenance team did all they could to fix our pool, working multiple overtime shifts to get our heater back up and running. Unfortunately, they were unable to fix the issues and yes, a new heater is now required. Again, I'm very sorry that we ruined your vacation and I do wish you'd reconsider never returning.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!